Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/beach-road-construction-set-for-feb-13-completion-281329

Beach Road construction set for Feb. 13 completion
By Jetsada Homklin - December 22, 2019

Pattaya officials say roadwork that has turned Beach Road into a disaster zone during high season will complete by Feb. 13.

Speaking to the Pattaya Business & Tourism Association at the Dec. 18 meeting at the Green Park Resort, Deputy City Manager Worapot Pongpalee urged business leaders to be patient, arguing that the long-term benefit of better flood-drainage will be worth the current inconvenience.

Pattaya began ripping up Beach Road this summer to lay larger flood-drainage pipelines, culverts and sewer grates to handle the torrents of water that flow from higher ground to the beach, wiping out huge tracts of the rebuilt sand base.

The start of the project lagged badly, however, with workers advancing less than one block at one point in August and September. With the delays, the worst of the roadwork, traffic and detours have landed square in the middle of high season.

Worapot said city hall has met regularly with affected business owners and has adjusted work schedules when necessary to avoid major problems.

PBTA members expressed their frustration over the slow work that not only aggravates tourists, but shows the city in the worst-possible light at the worst-possible time.

But they agreed the project was necessary and implored city hall to wrap it up as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Does that include repairs to the prom? Or just the road?!

Good question!

I think the answer is whatever work they manage to do by February 13.

You might also have noted that a year is not mentioned. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

As l only venture further north of Soi 6 on my morning walk l could care less about that part. Just get the road fixed from Soi 6 to walking street finished so I don't have to get stuck in traffic after visiting it. And don't start working on Walking Street until after February. 

untitled-0098-1.jpgPossibly too many pictures, however I walked along the full length of the road works.  To me there appears to be so much to be done before completion that I can not see the work being completed by the said date.  I think there is a productivity question too - far too many workers just sat and not working.

untitled-0086-1.jpg

untitled-0087-1.jpg

untitled-0088-1.jpg

untitled-0089-1.jpg

untitled-0090-1.jpg

untitled-0091-1.jpg

untitled-0092-1.jpg

untitled-0093-1.jpg

untitled-0094-1.jpg

untitled-0095-1.jpg

untitled-0096-1.jpg

untitled-0097-1.jpg

untitled-0098-1.jpg

untitled-0121-1.jpg

untitled-0122-1.jpg

untitled-0123-1.jpg

untitled-0124-1.jpg

untitled-0125-1.jpg

untitled-0126-1.jpg

untitled-0127-1.jpg

untitled-0128-1.jpg

untitled-0129-1.jpg

untitled-0130-1.jpg

untitled-0131-1.jpg

untitled-0132-1.jpg

untitled-0133-1.jpg

untitled-0134-1.jpg

untitled-0135-1.jpg

untitled-0136-1.jpg

untitled-0137-1.jpg

untitled-0138-1.jpg

untitled-0139-1.jpg

untitled-0140-1.jpg

untitled-0141-1.jpg

untitled-0142-1.jpg

untitled-0143-1.jpg

untitled-0144-1.jpg

untitled-0145-1.jpg

untitled-0146-1.jpg

untitled-0147-1.jpg

untitled-0148-1.jpg

untitled-0149-1.jpg

untitled-0150-1.jpg

untitled-0157-1.jpg

untitled-0156-1.jpg

untitled-0163-1.jpg

untitled-0153-1.jpg

untitled-0164-1.jpg

untitled-0152-1.jpg

untitled-0151-1.jpg

untitled-0169-1.jpg

untitled-0170-1.jpg

untitled-0171-1.jpg

untitled-0172-1.jpg

untitled-0190-1.jpg

untitled-0193-1.jpg

untitled-0192-1.jpg

untitled-0194-1.jpg

untitled-0195-1.jpg

untitled-0198-1.jpg

untitled-0197-1.jpg

untitled-0199-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got back from Vietnam today and caught a baht bus along beach road from the start down to walking street. I guess it depends on your definition of  complete. Get the pipes in the ground by the 13th, maybe. Repave the road, install the gutters, refurbish the pathway. NOT A CHANCE.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, andycoll said:

I got back from Vietnam today and caught a baht bus along beach road from the start down to walking street. I guess it depends on your definition of  complete. Get the pipes in the ground by the 13th, maybe. Repave the road, install the gutters, refurbish the pathway. NOT A CHANCE.

Dead right.

As an aside, now there are no chinese tour groups to dodge, I did notice some drainage grills that were massive had been delivered and stacked haphazardly near klang. Sorry  no pic.

5 hours ago, john luke said:

A few more from this morning.

untitled-0510-1.jpg

Is this a pic of what I think they're doing. Using the tires of the heavy equipment to push the drain covers into an opening that wasn't built big enough?

Just thought of great caption for the pic, if something doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer. That pavement pulverizer certainly would qualify as a bigger hammer. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:
6 hours ago, john luke said:

A few more from this morning.

untitled-0510-1.jpg

Is this a pic of what I think they're doing. Using the tires of the heavy equipment to push the drain covers into an opening that wasn't built big enough?

After a first surprise I came to the same conclusion....🙄🙄🙄

Of course if that is not enough, a gentle knock with the hammer should do !

53 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just thought of great caption for the pic, if something doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer. That pavement pulverizer certainly would qualify as a bigger hammer. :default_biggrin:

untitled-0510-Edit.jpg

I have no doubt that the accessory to which the red arrow is pointing has a name; unfortunately I do not know it.  Anyway the tip of that tool was being used to push the grate covers along until they actually fell into place.  The other people in the picture were watching.

• Surprised 1