Go Go Bars in The Avenue!!!

Evil Penevil

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I think this could work but 30 to 40 bars where do the girls come from ?

Maybe the usual source- poached from other bars?  Same with the customers.  They, too, have to come from other bars.

If the Avenue Plaza opens on April 1-  I mean March 31, 2020, with between 30 and 40 go go bars in operation, it would be a miraculous accomplishment that would attract international attention.  Reporters from The Wall Street Journal; The Financial Times; The Economist; Forbes and every other business publication would rush to Pattaya to write about it. It's the quirky kind of story all investors love.

A failed shopping mall with 90% of its retail space empty will have been turned into a large adult entertainment center in just three months.  Talk about a turnaround that investors dream about!  The potential income and profit from 30-40 go go bars is enormous. It's putting a useless non-performing asset  to a very creative purpose.

But it's optimistic to the max to think anywhere near 30 bars will open in three months.  They'll be lucky if three or four open.  Should those pioneer bars prove immediately  successful, then more will follow in their wake.  But if they struggle for customers,  it will take a long time and very deep pockets to establish the Avenue Plaza as an adult entertainment complex.

It's not an impossible project but very difficult.  More modern and comfortable facilities through conversion of empty retail space is an advantage in attracting customers and lower rents will help the bottom line.  But everything hangs on attracting pretty girls to work there. That's the one piece that has to fall into place.

May the Seven Gods of Good Fortune smile on the Baku Group!

original-perspective.jpg

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Maybe the usual source- poached from other bars?  Same with the customers.  They, too, have to come from other bars.

If the Avenue Plaza opens on April 1-  I mean March 31, 2020, with between 30 and 40 go go bars in operation, it would be a miraculous accomplishment that would attract international attention.  Reporters from The Wall Street Journal; The Financial Times; The Economist; Forbes and every other business publication would rush to Pattaya to write about it. It's the quirky kind of story all investors love.

A failed shopping mall with 90% of its retail space empty will have been turned into a large adult entertainment center in just three months.  Talk about a turnaround that investors dream about!  The potential income and profit from 30-40 go go bars is enormous. It's putting a useless non-performing asset  to a very creative purpose.

But it's optimistic to the max to think anywhere near 30 bars will open in three months.  They'll be lucky if three or four open.  Should those pioneer bars prove immediately  successful, then more will follow in their wake.  But if they struggle for customers,  it will take a long time and very deep pockets to establish the Avenue Plaza as an adult entertainment complex.

It's not an impossible project but very difficult.  More modern and comfortable facilities through conversion of empty retail space is an advantage in attracting customers and lower rents will help the bottom line.  But everything hangs on attracting pretty girls to work there. That's the one piece that has to fall into place.

May the Seven Gods of Good Fortune smile on the Baku Group!

original-perspective.jpg

Evil

may they have an interesting year

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

I have been in Pattaya a long time. I know a lot of gogo bar owners and bar owners.
Not one has been contacted about this or has any interest in it.
Baku group, whilst I wish them well, haven’t been in operation that long and they’re talking about opening a huge project like this.
I talked to the guy who I get the licence off at Banglamung. Not some bloke down the pub, the actual bloke who issues the licences to Pattaya bars and gogos.
He’d never heard of it.
Come back to this thread in a year and see how it’s going.

once again u hit the nail on the head egg :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, misteregg said:

I have been in Pattaya a long time. I know a lot of gogo bar owners and bar owners.
Baku group, whilst I wish them well, haven’t been in operation that long and they’re talking about opening a huge project like this.
I talked to the guy who I get the licence off at Banglamung. Not some bloke down the pub, the actual bloke who issues the licences to Pattaya bars and gogos.
He’d never heard of it.

So what. If your guy at Banglamoung haven't heard of it, probably the order hasn't been propagated down yet, too soon in the process. Doesn't change my perspective

7 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

What would you do if the Baku group wanted to advertise their grand scheme on your radio station?

we have never taken ads from gogos and girl bars.  hope that answers your question,  there is a good reason for that too . i am sure I couf be well off if we did, but would lose every other advertiser.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, misteregg said:

He’d never heard of it.

I don't know things work around here but I would have expected that one would apply for a license to operate after construction  was nearly done so that the premises could be inspected by the authorities before granting a license.   Maybe here you get a licence before starting construction.   Surprising ....  but this is Thailand.

Just now, johnpat said:

I don't know things work around here but I would have expected that one would apply for a license to operate after construction  was nearly done so that the premises could be inspected by the authorities before granting a license.   Maybe here you get a licence before starting construction.   Surprising ....  but this is Thailand.

What's the point in building something which might not get a licence, surely all the paperwork should be approved before you start spending serious money ... ? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

What's the point in building something which might not get a licence, surely all the paperwork should be approved before you start spending serious money ... ? 

If it's like where I grew up you need to get  a construction permit to begin construction.... but then when it's done you get a license to have it operate as a business.  Two different things.

Of course you want assurances that you'll be able to obtain a license when you're done and I'm not sure how that's done here or if the licensing folks can or will make that promise sight unseen.

18 hours ago, misteregg said:

He’d never heard of it.

I am surprised that the bloke who issues the licences for Pattaya Bars and gogos has not heard of the Avenue and the Baku Group before as he would have had to issue a licence for The  Roof and also for the people who run Robin Hood.

As for construction.... the building is there.... it is just outfitting the areas for the bars and gogos….. and how I read it that is not an expense outlay for Baku.... that will be an expense for the bar or gogo owner to outfit their joint. The main selling point I can see from Baku is the cheaper rents that they are offering first up.... may change in the future.... but that is what they are pushing now.

Will it work... who knows...… but it seems that Baku thinks it will and are willing to outlay some hard earned to get it off the ground...… their money...their choice.

cheers 

2 hours ago, roobob said:

I am surprised that the bloke who issues the licences for Pattaya Bars and gogos has not heard of the Avenue and the Baku Group before as he would have had to issue a licence for The  Roof and also for the people who run Robin Hood.

As for construction.... the building is there.... it is just outfitting the areas for the bars and gogos….. and how I read it that is not an expense outlay for Baku.... that will be an expense for the bar or gogo owner to outfit their joint. The main selling point I can see from Baku is the cheaper rents that they are offering first up.... may change in the future.... but that is what they are pushing now.

Will it work... who knows...… but it seems that Baku thinks it will and are willing to outlay some hard earned to get it off the ground...… their money...their choice.

cheers 

but they are not laying any money out.  they are acting as go betweens.  essentially they hawk the idea, find a punter, take his money and use it to "design" his den of eniquity.  taking their cut of course.  no outlay by them at all.  as to licences, they are easily applied for as the building is complete and dont rely on new construction.  alcohol licence is and will be easy, entertainment is to say the least.. doubtful.  and closing times will be in line with others AWAY from walking st.  so the 24 hr open thing is a fantasy

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

but they are not laying any money out.  they are acting as go betweens.  essentially they hawk the idea, find a punter, take his money and use it to "design" his den of eniquity.  taking their cut of course.  no outlay by them at all.  as to licences, they are easily applied for as the building is complete and dont rely on new construction.  alcohol licence is and will be easy, entertainment is to say the least.. doubtful.  and closing times will be in line with others AWAY from walking st.  so the 24 hr open thing is a fantasy

They would have to be laying out some money surely Tommy....  as it was reported that they took out a lease on the place Avenue for a number of years.... they would not get that for free.

cheers

most peopel just take an option not a written lease.  you know most condos are built on land not ow

ned by the developer?  simply they have an option to buy at a certain rpice.. which they may pay at some time before, you hope, they have people moving in.  its then paid from deposits

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

but they are not laying any money out.  they are acting as go betweens.  essentially they hawk the idea, find a punter, take his money and use it to "design" his den of eniquity.  taking their cut of course.  no outlay by them at all. 

Finally the voice of reason. Jesus wept I've seen some scams touted over time but this is up with the very best.

24 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Ok well lets wait and see. I'm not going to paint pictures but a 4 year old could see whats coming

555...so you called it is a scam up with the best ever... and when ask why….. have no answer except a fence sitting one....555

cheers 

• Like 1