How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Aqualung

What's the best tablet / iPad to buy

My I pad is 7 years old now and it's becoming a pain as I can't update or upload certain applications because of the old IOS. 

Also , I can't seem to find a cable to upload photos from my point and shoot camera to the I pad .ive bought one or two from ebay but they fell apart .cheap chinese crap ! 

So I need an upgrade . Mainly for photos and downloading modern apps . As you can tell from my post im not tech savvy as it were . In fact im thicker than a whale omelette ! 

What would you recommend for ease of use versus price .

kop Khun khrap ! 

If you are used to iOS and want a tablet to last anywhere near 7 years then buy another iPad. 

There were rumours Sony were going to release a couple of new tablets this year but heard nothing concrete yet. Their last compact android slate the Z3 (8inch) I bought four years ago and I couldn't think of a good reason to upgrade and it looks as good as new. The Z4 (10inch) was voted top android tablet for quite a while after its launch three years ago. 

Go cheap and get a Samsung but I can almost guarantee that you will be replacing it at least once in seven years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

If you are used to iOS and want a tablet to last anywhere near 7 years then buy another iPad. 

There were rumours Sony were going to release a couple of new tablets this year but heard nothing concrete yet. Their last compact android slate the Z3 (8inch) I bought four years ago and I couldn't think of a good reason to upgrade and it looks as good as new. The Z4 (10inch) was voted top android tablet for quite a while after its launch three years ago. 

Go cheap and get a Samsung but I can almost guarantee that you will be replacing it at least once in seven years. 

Agree 100%. My iPad mini is 5 years old and still running pretty good just upgraded to iOS 12 yesterday.

2 minutes ago, DumbDucker said:

Agree 100%. My iPad mini is 5 years old and still running pretty good just upgraded to iOS 12 yesterday.

Yes, although I'm extremely happy with the build of my Sony it's already stuck on Android 6 with no further updates available or planned. 

1 minute ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Yes, although I'm extremely happy with the build of my Sony it's already stuck on Android 6 with no further updates available or planned. 

I am a beta tester for Android and running my phone on Android P which is 9. Not really many new features the last few years except for security fixes, does Sony send security updates ?

10 minutes ago, DumbDucker said:

I am a beta tester for Android and running my phone on Android P which is 9. Not really many new features the last few years except for security fixes, does Sony send security updates ?

Yes they send security updates but don't tend to do android updates for products past two years. My tablet originally was android 4 and is 6.0.1 now with no updates available. 

We just bought a new IPad for the family as the IPad 2 started to really slow down etc. It must be at least 5 years old, probably more. 2 young kids have abused it for all that time and it just kept working. Great bits of kit, but obviously you have to pay for it.

Sign in to follow this