CampariO

Laem Mae Phim - Ao Khai beach

28 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Had a project near Rayong, so  spend some weekends in Laem Mae Phim. There is small beach named Ao Khai, which has very few visitors. The locals tend to be at the huge Mae Phim beach.

37610078nq.jpg

37610087vc.jpg

There are 3 or 4 hotels with a few sun loungers and a simple restaurant as well. They are keeping the beach spotless.

37610120ow.jpg

37610090if.jpg

37610115tq.jpg

Sand is like powder, the water clear and not a single rock or pebble in the water. A dream to swim in and as the slope is gentle, non swimmers can have a good time there as well.

We had some drinks and snacks in the simple restaurant, I think their sun chairs/umbrella were free of charge or very cheap.

37610171mu.jpg

From Pattaya it is a 2 hours drive. Can't wait to get back there.

37610157fw.jpg

Beware: on my second visit I got bitten by sandflies.....so bring some mosquito repellent.

About time you posted something worthwhile, just saying like :default_527:

8 minutes ago, Krapow said:

About time you posted something worthwhile, just saying like :default_527:

Had a busy last year.....6 month China, then Turkey vacation, 2 weeks mum, Rayong job, 11 days mum for X-mas....nothing of interest to the board.

Now planned a road trip to Ubon Ratchathani which got delayed due to a flu I picked up on the plane. This should result in some nice pics. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

Had a busy last year.....6 month China, then Turkey vacation, 2 weeks mum, Rayong job, 11 days mum for X-mas....nothing of interest to the board.

Now planned a road trip to Ubon Ratchathani which got delayed due to a flu I picked up on the plane. This should result in some nice pics. 

We'll be down that way in a couple of weeks. Looks ideal for us and the little one. 

Hua Hin or around that area, about the only 2 places I could live in Thailand I reckon. 

Just back spending 2 nights in Mosaic appartments next to the Grand Blue hotel at Laem Mae Phim.

Very quiet down there.

37808316hq.jpg

37808318uq.jpg

37808320yy.jpg

37808322va.jpg

• Like 1

Had dinner in Bali Pizza, where the ppizza margherita starts at 280 Bt. This one with several toppings came to 370 Bt.

37808338zw.jpg

It was (a bit later) one of the busier places, probably due to the philippine entertainers. 

37808340vx.jpg

Edited by CampariO

Spend both the evenings checking out the cocktails at the Lucky Viking. Probably the best night spot in the area.

37808368us.jpg

37808369bh.jpg

She did a good job.

37808373jb.jpg

Spend some time at Coca Cola beach:

37808376px.jpg

37808378tr.jpg

For second dinner back to Laem Mae Phim, where a couple of Thai tourists took pics of the sunset.

37808394gc.jpg

37808395wq.jpg

We then had a quick lunch at Mae Ram Phueng beach near Ban Phe.

37808440dm.jpg

Edited by CampariO

While Ao Khai is our favorite spot it had become quite busy with famllies, mainly from Scandianavia. 

Laem Mae Phim has plenty of restaurants, but most were dead. A handful were doing a decent trade. There are several places that are empty, for sale or already falling apart. Still it looks better than Mae Ram Phueng, where many ghost houses and garbage can be seen along the beach road. Doesn't look like a place where someone wants to spend their holidays.

2 or 3 nights are more than enough. There is not much to do, so life gets boring fast.

The good thing about this area is, there are hardly any Russians or Chinese, most of the visitors are Skandiavians. It is easy to find a spot on the beach, where you are alone without any hawkers bothering you.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1