Go Go Bars in The Avenue!!!

Evil Penevil

79260969_1408889779280095_7120908042777919488_o.jpg.jpg

This is the text of what is apparently a Facebook post-

"The Avenue Plaza Pattaya. Putting the beat into the heart of Pattaya. Baku Group is proud to announce our biggest and newest project to date, The Avenue Plaza Pattaya. 

We are all aware of Nana Plaza which started as a shopping centre in the 1970's and has now become the most vibrant and visited entertainment complex in Bangkok, visited by thousands of tourists, locals and expats every day. Now imagine bigger, better, newer but in the heart of Pattaya. The Avenue is located on Second Road, ideally located for all transport routes and with parking for over 400 vehicles, 5 minutes' walk from either Lk metro or Waking street, the location couldn't be better. 

Build the bar of your dreams, 39 entertainment venues ranging from 70sqm to 400sqm are available. The shell and core provided includes security, fire alarms and sprinkler systems. Baku Group can also help you with design and fit out of your new bar or we can offer you a turnkey facility. 

Baku Group is committed to helping you, we offer the lowest rental of any similar bar complex in Pattaya with none of the dreaded Key money. We can advise on Licenses, Staff, Design, Construction, signage, promotion and Construction, in fact everything that you need to own a bar or club and be successful. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a revolution in Pattaya Entertainment. 

There is already a great deal of interest and we expect plots will be reserved quickly, therefore if you don't want to miss out and be part of what will be the best entertainment venue in Pattaya then please call Sean 0638450903 to discuss your interest."

And this is a follow-up post on Pattaya Addicts from a board member with the handle Bachelor's Club:

"As Bachelor's is part of the Baku group I will give some insight.

Yes the project is confirmed and cleared by all levels of city Hall and Bang Lamung licensing, we wouldnt be stupid enough to advertise it if permission wasn't granted, seriously. This project has been in the planning stages for months.  Many will be aware that there are no more gogo bar licenses being handed out, however the Avenue is a Red zone which means licenses etc can be given. Also because its a Red zone its 24 hr opening.

Rental agreements have been agreed and the prices are far cheaper than Walking Street and LK Metro, in many instances half the price of Walking Street. We hope the barowners have sense and pass these savings to the consumer.

Phase 1 is 39 gogo bars and 2 clubs. Phase 2 is approximately 40 beer bars. More will be added as space is freed up. Certain businesses will be staying, such as the cinema, bowling, fitness 7, Villa market, Starbucks, Robin Hood and Mcdonalds.

Many plots have already been reserved by some of the main players in Pattaya.

Construction starts soon.

Thank you."

Edited by Evil Penevil

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Saw this on Addicts , but couldn't see where it had come from , who is behind it ... is it bollocks ?

I'm sure the idea was muted a few years ago and that obviously never materialised ...

I believe the original posts come from one of the Pattaya-related Facebook groups, which were then posted to Addicts.  But that's only a guess as I don't do the Pattaya Facebook groups.

I have no idea about the Baku Group.

My only comment is, "I'll believe it when I see it."

Evil

• Like 1

It's @Painter's new business venture.

After his resounding success with the Avenue foodcourt, Elon Musk is now backing him, as Elon loves everything to do with Thailand.

Heard shares are available via Secret's broker!

* Disclaimer, I know nothing about the previous Secrets shares 'issue' except reading about it 100000046 times on here :default_biggrin:

• Haha 7

If this does come off, I'm not sure it is such a good thing. 

There aren't enough customers for 39 more gogos, so success will mean 39 gogos closing in WS and/or LKM. That could have a big, negative effect on those areas. 

I believe the Baku group have GC's and guest houses, plus The Roof at The Avenue. 

I notice there's no mention of the passport office remaining. That will be a shame for many of the girls. 

I doubt there are the customers for 39 new GoGos or the girls to staff them 

so if this works they will be moving from elsewhere WS and LK for the promise of lower rents , I think there are around 70 GoGos already in Patts , so they need around 50% to move ....  I can't see it happening unless they were to finally demolish the illegal buildings on the  Beach side of WS but they have been talking about for the last 25 odd years and it hasn't happened so far ... 

Somewhere in the depths of my memory, from one of the other occasions when this idea was mooted, I recall someone with inside info saying that it couldn't happen, as there is some sort of covenant on the land that forbids bars/gogos from opening there.

It could be my memory playing up (probable) or some envelopes have changed hands removing said covenant (equally probable)....

I'll be interested to read/see more, especially with regards to who moves there, from where. No way can town sustain another 39 gogos...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Painter said:

Somewhere in the depths of my memory, from one of the other occasions when this idea was mooted, I recall someone with inside info saying that it couldn't happen, as there is some sort of covenant on the land that forbids bars/gogos from opening there.

It could be my memory playing up (probable) or some envelopes have changed hands removing said covenant (equally probable)....

I'll be interested to read/see more, especially with regards to who moves there, from where. No way can town sustain another 39 gogos...

Now  you mention that, it does ring a bell. But all this appears to be being done in conjunction with the owners, so I would hope it is a non-issue.

only need neigbouring hotels to object and its nixed.  its not built with a  night time entertainement licence.  a few years back a guy came up with the idea of a shophouse, with a cheap stereo, bar and pool table, called it a bar and did it in a little soi among other normal thai shops.  closed in a day, not in the right zone.  the city is zoned for a reason.  and lat night entertainemtn licences can be opposed by neighbours.  avenue is next to the posh D2 hotel, and behind is the mercure..  but wno knows.  these seem to be russian/azarbaajanis with ideas

30 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

not in the right zone.  the city is zoned for a reason.  and lat night entertainemtn licences can be opposed by neighbours.  avenue is next to the posh D2 hotel, and behind is the mercure..  but wno knows.  these seem to be russian/azarbaajanis with ideas

9 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

"Yes the project is confirmed and cleared by all levels of city Hall and Bang Lamung licensing, we wouldnt be stupid enough to advertise it if permission wasn't granted, seriously. This project has been in the planning stages for months.  Many will be aware that there are no more gogo bar licenses being handed out, however the Avenue is a Red zone which means licenses etc can be given. Also because its a Red zone its 24 hr opening."

@tommy dee What you are saying seems to contradict what EP has posted as a comment from Baku.

Also, are you mentioning "russian/azarbaajanis" simply because of the name Baku (capital of Azerbaijan)?

12 minutes ago, Bazle said:

@tommy dee What you are saying seems to contradict what EP has posted as a comment from Baku.

Also, are you mentioning "russian/azarbaajanis" simply because of the name Baku (capital of Azerbaijan)?

there is a legit and large international group called the baku group.  but i am not convinced ( could be wrong) that this chap has anythoing to do with them.  thats ajabarjani ( I know spelling).  no booze outlet can be open 247 legally.  thats a fact  .  as to the rest of the sale pitch.. well caveat emptor.    EP quoted him corretly.. but isnt repsonsible for its content, he was fairly sharing the latest speil

40 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I think it is someone of Indian origin rather than an Indian per se.

But does one think they would be targeting Indian clientele?

When I was in Pattaya in January, i was amazed at the amount of such premises. Whether it be nightclubs on Walking Street, or restaurants on 2nd road. 

55 minutes ago, Painter said:

I'm sure I've just read a article (from a fakebook link) that said it was opening at end of March. Mind you, the brain isn't what it was... and I cant find that link again!

Maybe here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1139086-thaivisa-exclusive-indian-entertainment moguls-plan-to-open-nana-plaza-style-go-go-venue-in-pattaya/?utm_source=newsletter-20191217-1230&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news