Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Very sad news. Had some great times staying at the hotel...and of course in the bar too.

I can confirm the prices I have been quoted have more than doubled...I had to change my travel dates due to unforeseen problems and the new price is B2200 per night. I've declined that and requested to cancel. Shame. Many great memories there.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

7 hours ago, LOSO said:

Very sad news. Had some great times staying at the hotel...and of course in the bar too.

I can confirm the prices I have been quoted have more than doubled...I had to change my travel dates due to unforeseen problems and the new price is B2200 per night. I've declined that and requested to cancel. Shame. Many great memories there.

shit 2200Bt is Ben back?:default_diablo:

regards

grayray

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LOSO said:

33 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

2200 baht a night for a room at a guesthouse can't be correct.

31 minutes ago, fygjam said:

High season.

They can always try...If somebody is stupid enough to pay it ?

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, LOSO said:

I think that you will find that was the default price (rack rate) the Reservation system automatically sent to you.

The nice young man would have manually intervened before that was issued by the system discounting to your usual rate which as a regular must be less than half of that default (rack) rate.

I imagine that by now they are playing catchup with regard to reservation confirmations and no doubt the new owner will confirm the correct discounted rate to you soon.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I think that you will find that was the default price (rack rate) the Reservation system automatically sent to you.

The nice young man would have manually intervened before that was issued by the system discounting to your usual rate which as a regular must be less than half of that default (rack) rate.

I imagine that by now they are playing catchup with regard to reservation confirmations and no doubt the new owner will confirm the correct discounted rate to you soon.

Excellent, thank you Jambo ☺️

44 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Sorry, but that is a shitty way of doing business and treating customers.

I have been involved a lot in purchasing in my life (and not in K Thb...) and inevitably came across a few of those merchants / suppliers who after i started seriously negociating came up immediately with 50% discount. I systematically told them that I dont like to be taken for an idiot, and they have just lost any chances for now and forever of us buyung something for them. And I made sure the word went around.

This is simply taking peope for idiots at the start, and that is something I really dont like.

Remembers me many moons ago, when I inquired at Secrets for a room, received a quote, mailed back asking a small discount, and received a very arrogant answer in the style "We are a very succesfull business, and it is not the style of the house to give discounts". Needless to tell you what was my reply.....

I kept that mail in my archives for a long time as the perfect example of how NOT to answer to customers.

• Like 2

I never stayed at Secrets ... I always thought the price of rooms were a rip off .... I mean I just sleep ( for a couple of hours ) and shower .... plus no parking ....

I always and continue to stay at Nickys House in Jomtien on the top floor with a huge balcony directly looking at the sea .... my type of place ... plus, I can walk outside onto Soi 7 and drink all night ....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, Freee!! said:

Even better location, the whole of Soi Diamond within crawling distance. In the 1990s I used to be a regular guest there with Starlight Beer Bar (right across the soi) being my favourite bar.

First hotel I ever stayed at in Pattaya back in 1987 , they were offering a promo of either a free dinner or a free massage................I chose the massage which meant ogling loads of girls through the window and getting a great companion to make me relaxed, excited and then relaxed again.

• Great Info 1

Just now, Jambo said:

I would like to see that email as until I resigned as General Manager 3 years or so ago I answered every single reservation email that arrived at Secrets Hotel. Nobody else ever answered an incoming email other than me.

That is not my style and I know better than to issue a form of words that would be guaranteed to piss off a potential customer for good.

The dearest room at Secrets in those days ( 2009 onwards)  was 995 baht and there were returning regular customers receiving discounts even lower than that up to the present time some 10 years later.

Every Hotel has a rack rate. 

Due to discounts directly given by the Hotel and Promotions through Agents virtually nobody pays anything like the rack rate in practice.

kudos jambo..i got some awesome discounts both in the hotel and villa ...thank you

• Thumbs Up 4

Unfortunately yesterday evening I had to temporarily hide the thread pending some moderation work, due to a small number of members engaging in what could only be described as petty bickering and personal insults.  The relevant posts have now been hidden and the thread unhidden.  Appologies and thanks to @Jambo, for posting the thread in the first place.