Go Go Bars in The Avenue!!!

Evil Penevil

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

Finally the voice of reason. Jesus wept I've seen some scams touted over time but this is up with the very best.

1 hour ago, roobob said:

555...so you called it is a scam up with the best ever... and when ask why….. have no answer except a fence sitting one....555

cheers 

Not sure its a scam ?

If I understand it right between these 2 options :

A) Baku Group leases the complete premises from the owner for a "global" price and then find tenants for it. The idea being it should be a recreational block . They handle the items any real estate agent would handle, and care about the common areas. Each lessee (tenant) pays the rent to Baku, and arranges, decorates his unit, runs his business, individual licenses etc being his problem.

This is the Nana Plaza scheme. Except I am not sure in NEP the lessees pay directly to the owner, or through an intermediary like Baku ?

B) not sure I understand Tommy's scheme in post #94 ? 

Roobob is of course Ausmagoo on other forums....great personal friend of Scott Griffiths who is the Baku spokesperson on this and RB/AM is a moderator on the Pattaya Ladyboy forum where Scott (posting on there as Solice) discusses this project in some detail. Scott also posts as Bachelor AGoGo on PA.

Roobob is a shill for his friends in Baku and is pumping his mates scheme.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Knuckles said:

Roobob is of course Ausmagoo on other forums....great personal friend of Scott Griffiths who is the Baku spokesperson on this and RB/AM is a moderator on the Pattaya Ladyboy forum where Scott (posting on there as Solice) discusses this project in some detail. Scott also posts as Bachelor AGoGo on PA.

Roobob is a shill for his friends in Baku and is pumping his mates scheme.

To clear up your misconception, actually you are wrong.... I was bobbob on Secrets which is now defunct..... I am a member of live and here with the name roobob.... they are the only forums I am on.... and have said the same many times and the only reason I used bobbob on Secrets was because roobob was not available.

A few times I have been accused of being other BMs, especially the name you brought up and in fact this was mentioned on Secrets and Live and also when I met up with Evil at 5 Star Bar on one occasion when he asked was I on Addicts which I have never been a member. It seems it all comes about because I am an Aussie and sign off my posts with the word....cheers.

Now I am sure that will give a few a laugh on here..... me being a moderator...555..... sorry my friend that is as silly as it sounds.

Please keep going.... I am interested to know more of all these boards I am apparently on..... and as you are so certain I take it that you are a member of all these boards...555.

cheers 

Edited by roobob
  • Like 2

Tommy is correct. The alcohol licence will be no problems, but entertainment licences a little harder without some serious hands being greased.
Before those who have no experience of licensing in this town comment, bars are built without the licences in place. They are bought and sold as such as well.

I know one venue on Walking St that has been sold three times with no entertainment licence in place only to be closed as soon as the penny drops.

So it can happen.

On the subject of Scott, he’s a friend and a good guy but I haven’t spoke to him about this project. Like I said before, I wish them well but I’m still yet to know of a single operator who has committed to this. Most are struggling to keep their venues open as it is.

• Great Info 1

weird but if this baku guy is the same person who runs 2/3 bars on the six then he needs to look at his won business first.  last night the other bars were all rammed.  the abku bars were empty except for 3-4 guys.  no girls to be seen.  and on the busiest night of the year

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 7:30 AM, roobob said:

555...so you called it is a scam up with the best ever... and when ask why….. have no answer except a fence sitting one....555

cheers 

I've only just noticed your post in real time. Fella if you think its legit carry on. Its a "fronting" scam and only the most deluded would be unable to see it. Christ even Mr Egg has pointed out that the issue of licence office have never heard of them (and they wont)

27 minutes ago, RR007 said:

I've only just noticed your post in real time. Fella if you think its legit carry on. Its a "fronting" scam and only the most deluded would be unable to see it. Christ even Mr Egg has pointed out that the issue of licence office have never heard of them (and they wont)

I am not the one calling it a "fronting" scam.... you are.... so do you have inside knowledge of the fact??

For me..... if it gets up and running... good on them... it is another venue in town for us punters to go to if we so desire... gives us more choice. If it does not get up and running..... no skin off my nose.... as I will not miss anything that is not already there.

cheers

I said when the Avenue first opened that it was badly designed as a shopping venue, the curved surfaces being incompatible with efficient use of floor space, so I wasn't surprised when it failed.  They bulldozed the original Vientiane Restaurant (a shame) and some single-family homes to make that place IIRC.

Although I agree that the lack of girls and the further dilution of the customer base will be problems for the bars in there, the location is very good, and they have off-street parking.  The curved walls won't be a problem for bars IMO, since the majority of the space will be used for tables and seating.  McDonald's remaining is a big plus for the tenants.

Anyone know the status of Robin Hood and Beerfest?