Pattaya and other parts of Thailand - Past and Present Visits. (Updated 20th July 2023)

No need.  Baht bus on Second Road on reaching Dolphin Circus will either turn onto Naklua Road and onto market.  If it turns left to go on Beach Road get off and walk to Naklua Road,  then get baht bus there to the market. 

Return baht bus down Naklua Road and onto Beach Road. 

• Great Info 1

great pics BUT I think you have to remember that whilst its a seafood market, practically NONE of the seafood comes fro the ocean.  only two stalls right at the back sell seafood from the sea, the rest is farmed and freshwater shrimp etc.  never fails to amaze me  as there is the sea right next to it.  same on ko samet, seafood is actually shipped in from the mainland and.. freshwater farms.

huge difference in taste too

• Great Info 2

Are the prices displayed on the fish and shrimp and mussels, etc...per kilogram? When I'm in Pattaya, I love to buy a bag of those steamed mussels for 50 baht. But I think I saw 60 baht on a mussels display and that cost is a great deal if for a whole kilogram.

I'd buy several fish and let them clean and cook them for take away back to the loom.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:21 AM, Jambo said:

New seasons strawberries on display.

That means they will be on sale down in Sattahip this morning. 😀

Wasted journey - a strawberry free zone!

Two sets of strawberry sellers this evening.  The strawberries did look as though they needed a little more ripening.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, john luke said:

Two sets of strawberry sellers this evening.  The strawberries did look as though they needed a little more ripening.

I am in Mae Sot now.

Leaving Mae Sot for the drive back south the next 80 klms is like driving in a mini version of the Swiss Alps albeit, after several years, they have finally completed a dual carriageway. That has changed the road from the most dangerous in Thailand to the fasted most dangerous in Thailand. One of CF's snuff video's featured a head on crash from a woman's dashcam as she was hit head on by a coach overtaking on a blind bend which happened all too often before they completed the road.

I digress.

40 minutes or so into the journey you come accross a very large fruit & veg market in quite a high up location. It is run by "Hill People" who even Sai has some difficulty in understanding. The area is cooler than Thailand generally and in season it sells the biggest, sweetest  and best strawberries you could ever wish. 

Currently, an 80 minute round journey is unfortunately a bridge too far even for a taste of heaven.

• 1 month later...