Kiss Food and Drink - The Pits or Best Thing since Sliced Bread

john luke

Only ate there once, not because I particularly avoid it but it's just a bit out the way for me.  If I stayed nearby I'd probably use it, but I'm in the "you eat to live" camp, not the "you live to eat" one.  If the food fills my belly and tastes OK it'll do.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Its cheap and cheerful .. you get what you pay for...

I wouldn't have an evening meal or even breakfast but the odd plate of food after a night out you can't go wrong.

Agreed. And as @Stickman says the people watching is great. Used it regulary when staying at Areca, even the Miss said it was OK. 

For me sure beats any burger, kebab, US food or fish and ships shop, but than off course I am a pretentious French aristocrat.....😄😄😄😄

43 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Only tried a few Thai dishes there and always found the food bland. In fairness, I haven't eaten there for a number of years as I gave up on it. A shame, as the location and the people-watching opportunities there are great.

One of the best places to people watch and have a proper breakfast was Wetherspoons

• Like 1

Have eaten there many times over the years and have never had a " bad " meal. I have always found the food to be more than adequate and their prices to be reasonable. It's not my first choice by any means but when stumbling back to the hotel at 3am it's as good as any.

This is going back almost a decade, but I always thought it was great value and location can’t be beat. I was usually staying around LK and from Walking Street it was right on the way. Sometimes with my teelak of the night, sometimes alone. I did think that a few of the menu photos were quite “optimistic” in regards to portion size, but Kiss ain’t the only spot that’s guilty of that

9 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Its cheap and cheerful .. you get what you pay for...

I wouldn't have an evening meal or even breakfast but the odd plate of food after a night out you can't go wrong.

Or a light lunch. 

Used to stay at Sunshine Garden by Dolphin roundabout my first half dozen trips and used the one opposite loads of times. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Or a light lunch. 

Used to stay at Sunshine Garden by Dolphin roundabout my first half dozen trips and used the one opposite loads of times. 

Used it on my way home after a skin full.. but now I used the kebab stands.. 

In the past 22 years I have cumulatively spent 3 1/2 years in LOS, mostly in Pats. Walked past this place probably a thousand times but never had a seat or something to eat. Often times it seemed quite crowded. Would rather choose the close by Beefeaters if in the evening.