Don't see many of these....

Painter

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Probably just some Aussie tourist who got lost. They're all over the roads here at the moment due to the holidays.

Less caravans on the roads here in Queensland at the moment. The Grey Nomads don't travel north in the warmer months.

Edited by thegrogmonster

We call them trailers in these parts. When we think of the word caravan, we think of what circus carny's travel in.

circus.jpg

carney.jpg

Now a proper trailer is the Airstream. I would love to have an Airstream Classic 30 footer. They run about 125 -150K USD and are very luxurious. (for a trailer) 

Airstream.jpg

The attractiveness of the exterior is odd but the interior is rather nice. 

Airstream 2.jpg

I am not claustrophobic and would gladly sell my 2 bedroom condo and live in an Airstream.  The problem is where to park it with proper electricity and sewage evacuation without being stuck in a trailer park with the rest of the shit kicker clientele. 

In the late 60's my parents toured the US in a trailer with us kids.(not as nice as an Airstream but suitable) 

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

We call them trailers in these parts. When we think of the word caravan, we think of what circus carny's travel in.

That's where your problem lies.

We don't have caravan trash (unless someone doesn't dispose of their rubbish properly).

We used to repair and do warranty work on Class A,B and C,motorhomes and trailers too.

Let me tell you,they are all shit.Wooden shit,with Filon outer casings.

For what you pay for these things,they should be better.

The only way to travel,is below.

And don’t call the a motorhome.They are a Coach.lol.

960F68FD-A6AC-4539-9BB6-E3A20A3F1046.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

8 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Call them grockles in the English west country.

Or rather the people in them.

I heard that from Devon folk ( ilfracombe) and as I am from from Somerset it’s not a term I’ve heard prior. 

That said, Caravan folk are rife in the south west  and our motorway junction at Gordano is Choca.

never seen one in Thailand but do joke wit the Mrs about a Max n Paddy adventures 🤣

12 yrs ago on the main motorway there was a little bloke flogging very old imported ones.. all had ac but i think needed mains hookups to work.  at one time thought about it, but then u need somewhere to park it so it can go green and black and need washing down.  other thing is , here, when not in use, most of the time, it will go mouldy inside  from heat/sweat etc.  just like a car does

14 hours ago, AJSP said:

I heard that from Devon folk ( ilfracombe) and as I am from from Somerset it’s not a term I’ve heard prior. 

That said, Caravan folk are rife in the south west  and our motorway junction at Gordano is Choca.

never seen one in Thailand but do joke wit the Mrs about a Max n Paddy adventures 🤣

I worked 2005-7 at Exeter airport as a sub-contractor,travelling M4/M5 every week or two.In the summer the grockles were a right royal pain in the arse & that's before one crashes!