Do you remember the first time you had to leave Pattaya?

Yesitisdakid

I think this will be a very interesting topic we all remember our first trip the excitement how we felt getting off the plane. Now think back can you remember that first trip when you were at the airport having to go home? I remember it like it was yesterday and it was over 20 years ago. Not wanting to get out of that airplane. Dreading having to go back to work. And more importantly thoughts kept going through my mind how can I get back as soon as possible. After my first trip I was definitely FFL

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It was a late night flight for me and I was bummed to be leaving after 10 days in Pattaya. More so because I violated the three day rule big time and spent the entire time with the lady I met my second day at Secrets. Larry, you may remember her. 

I was fortunate I had a job I really enjoyed to return to, but my productivity sure took a dive biding my time until my next trip back in three months time.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1

My first trip to Pattaya was a 3 day excursion from Bangkok,so when I left I was going back to Bangkok so no probs.

When I left Thailand though it was another story,back to the shithole of Saudi Arabia,while I wasn't in tears I wasn't at all happy.

• Like 1

The first time in Pattaya (and Thailand, in 1995) wasn't that interesting, more like the high quality tourist they said in later years to be aiming for. The next year I ended up in "bad" company (lovely girl) and I was back again for Song Kran 1997, at which time I became the depraved sex tourist I still am at heart (spent the whole two weeks with that same young lady 😉 ). 

56 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It was a late night flight for me and I was bummed to be leaving after 10 days in Pattaya. More so because I violated the three day rule big time and spent the entire time with the lady I met my second day at Secrets. Larry, you may remember her. 

I was fortunate I had a job I really enjoyed to return to, but my productivity sure took a dive biding my time until my next trip back in three months time.

I do remember indeed

My first trip to Thailand  ( Oct 1991 ) was three weeks in Phuket , I didn't make it to Patts until my second trip 

on the flight home we were discussing what we were going to call our bar ....

my second trip ( Feb 1993 ) we did Bangkok , Phuket , Samui  and Patts , so not enough time in each place to get overly attached 

• Thumbs Up 1

Always remember it and waiting for the Taxi to pick me up on Soi 8 picked me up around 2am as my flight was at 6am..

Ha looking back I remember landing on my first trip on two days back to back no alcohol ... wondered what the hell i've done... lol

I don't recall  leaving Pattaya  after my first trip ( 03)I had been to bkk several times before ,but I remember getting off the plane in Wellington it was blowing a howling southerly and 6c plus wind chill ( that wind comes direct from the antartic) and I was thinking  there is a better life out there

15 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

I don't recall  leaving Pattaya  after my first trip ( 03)I had been to bkk several times before ,but I remember getting off the plane in Wellington it was blowing a howling southerly and 6c plus wind chill ( that wind comes direct from the antartic) and I was thinking  there is a better life out there

My mate few back home landed at the airport in the UK walked outside and it was that cold he decided to get the next flight back to BKK..

• Haha 2

Living in BKK, the first Pattaya visit was just a WE, and I didn't really found it special. Probably because we were more familiar with our BKK hunting grounds.

Leaving Thailand after 10 year, nothing special except i cursed H.R. for moving me in the middle of the winter. Professionnally 10y in Thailand.was a negative on a technical point and promotion of view, and it took me time to catch up.

Edited by Thai Spice

mine was mid Jan 1993early flight,i could not wait to get out of the place,"never again" I said to the other blokes,i couldn't wait to get home and get ready to go back to the Philippines.

went back to Angeles april 1994 and never went back,come to Pattaya 96 and that ended my love affair with PI,

to you all notice that the trip home is always longer than going to LOS?

regards

grayray

Wasn't Patts , but my 1st trip to LOS what was meant to be 17 days turned into a month ..

I arrived back in The U.K (I was early 30s) thinking WTF has just happened .

I think it took 8 weeks before I was back out...

The rest is history , though I am definitely over feeling how I used to about Thailand , though still love the craziness of it.

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

My first trip to Thailand  ( Oct 1991 ) was three weeks in Phuket , I didn't make it to Patts until my second trip 

on the flight home we were discussing what we were going to call our bar ....

my second trip ( Feb 1993 ) we did Bangkok , Phuket , Samui  and Patts , so not enough time in each place to get overly attached 

My first 3 trips were to Phuket, Krabi, and Phang Nga for a couple of months and then back to BKK.  Then my 4th trip I did Hua Hin and all the surrounding provinces. I did not really feel the sting of leaving as I too don't think I got overly attached. Didn't discover Patts until years later. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes I do.

Like Larry,was over 20 years ago now,but I do remember it.

Woke up at 5am for a 5.30am pick up.

May travelled in the taxi to me to Bangkok,and I gave her all the money I had left on me.Got home to Vancouver,broke up with my then girlfriend,was back on a plane less that two weeks later.

Stayed for one month.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got back from my first trip and booked my second the next day.

I did the same after I got back from my second trip.

I thought I had discovered pussy heaven.

I had!

Did three trips each year for three years then a one way ticket 26 October 2006.

When I was not in Thailand I had to work 7 days a week to look after my 50 clients accountancy needs.

I had to pay my daughter ( who worked from home anyway) to run payrolls for me so her dad could find time to go to Pattaya! 🤣

• Thumbs Up 3

My first time in Pattaya was on my second trip to LOS, as my initial time spent in Thailand in Feb 1994 was all in Bangkok. When I discovered Pattaya, I was in love with the place! And a whopping 25 baht to the dollar! 150 baht bar fines and 1000 baht for an all nighter! Stayed at a soi 5 motel midway down for 350 baht, since demolished a few years later, and had a beer at Vic's Beer Bar, 40 baht, on Beach Rd just before Soi 6.

What followed was a baptism of pleasures I had not enjoyed since the "Eros Hauses" in Frankfurt, Germany nearly a decade before when I served in the US Army.

That trip ended those many years ago with a vow that THIS was the place I was going to live when I retire as I was boarding my flight home. The one memory that stands out is watching from across Beach Rd, seeing an old, beer bellied guy with grey hair, a deep tan, wearing speedos, wrap around sun glasses and a big smile on his face while he was holding hands with a very attractive, very petite early 20's Thai girl and walking down the Beach Rd.

At 29 years of age, that old guy instantly became my hero and I wanted to be like him when I got to be his age.

I'm on my way since I have acquired the beer belly. The speedos? Uh....I don't think so.

• Haha 2

Yes, was about 15 years ago 

I remember coming home on the plane thinking my life would never be the same again, and it wasn't.

My first thoughts when home were should I sell my apartment in Northern Ireland making a 600% profit, height of the Celtic Tiger property boom, biggest rise and crash in history. And sublet my Housing Association property in London.

Thankfully sense prevailed after I booked my next trip for 4 months time. Still have the apartment in Northern Ireland, though the crash brought it back to realistic value, and sill live in a Housing Association property in London. 

Sometimes I think I should have sold the apartment and made a gigantic profit and came to Pattaya. But I"d be skint now, especially with the exchange rate, then it was 69. Skint, no job, no Housing Association property in London, no nothing except thinking how stupid I had been. So did the right thing all in all. 

So I bought a small condo in Pattaya instead at that time, at 69 Baht to the GBP. And planned to retire there single and shag myself to death.

My, how that has changed :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 2

An interesting follow on question to this topic would be, how many look back and realize now that your first time to Pattaya was a fork in your road of life? It certainly was for me.

I was ready for a change in scenery, so my first trip to Pattaya was the catalyst for a big change in my life. After my return, not only did I make plans for another trip in three months time, but I also set in motion things I would need to do so that in six months time from that first trip I would be moving to Thailand. That included telling my business partners of my plans and that I wanted them to buy out my share in the business. I also told my then wife the handwriting had been on the wall for a couple of years our marriage wasn't working and it was time to pull the plug, and oh, BTW, I'm moving to Thailand. You probably could hear the chorus of WTF's from friends and family all the way to Thailand. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2