Introduce yourself to the Forum

1 hour ago, Saucy Jack said:

Hi from Uk. Been visiting Thailand for last few years and now in my mid 50's toying with idea of retiring so joining 247 forum with a view to learning more from people who have done same or are thinking same. Same Same : )

Cracking name!

9 hours ago, Saucy Jack said:

Hi from Uk. Been visiting Thailand for last few years and now in my mid 50's toying with idea of retiring so joining 247 forum with a view to learning more from people who have done same or are thinking same. Same Same : )

Welcome to the forum Saucy Jack

🤗

I retired to Thailand when I was 47, back in 99, when prices of property, exchange rates (76) and cost of living was so much cheaper for Brits. Now mostly back in UK, so can’t really comment on how things are for retirees now, other than to say it’s a lot more expensive when taking exchange rate into consideration. 

If I was thinking of doing it now I would spend a year looking around to find an area I liked, with good transport, shops, hospitals and bars (if that’s what you want) within easy reach. Plenty of rentals about at competitive prices, so take your time before committing yourself to a long rental. 

You will soon make friends in Pattaya, just choose wisely, take your time and I’m sure you will enjoy yourself. 👌👍

• Great Info 3

Hi all,I have been here a while lurking as is said and now is time to  introduce my self , I have been visiting Thailand for 20 years and 17 of those have been pattaya ,same hotel for 14 years ,gained many friends in staff and vendors around the city also ,also managed to get barred from a bar ,not proud of that I used the bar allot ,allways manage to get some ailement whilst there and get in trouble too,now 64 but still think I am 24 ,I / we go at least twice a year some times 4 times ,yes wife goes too and that's where I get in trouble,big time,next visit in 4 weeks for all of October so if you see someone in the evening doing things stupid and he should know better it could be me,thanks ,these forums keep people sane in the uk at work ,see you soon ,',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see that's how I get in trouble ,I posted 11 hours ago when I had been drinking and I forgot ,that's the reason ,,,,,, alcahol 

Edited by intergraph
Forgot something
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, intergraph said:

Hi all,I have been here a while lurking as is said and now is time to  introduce my self , I have been visiting Thailand for 20 years and 17 of those have been pattaya ,same hotel for 14 years ,gained many friends in staff and vendors around the city also ,also managed to get barred from a bar ,not proud of that I used the bar allot ,allways manage to get some ailement whilst there and get in trouble too,now 64 but still think I am 24 ,I / we go at least twice a year some times 4 times ,yes wife goes too and that's where I get in trouble,big time,next visit in 4 weeks for all of October so if you see someone in the evening doing things stupid and he should know better it could be me,thanks ,these forums keep people sane in the uk at work ,see you soon ,',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see that's how I get in trouble ,I posted 11 hours ago when I had been drinking and I forgot ,that's the reason ,,,,,, alcahol 

Sounds like you'll fit in well here 🤣

Hi guys,

Visited Thailand first in 1990. Been a regular visitor ever since.

I live in the UK, long term plan is to be in Thailand during our winter months, then go home to regain my sanity during our summers...

Thailand is certainly a very different place to what it was in 1990 but I still enjoy my visits and try not to compare to the good old days....

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/27/2019 at 10:30 AM, DeadAndAlive said:

Thanks and the same to you

On 8/30/2019 at 11:47 PM, Saucy Jack said:

On 8/31/2019 at 8:24 PM, intergraph said:

hi been here a while ,first post sorry, alancee

On 8/31/2019 at 11:32 PM, Jock D said:

Hi everyone my name is Phill and i come from the land downunder . I try and get to Thailand every year and sometimes twice . I love Pattaya and all it has to offer .I saw the forum online and thought i would join to keep up with whats happening . I hope i can add some useful posts and any information that may help        Cheers 

On 9/1/2019 at 7:50 AM, intergraph said:

2 hours ago, Chester Draws said:

Hi guys,

I live in the UK, long term plan is to be in Thailand during our winter months, then go home to regain my sanity during our summers...

Thailand is certainly a very different place to what it was in 1990 but I still enjoy my visits and try not to compare to the good old days....

Welcome to the forum guys... 👍🏼

@DeadAndAlive

@Saucy Jack

@intergraph

@Jock D

@Chester Draws

I am new to the site and am excited to have a better insight through this forum to all things in Thailand. I am a retired male 64 years young and have been planning to spend some time exploring Thailand with the possibility of staying in the country. I am a hobbyist photographer and live in Hawaii at the present time.  Having traveled throughout Japan, I am excited to travel to other South Asian countries. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hi all,

My name is Tony and my girlfriends name is Chanpen (Janphen) and I hope to join her within the next few month, just tying up loose ends here in the UK.

I want to ask some questions about shipping my things to Thailand so will have a look around later and see where is best to post.

I hope in time to make many new friends for my new life in Thailand.

All the best,

Tony and Chanpen

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

45 minutes ago, Tony and Chanpen Bua Yai said:

Hi all,

My name is Tony and my girlfriends name is Chanpen (Janphen) and I hope to join her within the next few month, just tying up loose ends here in the UK.

I want to ask some questions about shipping my things to Thailand so will have a look around later and see where is best to post.

I hope in time to make many new friends for my new life in Thailand.

All the best,

Tony and Chanpen

Welcome to the forum @Tony and Chanpen Bua Yai 👍🏼

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings. I reside on the California Central Coast of the United States. I've never been to Thailand, but I hope to go someday to participate in one of the Bun Bang Fai (rocket festival.) I build my own rockets but they are quite different from their Thai cousins. I joined in hopes of learning more about the festivals and hopefully getting connected with other rocket builders.

imag1082-jpg.293313

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome Jack. You will find plenty of useful information here. As a retiree, watch out for and budget for health insurance and visas. Don’t burn your bridges back home.
You’ll have the time of your life.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone my name is Phill and i come from the land downunder . I try and get to Thailand every year and sometimes twice . I love Pattaya and all it has to offer .I saw the forum online and thought i would join to keep up with whats happening . I hope i can add some useful posts and any information that may help        Cheers 

Hi Jock. Do I know you by any chance?

Hi guys,

That sounds like a good retirement plan. Don’t burn your bridges back home.

I am new to the site and am excited to have a better insight through this forum to all things in Thailand. I am a retired male 64 years young and have been planning to spend some time exploring Thailand with the possibility of staying in the country. I am a hobbyist photographer and live in Hawaii at the present time.  Having traveled throughout Japan, I am excited to travel to other South Asian countries. 

Thomas, welcome to the forum.
In my experience there are many visitors here from Hawaii.
Have fun and bring your camera.