My New Sign

misteregg

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Getting all excited because I finally got to get a sign for the bar on Walking St.

Should be at the bottom

Of Soi Diamond, not sure exactly where.

It’s too far away from the bar to run an electric cable so it’s solar powered.

Still waiting for the solar panels so it will be a few days before it’s erected.

The sign maker sent me this photo

6fb81c358a6c03a0c75bd652d54148dc.plist

First one to publish a photo of it on the street gets a free beer.

Just an observation but surely if the sign will be at the bottom of the alley on corner of Walking Street the distance will be no more than 100 meters, wouldn't be 200 meters.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Question Number 2 and your starter for 10.

Why is the Le underlined in the Le Pub sign?

Means (the) masc in French.

Graphic / visual effect ? The letters "PUB" appear much bigger, attracting the attention a the presence of a general pub, rather than enhancing the French sounding part of it which could limit the attraction for a certain clientele ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

If you are already drunk you don't walk in such a straight line. 200m seems right 😛

About 280 metres if you're really pissed. But then the sign should have a crooked arrow to indicate this.

00000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, AJSP said:

Guess as it’s a solar powered sign it has battery storage to ensure it’s shown at nighttime?

Sign looks good btw

If the battery runs low at night, included with the sign is a hand crank that allows Mr. Egg to run out and manually recharge the battery. Should make for good photo ops for the WS tourists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1