Introduce yourself to the Forum

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hello all.   I saw this forum advertised in the Stickman weekly column.   Very much hope this forum can live up to its promise.    I am a regular visitor to Thailand with plans to become an expat.

Welcome Ashley. 

What area do you usually stay in Thailand?

Hello guys

Planning to moved to Thailand in the near future but have not set a time frame yet.  Places I am considering are (not in any order of preference) Hua Hin, Cha Am, Chiangmai, Chiangrai, Ayutthaya, Rayong or big four towns in Isan (Khon Kaen, Korat, Udon, Ubon) or some places further south from Hua Hin.  Places I am leaving out are Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya because of their higher costs of living.

Currently also learning Thai and reading more about the Kingdom and culture.

Chok dee krap and sawadee  krap to everyone 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, AramisTuscany said:

Hello guys

Planning to moved to Thailand in the near future but have not set a time frame yet.  Places I am considering are (not in any order of preference) Hua Hin, Cha Am, Chiangmai, Chiangrai, Ayutthaya, Rayong or big four towns in Isan (Khon Kaen, Korat, Udon, Ubon) or some places further south from Hua Hin.  Places I am leaving out are Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya because of their higher costs of living.

Currently also learning Thai and reading more about the Kingdom and culture.

Chok dee krap and sawadee  krap to everyone 

Welcome to the board @AramisTuscany i'm sure you will pick up a few tips here.. 

There's a few on here including my self that has spent a lot of time in up in the sticks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sirius23 said:

Hi, been travelling to Thailand since 2006 

love the place, love the food, the people, temples and the weather. Joined here to see if anyone knows where to find decent IPA in Chiang Mai or Pattaya when I’m over (amongst other things😊)

chok dee krab!

Welcome to the board @Sirius23 im sure someone will be able to help you here .. 

Just ask the question to the forum.

25 minutes ago, Kainoa said:

Aloha All, 

Been to Thailand once earlier this year and I'm hooked.  Only was able to visit Bangkok due to lack of enough vacation.  Looking forward to seeing more of the country.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the board @Kainoa im sure someone will be able to help you here .. 

Just ask the question to the forum.

28 minutes ago, Kainoa said:

Aloha All, 

Been to Thailand once earlier this year and I'm hooked.  Only was able to visit Bangkok due to lack of enough vacation.  Looking forward to seeing more of the country.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome mate.

As Lanza says make a thread on the board and I'm sure lads will help. Maybe add a little more detail as to what you are looking for. Culture and temples or cheap beer and women.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi All, I have been coming to Thailand for 12 yrs and generally have 3 - 4 monthly trips a year. I do travel to other countries but Thailand has been my main destination n recent years, mainly because it is so easy.  I now try to hire a car for a week, and travel to other destinations within Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Just now, eyes4thais said:

Hi All, I have been coming to Thailand for 12 yrs and generally have 3 - 4 monthly trips a year. I do travel to other countries but Thailand has been my main destination n recent years, mainly because it is so easy.  I now try to hire a car for a week, and travel to other destinations within Thailand. 

Welcome, lots of people you'd know on here, well, from online anyway ...

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Glad to see a forum that appears welcoming to all, wonder why other forums fail that ideal.............

And it's not that difficult either. You lay down the law from the get go. Tell 'em where the bear shits in the woods. 

They've done just that here..You see the results as new posters continue to pour in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1