Guess who is #1 in buying guns from the U.S.

jcolorado

Revolvers and pistols

- U.S. total exports: $172.1 million
- Top countries exported to:
--- #1. Thailand ($61.5 million, 35.7% of U.S. exports)
--- #2. Philippines ($27.3 million, 15.8%)
--- #3. Canada ($26.8 million, 15.6%)
--- #4. United Arab Emirates ($6.7 million, 3.9%)
--- #5. Germany ($6.7 million, 3.9%)

In 2016, the United States exported more than 375,000 firearms. The export totals are on a cycle; we’re currently on an upswing. SIG Sauer is the country’s largest firearms exporter — its latest contract is to manufacture 72,400 rifles for the Indian Army.

source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/where-america-sends-its-planes-and-25-other-manufacturing-exports/ss-BBX8VZX?li=BBnb7Kz

On 12/18/2019 at 12:07 AM, Yessongs said:

Interesting.....just for the Police only right? LOL! 

Wifey last week asked me when I am going to take her to shoot my 9MM Glock. 

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

Give her an old service Colt .45 and see how well she handles that beast, after shooting the Glock.....lol 

Better not it might tear her hand up, but what a difference in handguns.     and throw her A Remington pump loaded with slugs. See how she likes that after shooting that little .22. She may never want to shoot again after.   555555

• Like 1

I have shot clays quite a few times in the UK but never fired a hand gun ever until I came to Thailand.

I enjoyed my visit to the range but having done it once doubt if I ever will make a repeat visit.

My overiding surprise was how loud it is firing a hand gun even with those mufflers on your ears. Certainly not like on the TV at all.

I fired a lot of 7.62mm SLR's in the military but had never fired a pistol until Thailand.

There used to be a hotel on 2nd road in north Pattaya that had a shooting range in the basement & the missus got hold of a free ticket so I went & had a go.

Fired a Colt 45 automatic & kept missing.Then I was told how to do it,you had to fire it like a mortar as they charged the rounds themselves & were a bit stingy on the gunpowder.

I am semi-surprised about this stat ....

I thought it would be Saudi, or Israel or some where in the middle east ....

But, then again I am not -- I have been offered a number of times here to buy .. I have always said NO .. you cannot trust a Thai that is playing on the "fringes" -- they will sell to you and then "snitch" on your ass .... same with pot .... or any other drug ...