Switching phone providers keeping same number

Yesitisdakid

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I am with AIS for about the last 18 years same number but now other providers are offering much better deals for Data. I know i can get my number transfered but has anyone ever done this is it a pain in the ass to do ? I also wonder how long it took

I did the same in Oz recently. The process went

• Fill out online application with new provider.
  • Couple of days later received SIM from new provider in the mail.
  • Couple of days later received SMS from old provider asking if I authorised the switch. Reply YES or NO.
  • Replied YES. Couple of hours later network connection to old provider lost.
  • Inserted SIM from new provider in phone.
  • All up and going.

The point is, at least in Oz, you need a new SIM from the new provider. How they will organise that in Thailand I have no idea.

I assume that your current SIM is appropriately registered.

• Like 1

I did the same in Oz recently. The process went
  • Fill out online application with new provider.
  • Couple of days later received SIM from new provider in the mail.
  • Couple of days later received SMS from old provider asking if I authorised the switch. Reply YES or NO.
  • Replied YES. Couple of hours later network connection to old provider lost.
  • Inserted SIM from new provider in phone.
  • All up and going.
The point is, at least in Oz, you need a new SIM from the new provider. How they will organise that in Thailand I have no idea.
I assume that your current SIM is appropriately registered.

I have been told you need a new sim as well

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Found this...

http://help.mobiletopup.com/knowledge-base/can-i-change-my-network-and-keep-my-phone-number/

You can change old  to new network and keep same number.

Number portability was introduce in Thailand in 2014, and both prepaid and postpaid users get a free to change the an original network operator to the new ones or change from prepaid to postpaid.

A few things before you begin the process

• Account active with your original carrier active for more that 90 days and your number must be valid.
  • Your number must not be tied to contractual obligations with the former carrier
  • Your number must be registered, and the new register will place the number in the same name.
  • Prepaid users should use their entire balance, as balance and validity are not transferable
  • Postpaid users need to pay your final bill with your original carrier.

Documents

An application form, a photocopy of your identification card with signature and a receipt from your current mobile phone provider will be required.

Contact network provider

Contact call center providing services for more detail :  24/7 for your inquires or go to the counter services shop near your place

• AIS  : 1175
  • True Move H : 1242
  • DTAC : 1678

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Found this...

http://help.mobiletopup.com/knowledge-base/can-i-change-my-network-and-keep-my-phone-number/

You can change old  to new network and keep same number.

Number portability was introduce in Thailand in 2014, and both prepaid and postpaid users get a free to change the an original network operator to the new ones or change from prepaid to postpaid.

A few things before you begin the process

• Account active with your original carrier active for more that 90 days and your number must be valid.
  • Your number must not be tied to contractual obligations with the former carrier
  • Your number must be registered, and the new register will place the number in the same name.
  • Prepaid users should use their entire balance, as balance and validity are not transferable
  • Postpaid users need to pay your final bill with your original carrier.

Documents

An application form, a photocopy of your identification card with signature and a receipt from your current mobile phone provider will be required.

Contact network provider

Contact call center providing services for more detail :  24/7 for your inquires or go to the counter services shop near your place

• AIS  : 1175
  • True Move H : 1242
  • DTAC : 1678

Thank You

Larry, I did this process a few years ago.
Can’t remember the details but it was very quick. It involved a trip to the shop of the network I was leaving and then buying a new sim from the new network and requesting the transfer.
Took less than 24 hours.