best sporting moment in Australia last decade

grayray

for me it was the fight between Jeff Horn[The Hornett] and Manny Pacquiao on 2-7-2017

the worse moment in OZ was when Horns trainer refused to throw the towel into the ring in the first fight btw Horn and Michael Zerafa on 31-8-2019.

cause I love the fight game,other good moments was both the Sydney Roosters grand Finals wins.

regards

grayray

Not sure if it was the best but it sure was memorable,.

I was at the track in 2012 at Royal Ascot when the great Black Caviar came over. 1000's of Aussies had made the trip over just to see her race and it was a very packed Ascot, would have been over 70,000 people there, comfortably, more than likely closer to 80.

The atmosphere was incredible (you can hear it on the video below). Had a good view in the Grandstand but was about 100 metres from the finish so could not see the line itself. My jaw was on the floor when Nolen stopped riding before the finishing post, I'd done Moonlight Cloud ew and thought she may have got up.

34 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Not sure if it was the best but it sure was memorable,.

I was at the track in 2012 at Royal Ascot when the great Black Caviar came over. 1000's of Aussies had made the trip over just to see her race and it was a very packed Ascot, would have been over 70,000 people there, comfortably, more than likely closer to 80.

The atmosphere was incredible (you can hear it on the video below). Had a good view in the Grandstand but was about 100 metres from the finish so could not see the line itself. My jaw was on the floor when Nolen stopped riding before the finishing post, I'd done Moonlight Cloud ew and thought she may have got up.

Black Caviar was a great mare,but I believe Winx was better look up her record.Nolen nearly had to stay in England cause if the the Black got beat he would not be able to come back

regards

grayray

4 hours ago, grayray said:

Black Caviar was a great mare,but I believe Winx was better look up her record.Nolen nearly had to stay in England cause if the the Black got beat he would not be able to come back

regards

grayray

I'd find it hard to argue against Winx being better, given the quality of performance she was able to sustain for so long. The 4 Cox plates is incredible and but she was hardly lightly raced (43  career runs)

Can understand Waller not shipping her to Ascot though- poor prize money relative to Oz.