Jump to content
Evil Penevil

Recent Pics from LK Metro

Recommended Posts

As the promotion banner above Kilkenny shows the beer prices at happy hour, anyone has got to admit, for that price sitting down having a beer with that atmosphere filled with music, pleasant aromas wafting in the air, people watching, and the numerous ladies either working as staff at the nearby bars or just in passing along the soi, it is a great deal of fun to hang out on Soi LK Metro on any given evening.

Even at basically 30 baht to a USD, for about $2.30 a beer, a guy could sit there 4-5 hours enjoying the scene with his mates or even solo, and not have it put a crimp in his pocketbook.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

As the promotion banner above Kilkenny shows the beer prices at happy hour, anyone has got to admit, for that price sitting down having a beer with that atmosphere filled with music, pleasant aromas wafting in the air, people watching, and the numerous ladies either working as staff at the nearby bars or just in passing along the soi, it is a great deal of fun to hang out on Soi LK Metro on any given evening.

Even at basically 30 baht to a USD, for about $2.30 a beer, a guy could sit there 4-5 hours enjoying the scene with his mates or even solo, and not have it put a crimp in his pocketbook.

Spent three days in the vicinity over New Year, stayed at Robin's Nest and walked LK Metro every night. Place had great atmosphere and doesn't trouble the wallet, can't knock what is on offer. Only hit one go go but didn't blow my skirt up as much as the outside bars.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too made that walk a couple times early January and couldnt help wonder who came up with the Disco club / Friends as a bar name? Thought it was a little weird and still do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Esco said:

I too made that walk a couple times early January and couldnt help wonder who came up with the Disco club / Friends as a bar name? Thought it was a little weird and still do. 

Looking at the logo, seems to be related to the TV show.

Still a weird choice of name though😀. I find  the "Thirsty Camel" a naff one too, but maybe it's an Aussie thing??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Looking at the logo, seems to be related to the TV show.

Still a weird choice of name though😀. I find  the "Thirsty Camel" a naff one too, but maybe it's an Aussie thing??

Gonna open a bar there one day called The Rusty Trombone 

For those who don't know what it means, it's when a girl kneels behind you and reaches between your legs and wanks you off while licking your shitty arse hole, thus looking like she is playing a rusty trombone 😀

  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, galenkia said:

Gonna open a bar there one day called The Rusty Trombone 

For those who don't know what it means, it's when a girl kneels behind you and reaches between your legs and wanks you off while licking your shitty arse hole, thus looking like she is playing a rusty trombone 😀

Should be fine, everything gots lost in translation anyway. They’ll probably wonder where the sax and tuba are as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having some beers ( got pretty hammered ) at Billabong's a month or so ago ..... agree, it was a nice atmosphere .... not as crowded as the pictures but it was nice .... was thinking about going to Le Pub but it was really late ( early ) and decided against it .. it was way past 2 ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks fairly busy to me, but then again we’re not seeing how dead some gogos are inside, as you mentioned. January should be peak season, but I guess Pattaya isn’t even busy at this time of the year. Was there around New Year 2012, remember thinking “never again” . Had a hard time finding company some nights. Obviously things have changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Spent three days in the vicinity over New Year, stayed at Robin's Nest and walked LK Metro every night. Place had great atmosphere and doesn't trouble the wallet, can't knock what is on offer. Only hit one go go but didn't blow my skirt up as much as the outside bars.

Thats the thing about Metro. The number of bars where you can sit outside and be a part of the atmosphere to me is a great attraction to the place. Going inside a bar or an agogo is fine and I've done it plenty. But in doing so, you limit your visibility to what's inside while shunning all the visual delights outside.

The set up with so many bars that face each other from across the soi, contributes to the festive atmosphere and people parade. Against that sort of circus, going inside an agogo can often be a let down, especially when getting a load of the prices of LD's or bf's, for women who might not exactly be the stunners you would expect when entering.

To me, the vastly reduced number of beer bars that once proliferated on both sides of Walking Street and opened up to the people watching has been the biggest change, for the worse, over the 26 years I have visited. For so many to be replaced by brick and mortar enclosed bars and agogos, it has lost much of it's luster from previous years. I sincerely hope that as long as LK Metro is in existence, those open air beer bars will long prosper and not go the route of WS.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, galenkia said:

Gonna open a bar there one day called The Rusty Trombone 

For those who don't know what it means, it's when a girl kneels behind you and reaches between your legs and wanks you off while licking your shitty arse hole, thus looking like she is playing a rusty trombone 😀

I was listening to BBC News one morning before heading to work and heard a rusty trombone being mentioned and couldn't believe my ears.  This is the only reference to it I can find on line.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CasualUK/comments/7x7xb3/casually_saying_rusty_trombone_on_bbc_breakfast/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Looking at the logo, seems to be related to the TV show.

Still a weird choice of name though😀. I find  the "Thirsty Camel" a naff one too, but maybe it's an Aussie thing??

I'm no expert but pretty sure Camels only live in northern Africa. 

Then again I've met and duly nourished some thirsty looking camel toes in my day. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Esco said:

I'm no expert but pretty sure Camels only live in northern Africa. 

Then again I've met and duly nourished some thirsty looking camel toes in my day. 

 

Loads of camels in Oz 

6320D3E8-4C03-4685-A2D6-218ECC4A5B63.jpeg

 

They even make them into burgers 
 

024DD263-3690-4417-B051-2EAFE1025F25.jpeg

 

  • Surprised 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...