duty free

thunder367

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

They only confiscated if they think you have too much oh. They can track all your purchases on your boarding pass

Very true but they still have to match the boarding pass swipe with the face. I thought some time ago that "maybe" a CCTV image was taken in the ME airports back to UK when purchases exceeds allowances but I can absolutely say they dont lol

OP inbound to Bangkok arrivals you'll lose nothing if within allowances. I was "tugged" some way outside arrival area in 2016 when with my son (was On Qatar) clearly tags showing and he asked about fags...... I just smiled and said dont smoke at all and that was that. He didnt ask to look in bags at all. If he had I would have started asking for ID etc (I had nothing anyway never do outbound)

Edited by RR007
  • Like 2

on way back ive only seen customs once at manchester they was pullling a lot of families who had over the allowance but said the kids had the right amount for it all to be ok.but they said no kids are not the legal age to bring duty free back.also one xmas saw 2 scousers in shell suits by 10000 fags on way to phuket for 2 weeks told them they loose them.saw them on way back and they had lost them they told me but still got anotehr 10000 on way back to uk from doha luckily customs where not on at all and got through no problem

Slightly different from duty free, I have just flown home from Swampy and on arival at heathrow I noticed a label on my case that said it had been security checked at Swampy airport. I was a bit worried as I was travelling with all my pool cues and accessories. On inspection at home I am pretty sure my case was never opened, even though I use TSA locks. Everything was exactly as I had packed it. Special care was taken packing due to the cue shafts. The combination locks had been played with as the numbers were not where I left them. I don't see why they would attach a label if it had only been Xrayed. Any ideas?

Edited by boydeste

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Slightly different from duty free, I have just flown home from Swampy and on arival at heathrow I noticed a label on my case that said it had been security checked at Swampy airport. I was a bit worried as I was travelling with all my pool cues and accessories. On inspection at home I am pretty sure my case was never opened, even though I use TSA locks. Everything was exactly as I had packed it. Special care was taken packing due to the cue shafts. The combination locks had been played with as the numbers were not where I left them. I don't see why they would attach a label if it had only been Xrayed. Any ideas?

Looking for fish you had caught mate ???? ..... :default_cheers:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes I've had that twice in last few years. Dont think its of any significance just that whilst under Xray something may appear to be a security risk as mistaken for something else. Even Books that may accidentally have something tucked inside raises a red flag on Xray as not showing usual characteristics

Edited by RR007