Do you remember the first time you had to leave Pattaya?

Yesitisdakid

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

An interesting follow on question to this topic would be, how many look back and realize now that your first time to Pattaya was a fork in your road of life? It certainly was for me.

I was ready for a change in scenery, so my first trip to Pattaya was the catalyst for a big change in my life. After my return, not only did I make plans for another trip in three months time, but I also set in motion things I would need to do so that in six months time from that first trip I would be moving to Thailand. That included telling my business partners of my plans and that I wanted them to buy out my share in the business. I also told my then wife the handwriting had been on the wall for a couple of years our marriage wasn't working and it was time to pull the plug, and oh, BTW, I'm moving to Thailand. You probably could hear the chorus of WTF's from friends and family all the way to Thailand. :default_biggrin:

No question it changed the path my life took that's okay for the better

Slightly off topic, but I'll glad I didn't discover Pattaya/Thailand until my 30's. 

By that time I had already did a lot of traveling, from working and staying all over Europe doing seasonal work like bulb factories in the Netherlands, picking peas in Denmark etc. Some great times, height of the rave scene, so followed the likes of Spiral Tribe etc, Squat parties. 

Then also lived in Zimbabwe for a while, also Montreal, though it was too Unioned up, couldn't get work.

But I don't know if i'd have done so much traveling except for Thailand had I discovered Thailand say late teens early 20's. 

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Slightly off topic, but I'll glad I didn't discover Pattaya/Thailand until my 30's. 

By that time I had already did a lot of traveling, from working and staying all over Europe doing seasonal work like bulb factories in the Netherlands, picking peas in Denmark etc. Some great times, height of the rave scene, so followed the likes of Spiral Tribe etc, Squat parties. 

Then also lived in Zimbabwe for a while, also Montreal, though it was too Unioned up, couldn't get work.

But I don't know if i'd have done so much traveling except for Thailand had I discovered Thailand say late teens early 20's. 

Same with with me. My first trip was in 2008 at the age of 53. Any sooner and I would have missed a whole host of other life experiences, not to mention not accumulating enough savings to retire early.

I was 23 and had already had enough of Club 18-30 holidays in Greece and Spain .... I have been to Thailand at least once a year since , but still have visited loads of other places along the way .. and that's the way I want to continue 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2