Nha Trang info wanted

KWA

I visited Nha Trang last October and will be going back their late Jan. The beach is quite nice and clean. Yes there are a lot of Russians but their are other nationalities as well. The exchange rate is about One Baht equals 700 Dong. I stayed at the Gold Ocean Apartments which was okay for the price then but the prices they are asking now I wouldn't pay for what you get. However it is the area you should try to stay in. A deck chair costs around 80,000-90,000 dong but for that you get a towel and washing facilities to clean the sand and salt off you. They have toilets at the beach. Some are underground. A good spot for a late afternoon beer by the beach is a bar just north of the sailing club, a large Saigon Lager bottle was 20,000 Dong, and the toilet was only 30 metres away. The Sailing Club is expensive. Plenty of restaurants abound but not so many bars outside of hotels. There are a few sports bar although they are nothing like Pattaya and Bangkok sports bars. I watched a few of the Rugby World Cup games at the Cheers Sports bar, small but friendly, google it for location.

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, andycoll said:

I stayed at the Gold Ocean Apartments which was okay for the price then but the prices they are asking now I wouldn't pay for what you get.

From 950 baht per night on hotels.com at the moment.  How does that sound?

The price sounds right. What you have to understand is that it is not a hotel. The apartments sit on a couple of floors above the hotel so although they are all basically the same design the furnishings and upkeep can vary, pot luck really, read the reviews. My room was fine and if I could remember the number I would recommend it. It had a sea view but was not actually overlooking the beach as you can tell by the photo. Bedroom, living room, kitchenette, fullsize fridge, small balcony with washing machine and clothesline. I liked it but i'm easily pleased. As long as the fridge and tv worked I'm happy.

2 minutes ago, andycoll said:

If you do decide to stay at the Gold Ocean apartments let me know and I will explain how you access it as it is a bit tricky.

I've got another tab open just now trying to work it out from Google.  The limited pictures they show are from 2014 when it was just being built I think, and a soft opening offer sign is hanging on the beach side hoardings.  Just waiting on a mate getting back to me to say he's OK with it.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...