No more plastic bags...

Lanzalad

So the stores in Thailand are almost ALL at the same time going to turn on a dime go green and be concerned with saving the Earth over maximizing sales and profits???

Does this sound strange to anyone?

Think about it.....What kind of entity has the power to get almost ALL stores to agree with this all at the same time? Never mind all the other stores in all the other countries......Were millions of people asking for this? Nope they sure were not......Yet this anti plastic bag thing just keeps spreading from country to country...

Edited by fforest
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, fforest said:

So the stores in Thailand are almost ALL at the same time going to turn on a dime go green and be concerned with saving the Earth over maximizing sales and profits???

Does this sound strange to anyone?

Think about it.....What kind of entity has the power to get almost ALL stores to agree with this all at the same time? Never mind all the other stores in all the other countries......Were millions of people asking for this? Nope they sure were not......Yet this anti plastic bag thing just keeps spreading from country to country...

And your point is ?

8 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Hahaha...

More seriously, in France I used to have have 2 of those in the car. 

images.jpeg-1.jpg

images.jpeg-2.jpg

I went to BIg C on Suk on Friday, and not only had they stopped giving away plastic carriers but they'd also removed all the plastic baskets. I was wondering why they'd do that, it's going a bit far on the plastic ban to get rid of everything made of plastic, regardless of whether it's "single use" or not, but maybe they're afraid that people will start nicking the baskets.

That meant everybody had to use a trolley, with the predictable result that they'd run out of them. Not good for business, I should imagine.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Of course, 7-eleven have really stolen a march on the others as they're still giving free but unmarked plastic bags. It's a clever strategy, lead the march to stopping stores from giving away plastic bags but then ignore the ban yourself, presumably hoping that the other shops' customers will flock to you and your free bags.

Yup....Russian bloke bought a pack of bottled water in 7-11 infront of me yesterday...double bagged, with a third bag to tie the handles together, as has always been the case. 

Just the bags were now plain white, no advertising...

• Thumbs Up 1

No plastic bag ever threw itself into the sea, society is the culprit.  Banning bags has become fashionable as folk climb on the do-gooder bandwagon but it merely forces other bags to be purchased to dispose of waste, carry wet goods etc, so no net gain except to the bag manufacturers' and sellers' profits.

Next year it'll be something else that Greta and her mates decides is bad with no actual thought process of the big picture.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KWA said:

No plastic bag ever threw itself into the sea, society is the culprit.  Banning bags has become fashionable as folk climb on the do-gooder bandwagon but it merely forces other bags to be purchased to dispose of waste, carry wet goods etc, so no net gain except to the bag manufacturers' and sellers' profits.

Next year it'll be something else that Greta and her mates decides is bad with no actual thought process of the big picture.

There IS a net gain if people re-use their bags at the shops. Since the change in the law in the UK, many people carry bags with them.

But I take your point about needing to substitute them as convenient bin liners, etc.

13 minutes ago, Captain_B said:

One bonus is I don,t have to deposit my rucksack in when I go to Lotus or Big C. Always was an annoyance. Now I wear it throughout the store and fill it at the checkout.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

For lower prices fill your bag in the store and just skip the checkout.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I heard about this from a friend who got back this week. When I eventually get out myself, I shall pack 3 Salisbury bags in my case 😀 Every baht counts

In the UK I have great delight in keeping a random selection of plastic bags in the car. I make sure I always take a different shop's bags into wherever I go....

Waitrose don't appreciate Lidl's bags!