New direct route from Ho Chi Minh City to Pattaya.

Vietjet Air launches direct route from Ho Chi Minh City to Pattaya

VietjetAir-pilots-and-crew.jpg

VIETNAM (VOV)- The low-cost carrier Vietjet Air have recently opened a direct air route connecting Ho Chi Minh City with Pattaya in Thailand, with four return flights per week.

The Ho Chi Minh City – Pattaya air route came into operation from December 23, with flights departing on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.The duration of each flight is one hour and 30 minutes, with departures from Ho Chi Minh City taking place at 13:25 before arrival at U-tapao International Airport in Pattaya at 14:40. Return flights will see departures from U-tapao International Airport at 11:25 before arriving back in Ho Chi Minh City at 12:55.

Flight VZ970 made its debut on December 23 after departing from U-tapao International Airport. Passengers onboard had the opportunity to enjoy a number of exciting performances on the flight and received several gifts courtesy of Vietjet Air.

As a way of welcoming the latest route, the airline has offered a series of promotional tickets to customers priced from zero VND, excluding taxes and fees, over nine days between December 23 to December 31.

Promotional tickets are only applicable to new routes between Ho Chi Minh City and Pattaya which take place between December 24 and March 31, 2020, except for periods such as holidays and the New Year.

This promotion is on offer to those who purchase tickets via Vietjet Air’s offical website, the mobile application, and the “Booking” section on Facebook.

Customers are able to pay with Vietjet Skyclub, Visa, Master, AMEX, JCB, KCP, UnionPay, and ATM cards of 34 major Vietnamese banks that have an Internet Banking registration.

Following the opening of the new route, Vietjet Air bolsters their position as one of the largest operators between Vietnam and Thailand with a total of eight routes, including to Bangkok from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Hai Phong, and Da Lat, to Phuket and Chiang Mai from Ho Chi Minh City, in addition to the latest route between Ho Chi Minh City and Pattaya.

The latest air service to Pattaya is expected to greatly contribute to increasing the number of tourists that travel between Vietnam’s southern provinces and the Rayong and Pattaya region, in addition to facilitating the international visitors’ travel through both Tan Son Nhat International Airport and U-Tapao International Airport.

22 hours ago, 247 NEWS said:

The Ho Chi Minh City – Pattaya air route came into operation from December 23, with flights departing on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.The duration of each flight is one hour and 30 minutes, with departures from Ho Chi Minh City taking place at 13:25 before arrival at U-tapao International Airport in Pattaya at 14:40. Return flights will see departures from U-tapao International Airport at 11:25 before arriving back in Ho Chi Minh City at 12:55.

Are those planes staying overnight at U-Tapao or are they coming in from somewhere else before the flight to Sai Gon and going somewhere else after the flight from Sai Gon?

EDIT: Looked it up and it is a Thai airline, with planes based at U-Tapao. As such the times make much more sense.

EDIT2: Shame they don't have flights from Ha Noi to U-Tapao (yet), might be interested.

Edited by Freee!!

I was on this flight to HCMC last week.  It's a funny one as the plane is based in UTP and only does this one round trip a day where most LCCs, and even Vietjet themselves, usually get as many flights as they can out of a plane.  Perhaps they're doing training or something with a view to adding more routes?

Taxi mafia must still have some sort of hold at UTP as Mr. T refused to take us.  A friend of a friend took us instead for 700 baht.  No queue at check in when we arrived around 9:00am for an 11:25am flight.  We were asked to show flights out of Vietnam before they would check us in.  I had one and a printout with me, but my mate just had a printout of a made up booking from a template which passed inspection without a problem.

There is a small lounge in International departures and a sign with priority pass on it at the reception desk but when I showed them my Priority Pass card they said it was different and didn't count.  I wasn't expecting it as the Priority Pass website didn't mention a lounge there.

The waiting area was one big room with 4 gates as I remember and could probably get quite crowded if you had a few planes departing close together.

It's only a short flight so not much to say about it.  We hadn't ordered meals although I saw a few getting handed out.  Landed at SGN and bussed to the terminal.  Immigration was busy but efficient and we were through before our bags.  As at check in, immigration asked to see evidence of return flights.

I returned on Jetstar to BKK, but my mate just got back on this Vietjet flight to UTP again yesterday and used this company to get back to Pattaya for 800 baht.

https://www.utapaotaxiservice.com/

• Great Info 3

13 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Use Uber.. Taxi can't over charge.

Reports of Uber drivers being chased off the airport grounds, hence my mention of taxi mafia.  You might be lucky and get one but personally I don't need the worry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KWA said:

Reports of Uber drivers being chased off the airport grounds, hence my mention of taxi mafia.  You might be lucky and get one but personally I don't need the worry.

Book the driver on Uber and call him let him pick you up in the carpark or at the airport entrance.

its a brilliant little airport, with parking right by the entrance, no long walk, maybe 200 metres.  food court is a joke but the place is never busy, easy to get ticketed hardly ever any queues.  i flew 2 times amonth to phuket for 5 months and loved it. plus from my gaff its all of 20 mins drive.  beats BKK hands down.  

• Thumbs Up 2