No more plastic bags...

Lanzalad

21 hours ago, Krapow said:

Thread's has me laughing and headshaking at the same time. 

Think I've logged onto Pattaya Talk by mistake.

From conspiracy nutjobs, to they're taking away my freedoms, how dare they tell me what straw I can use 🙄 😆

Ironically enough, they're not even doing that!!!

Takes all sorts I suppose ...

a9eaaa2e9af9c9fb7bc22a009af019be--sheep-atheism.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

"'''''Please update or add to this list'''''

7-11s seem to all HAVE BAGS....

Family Marts some seem to have bags some dont...

Big C......NO BAGS....

Friendship...NO BAGS....

Tesco....NO BAGS.....

Tops....???

Foodland...Plastic Bags for 1 baht..

Boots...NO BAGS....

Markets stands...HAVE BAGS

Mom and Pop stores...HAVE BAGS

Home Pro...Plastic bags for 1 baht...

Edited by fforest

2 hours ago, fforest said:

a9eaaa2e9af9c9fb7bc22a009af019be--sheep-atheism.jpg

😂 

Lovely, a nice little meme. 

Well that clears things up then.

Meanwhile in the real world you still haven't answered a single thing put in even the last couple of pages by various posters. 

Tells it's own story, as does the irony of the meme ...

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

😂

Lovely, a nice little meme. 

Well that clears things up then.

Meanwhile in the real world you still haven't answered a single thing put in even the last couple of pages by various posters. 

Tells it's own story, as does the irony of the meme ...

Welcome home.  5p if you want a single use carrier bag in the Supermarkets here.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, fygjam said:

So who is it. Deep state, New World Order. To out gun the global petrochemical companies and we don't know who it is. Maybe the aliens at Area 51 have finally shown their hand (do aliens have hands).

On 1/24/2020 at 2:00 PM, Bazle said:

Maybe it's people coming to their senses.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:55 PM, Krapow said:

So from who then?

On 1/24/2020 at 3:06 PM, fygjam said:

So who is it? Who is making the money if global petrochemical and plastics companies stop making plastic bags?

PS. The first country to ban the single use bags was that mover and shaker on the world stage, Bangladesh in 2002 following a 12 year campaign by ESDO (the Environment and Social Development Organization of Bangladesh).

On 1/24/2020 at 9:59 PM, Thai Spice said:

Another conspiracy ? 

@fforest And that's just the last two pages. 

Stillearly has already highlighted your previous ridiculous conspiracy pish on this thread. 

Keep wearing the tinfoil hat ffs..

2 minutes ago, john luke said:

Welcome home.  5p if you want a single use carrier bag in the Supermarkets here.

Indeed, it's an outrageous assault on my freedoms which is part of the bigger Conspiracy from the illuminati, or New World Order, or Satanists, or George Soros, or whomever modern day con men that Alex Jones tells me. 

Yea, in the taxi home, uneventful flight. Happy days!

12 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Indeed, it's an outrageous assault on my freedoms which is part of the bigger Conspiracy from the illuminati, or New World Order, or Satanists, or George Soros, or whomever modern day con men that Alex Jones tells me. 

Yea, in the taxi home, uneventful flight. Happy days!

Relax John,  5p ...this is exactly why Boris created    

189747.jpg

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Relax John,  5p ...this is exactly why Boris created    

189747.jpg

I am quite relaxed about the plastic bag situation.  

I have a collection of 'bags for life' which live in the boot of my car for supermarket shopping.  When one tears the supermarket replace it free of charge.

https://www.westminstercollection.com/p-W733/The-BREXIT-Silver-Commemorative.aspx?sn=8&gclid=CjwKCAiA1L_xBRA2EiwAgcLKA_xVxqEhR18u9N9X0U31MEzoeJXZZsQf2WFH2eqP0QRdJgTeEqkrcBoCP7EQAvD_BwE

I have attached a link for the silver proof set as I am sure @Thai Spice will want one.  Better hurry though.

• Haha 1

It's more like an extremely vocal pressure group saw a picture of a baby seal with a plastic beer can wrap round it's nose, then read about a whale that was found with a dozen plastic bags in its stomach and decided on that evidence alone that plastic bags are bad.  It's not even the regular tree huggers as many alternatives are even worse for the environment, just a movement that knew which buttons to push and where to shout loudest.

Society being what it is in the facebook/me too/virtue signalling age we live in followed that flag, and so we find ourselves now bowing down to any and every pressure group that pops up.

Never mind the science, here's another bandwagon coming, I'd better jump on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KWA said:

It's more like an extremely vocal pressure group saw a picture of a baby seal with a plastic beer can wrap round it's nose, then read about a whale that was found with a dozen plastic bags in its stomach and decided on that evidence alone that plastic bags are bad.  It's not even the regular tree huggers as many alternatives are even worse for the environment, just a movement that knew which buttons to push and where to shout loudest.

Society being what it is in the facebook/me too/virtue signalling age we live in followed that flag, and so we find ourselves now bowing down to any and every pressure group that pops up.

Never mind the science, here's another bandwagon coming, I'd better jump on.

I avoid all of them at all costs ........

• 3 weeks later...

Angry US shoppers slam New York statewide plastic bag move

Aussies have lived without plastic shopping bags for a while now, but it seems our New York friends aren’t coping so well with the change.

New Yorkers were forced to begin grappling with a new shopping reality on Sunday as the
state’s ban on plastic shopping bags kicked in – and not many people were happy about it.

“I think it’s ridiculous,” Scott Kimmel, 56, said while shopping at the Whitestone Target in
Queens.

“I understand about ‘conserve, take care of the environment’, but c’mon!”

About half the shoppers seen by The Post on the first day of the bag ban, including Mr
Kimmel, were compensating by bringing their own bags from home, while another quarter
opted to just go bagless rather than pay the 5c paper-bag fee allowed under the law, and the
remaining 25 per cent coughed up the charge per bag.

“I was totally shocked,” Target shopper Richie Alvarez, 49, said of the move.

“This is what our world is coming to. Yeah, they charged me extra for the bag.

“That’s why I only took one. It would normally be two or three bags.”

The law, passed last year, bars single-use plastic bags at any retailer – from supermarkets to
delis – that collects sales tax at their store.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/angry-us-shoppers-slam-new-york-statewide-plastic-bag-move/news-story/e4514ec2ef551814734975d4819ea39f

Meanwhile

McDonald’s to phase out plastic cutlery across Australia by end of 2020

A staple part of any McDonald’s order is now set to disappear from Australian restaurants forever within a few short months.

McDonald’s will ditch plastic cutlery Australia-wide by the end of 2020, it has been
revealed.

The burger giant has announced it will phase out plastic cutlery from all its restaurants
across the country by year’s end, instead moving to “paper-based” cutlery.

It will remove 585 tonnes of plastic per year, and follows Macca’s previous commitment to
turn away from plastic straws this year, which means 500 million plastic straws will be
removed from circulation annually.

Kylie Freeland, McDonald’s Australia’s director of supply chain and sustainability said the
global juggernaut was committed to being an industry leader when it comes to
sustainability.

“We’re committed to being an industry leader in sustainable practices, ultimately using our
scale for good to positively impact challenges facing the communities we operate in,” Ms
Freeland said.

“By removing plastic straws and cutlery from McDonald’s restaurants, we are continuing to
reduce our environmental footprint and will be removing more than 860 tonnes of plastic
from our system.”

Ms Freeland did say there had been teething problems with the paper cutlery but these have
now been licked "by changing the consistency of some meal components".

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/mcdonalds-to-phase-out-plastic-cutlery-across-australia-by-end-of-2020/news-story/8479e3aca151498a1f30b508f474f26d

So at "Popular", my #2 supermarket for bread they used to have the goods unpacked, you picked them and put them in a plastic bag. 

Later they replaced the plastic bags by paper bags.

Now they have gone completely backwards and every item is individually wrapped in a plastic bag.....🙈🙈🙄🙄

20200307_064407_copy_1024x768.jpg

So where before for 3 items there was 1 bag, now there is 3 .....

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

So at "Popular", my #2 supermarket for bread they used to have the goods unpacked, you picked them and put them in a plastic bag. 

Later they replaced the plastic bags by paper bags.

Now they have gone completely backwards and every item is individually wrapped in a plastic bag.....🙈🙈🙄🙄

20200307_064407_copy_1024x768.jpg

So where before for 3 items there was 1 bag, now there is 3 .....

I assume you are a rational person, so what is the bitch?

It seems that EVERY item sold not in a can is encased in some form of plastic.

13 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

That's exactly the problem .......

Bakery product, vegetables, fruit sold under plastic wrap......

Ok tell me exactly what is the problem?

I dont see any problem.

• Like 1