Jambo

Goodbye to Secrets Hotel

I learned today that my understanding that Secrets Hotel would continue unchanged was infact premature.

The Hotel has changed ownership and although the hotel will not close with all current bookings being honoured  the  Hotel name will change in the very near future once some formalities are completed.

The booking  email "reservations@secretspattaya.com" is no longer in use for reservation inquiries to Secrets Hotel, Pattaya. No doubt there will be a permanant replacement shortly.  In the meantime reservation inquiries and telephone bookings can be made to the usual Hotel main number

+66 (0)38 416 914  or through the website.

A particularly sad  day for the nice young man who had some varied involvement in Secrets Hotel for much of the last 10 years and no doubt for the significant loyal band of customers who regularly returned to Secrets Hotel.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 2
  • Sad 8

Sad news indeed as I'm getting ready to make my hotel reservations for March. I always start out with my first week at Secrets. With the pending name change comes the final end of what was a grand place and time. Everything changes, nothing stays the same.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I learned today that my understanding that Secrets Hotel would continue unchanged was infact premature.

The Hotel has changed ownership and although the hotel will not close with all current bookings being honoured  the  Hotel name will change in the very near future once some formalities are completed.

The booking  email "reservations@secretspattaya.com" is no longer in use for reservation inquiries to Secrets Hotel, Pattaya. No doubt there will be a permanant replacement shortly.  In the meantime reservation inquiries and telephone bookings can be made to the usual Hotel main number

+66 (0)38 416 914  or through the website.

A particularly sad  day for the nice young man who had some varied involvement in Secrets Hotel for much of the last 10 years and no doubt for the significant loyal band of customers who regularly returned to Secrets Hotel.

So does that mean that the exceedingly nice young man can now retire fully ( albeit prematurely ) ?

42 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Shame, it was a good place in a good location.

I doubt it will stop trading. Just a name change and probably adjusted prices.

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I doubt it will stop trading. Just a name change and probably adjusted prices.

And changed management. And without the bar downstairs the location isn't that good either.

1 minute ago, Freee!! said:

And changed management. And without the bar downstairs the location isn't that good either.

I don't know about the management,  but the location is still one of the best in WS me thinks! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

I don't know about the management,  but the location is still one of the best in WS me thinks! 

Ever stayed in the Diamond Beach Hotel?

11 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Ever stayed in the Diamond Beach Hotel?

No, why?

Even better location, the whole of Soi Diamond within crawling distance. In the 1990s I used to be a regular guest there with Starlight Beer Bar (right across the soi) being my favourite bar.

• Like 1

Would always stay there for either a portion or whole trip once I discovered it in 2011.

Must of stayed there 6 or 7 times.Things change but I have great memories of the bar and hotel. 

All the best for the future Dan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Would always stay there for either a portion or whole trip once I discovered it in 2011.

Must of stayed there 6 or 7 times.Things change but I have great memories of the bar and hotel. 

We had some epic piss ups there mate...sad to see its demise.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Painter said:

Ben's boutique hotel?

Ben's bouncing cheque Hotel. Kind of has a ring to it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

for many of us it was "home from home" in pattaya for a long time, for me that was during the early Larry Era.  things changed,   i stopped going.   but had it not been for Shhh i would have got into a lot  of hassle I am sure.  made a few good pals there , incl. Robbie, who put me on the line and showed me the truth behind the veil in many issues in thailand.    I am sure it wil reopen as King Hotel and the Lobster bar, but then again, many of the staff always smelt of fish anyway 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Gal,

those bloody stairs stopped me staying there had trouble handling them sober,

let alone pissed.

regards

gryarya

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Proffesor said:

So does that mean that the exceedingly nice young man can now retire fully ( albeit prematurely ) ?

I am reliably informed that he discovered his original 2006 Honda Airblade in a shed where it had been for the last two years. Absolutely covered in all manner of crap and thus looking a complete mess with two flat tyres.

Like the nice young man it cleaned up nicely but has a list a mile long of relatively minor items that need attention or replacing and most panels need a paint job although they are sound. Engine started, eventually, and also needs some routine maintenance.

So, item 1 of project post Retirement. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

it was "home from home" in pattaya for a long time, for me

Ok, that was the Sunday lunch. What did you do for the other six days?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What became of the bar, is it still scooters?

Scooters have pulled out and currently closed. Being redeveloped by new owners.