Go Go Bars in The Avenue!!!

Evil Penevil

5 hours ago, Chang_Paarp said:

More details on TV; 

Not just for Indians

The TV post includes a phone number for those interested in taking a space. The organisers claim to have Pattaya and Bang Lamung authorities on side with appropriate approvals and a Bangkok based company ready to start the fit-out in the new year.

Thank you for the link.  That article did contain several important points.  A farang spokesman for Baku Group said contacts had been signed with the relevant authorities granting permission and licenses for the project.  It also mentioned that  verbal agreements had already been reached for 19 of the 39 units.  He stated two men in India were the investors behind Baku Group and the branch office of the Thai passport agency would move to the top floor.

I'm sure we all remember the quote about, "Verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on,"  usually attributed to Samuel Goldwyn but actual first uttered by an Australian politician.  When Baku Group has legally binding contracts, that's when it will count.  

Even if the project is unrealistic, it does appear to be getting off the ground.  It will become more definite when construction begins to outfit the bars and and the group has signed contracts.  It would be a miracle if it starts on March 31, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1

I was in there yesterday eating and there was some serious conflab going on between 4 falangs. 1 of which was the young manager.

Sketches were being looked at, rough distances estimated and arms were being waved about in the vicinity of the balcony area.

It looked like some preliminary informal planning meeting about the fabric of the building rather than how many sprouts were going on the Christmas dinner.

7 hours ago, KWA said:

Verbal agreements only was stated by Sean yesterday(?).  Not on paper yet.

That's still a significant number though, even though no-one is legally bound to follow through at this time. Getting so many to express an interest moves the needle up the dial.

Sensations Scott saying he speaks to Nightwish fatcat Bryan Flowers every day but that so far there's no NWG involvement in this project. That is absolutely bound to change as time rolls on. 

There's also to be a giant sail roof over the plaza, same same Nana in Bangkok.

I know, I know, but i still have to ask....

Aren't the bars on walking street "illegal"?  At least the water-side ones?

Might this not represent planning for the future in some way?  Zone all this stuff together like Bangkok has (mostly) done?

Nah..... never mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alias said:

I know, I know, but i still have to ask....

Aren't the bars on walking street "illegal"?  At least the water-side ones?

Might this not represent planning for the future in some way?  Zone all this stuff together like Bangkok has (mostly) done?

Nah..... never mind.

Honestly, it would make sense.

And available parking space for the busses of Chinese hordes on sightseeing tours.

Later the city could transform the seaside of W.S. into a marvellous pedestrian walkway with a beautifull beach like they done on the existing part...  😄😄😄😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Honestly, it would make sense.

And available parking space for the busses of Chinese hordes on sightseeing tours.

Later the city could transform the seaside of W.S. into a marvellous pedestrian walkway with a beautifull beach like they done on the existing part...  😄😄😄😄

Seriously, can Pattaya ever be what the Thais would like it to be with brothels on the waterfront?

• Haha 1

Dont shoot the Messenger but this is Stickmans take on it from todays Column.

"New Pattaya bar area not realistic.

With regards to the proposed new Indian-run bar area on Pattaya’s Second Road in what is now The Avenue, as has been mentioned before, expansion of the industry is only going to dilute the product. It would need a wholesale shift from one area to the other. Even if this project proceeds as planned, it’ll take at least a couple of years to eventuate. I was there last month and The Avenue was still operating as a shopping mall. They’d have to wait for all the existing leases to expire (some big businesses there that won’t be stuffed around e.g. McDonald’s, Starbucks, Villa), then knock it down, and build the new venue. It’d be a person of rare foresight and trust who’d be willing to commit now to having a bar there."

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

With regards to the proposed new Indian-run bar area on Pattaya’s Second Road in what is now The Avenue, as has been mentioned before, expansion of the industry is only going to dilute the product. It would need a wholesale shift from one area to the other. Even if this project proceeds as planned, it’ll take at least a couple of years to eventuate. I was there last month and The Avenue was still operating as a shopping mall. They’d have to wait for all the existing leases to expire (some big businesses there that won’t be stuffed around e.g. McDonald’s, Starbucks, Villa), then knock it down, and build the new venue. It’d be a person of rare foresight and trust who’d be willing to commit now to having a bar there."

Agreed.

but, as I understand it, the reader, has misunderstood plans.... that is, if I have understood plans correctly.  The big names he mentions are staying. The buildings wont be knocked down.... knocked about a bit maybe, but the structure will be staying. 

Whilst I'm sceptical about the plans, due to lack of girls and lack of punters, as a venue I can see it working. I wandered around the 2nd and 3rd floors today, and boy, is there some space up there. Think of the area McDs, Starbucks, the banks, boots, Alan Bolton, the wine shop, take up. All that is empty upstairs. Then there is some of the area above villa.... yes, some is car park, but some is already divided into small units.  Above Mr DIY is a ?Korean nightclub?, not sure of it's used, then a huge empty space, then a Japanese (closed) restaurant, then several empty units, before you reach Robin hood. A few new walls, doors, and furniture and they'll be ready to go.

One problem might be toilets....have the inside spaces got their own, or do they make do with the public ones on each floor? Not sure the latter would work with pissed tourists and gogo bars....

Then the same on the 3rd floor, except for the thai passport office up there. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

Doesn't stickman do his homework before writing he's articles? He's article is incorrect and therefore not credible 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

like how he copy posts here without credit.example john luke post abot so much polution can not see pattaya sign.

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Agreed.but, as I understand it, the reader, has misunderstood plans.... that is, if I have understood plans correctly.  The big names he mentions are staying. The buildings wont be knocked down.... knocked about a bit maybe, but the structure will be staying. 

That is the main point.....the infrastructure is already built....it's refitting and then rebranding that will be needed. The buildings are already there.

It will absolutely open, but whether it will succeed is another matter entirely!

The money man behind this ("Smitty" or "Sean Archer" on Pattaya forums) hasn't got any big Thai projects under his belt and the emerging Baku group only have a recent and mainly untested history. The little group of bars and lounges with few staff haven't been around for long or stood the test of time. He only took over the one go-go they have, Batchelor, a few months ago.

Apparently Smitty is doing all the heavy lifting on this, but there's another backer in India. Smitty has lived or worked in Dubai for a couple of decades so should be financially aware. Scott seems to be the PR guy and will have management responsibilities rather than be a financial backer.

His name and image (assume it is him?) was attached to a poster on the gogo advertising his birthday back in September.

Photo from the net :

328455521_21sept013(Custom).JPG.3cd394d07361748a383016766582d079.JPG

1 hour ago, DeadAndAlive said:

Doesn't stickman do his homework before writing he's articles? He's article is incorrect and therefore not credible 

That quote was from Stickmans inbox......reader submitted comments and identified as such. Not the thoughts of the man himself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So the new "family values" vacation mecca is going to throw in another 40 bar stripper complex right in the heart of town. Great idea !

Jesus H.

A complex of that size would really change the dynamics of that area. Just wonder what the hotel owners are wondering how that may affect their cliental. I don't see much of anything good coming from it. Bars have already been (for years) struggling for girls. It just doesn't make sense. Even if it does get off ground I don't think the underlying investment group would be religious about profits and perhaps more about laundering money. I mean come on...... who would be that stupid.

13 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Apparently Smitty is doing all the heavy lifting on this, but there's another backer in India. Smitty has lived or worked in Dubai for a couple of decades so should be financially aware. Scott seems to be the PR guy and will have management responsibilities rather than be a financial backer.

His name and image (assume it is him?) was attached to a poster on the gogo advertising his birthday back in September.

Photo from the net :

328455521_21sept013(Custom).JPG.3cd394d07361748a383016766582d079.JPG

its neither of them the same as the girls none of them work there

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BarryL said:

like how he copy posts here without credit.example john luke post abot so much polution can not see pattaya sign.

I clearly identified fella that it was lifted from Stickmans column of Sunday 22nd

1 minute ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Ok

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

ok but going back to the crux of your post reference where are the Girls coming from.  What do you need on average for Go Go bars probably at least 25 and likely much higher.

As you say where will 1000 girls plus come from and not the heiffers that occupy 80% of Go Gos compared to decades past

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

I clearly identified fella that it was lifted from Stickmans column of Sunday 22nd

@BarryL wasn't referring to you quoting from Stickman's site, but that it looked like Stickman used info that may have come from @john luke's post about how bad the Pattaya pollution was without giving credit to the source for the info. Not the first time he's done that either.

BTW, to be accurate, the quote in your post wasn't from his column, but as another BM pointed out it was from a reader submitted comment on the plans for the Avenue.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

@BarryL wasn't referring to you quoting from Stickman's site, but that it looked like Stickman used info that may have come from @john luke's post about how bad the Pattaya pollution was without giving credit to the source for the info. Not the first time he's done that either.

BTW, to be accurate, the quote in your post wasn't from his column, but as another BM pointed out it was from a reader submitted comment on the plans for the Avenue.

Rest assured I wont lift anything from Stickmans column ever again and post here for general viewing. Jesus wept

• Haha 2