COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

Anybody who thinks locking up the population, and a complete lock down of the city is the solution, should watch this...

A few views from daily life in Bejing (so, not the worst hit city) filmed by a french reporter who lives (and is married) in China since 15 years , and his comments are IMO objective.

This is th English subtitled version. Not sure about the translation, as the introduction in the French version is way more explicative about the political aspect. 

Amongst others : "Car il y a un virus que le Parti craint plus que tous les autres : celui de la liberté."

"There is one virus the Party fears more than any other : freedom ....."

There is also one about Wuhan, but made by CGTN (China Global Television Network), so more likely a propaganda piece for the Party !

just this phrase in the presentation says it all  : "This documentary goes behind the scenes in Wuhan, China and follows community heroes who are doing their best to keep the COVID-19

outbreak under control."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/06/two-british-airways-workers-test-positive-for-coronavirus-in-uk/

Two British Airways baggage handlers at London’s Heathrow Airport have tested positive for the coronavirus and are recovering at home, according to reports.

“Public Health England (PHE) has confirmed that two members of our staff have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus,” the airline said in a statement.

Baggage handlers, who work in teams, do not normally have any interaction with passengers.

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

For some, their ignorance knows no bounds. Completely blinkered about many things. 

Applies to those with both points of view IMO.  Some posters however just disagree with almost anything as turmoil and dissent in threads seems to give them a kick.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, KWA said:

Applies to those with both points of view IMO.  Some posters however just disagree with almost anything as turmoil and dissent in threads seems to give them a kick.

If speaking about me, it's normal...I am the only frog on here 🐸🐸🐸

And we are different ...😄😄😄😄😁😁😁😁

2 hours ago, KWA said:

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

If speaking about me, it's normal...I am the only frog on here 🐸🐸🐸

And we are different ...😄😄😄😄😁😁😁😁

I am sure he was speaking generically; also he uses the term posters which is plural, rather than single referring to an individual.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

And the media is making a killing of the whole story.  Strange that not any journalist was infected yet, and not any newspaper office quarantined ? 

I'm  excerpting a few sentences from an update by CBS News because they stand in opposition to some of the more sensational reporting on COVID-19.  My highlights and bold text:

"The health risks associated with the virus rise significantly with age and many younger, otherwise healthy people who contract it might show only mild symptoms, if any."

"If you're retirement age or older, or if you have underlying health problems, avoid crowds and anyone with cold or flu symptoms. Otherwise, wash your hands well and often, and don't panic."

"New travel restrictions and flight cancellations are announced daily, due as much to a lack of demand for travel as actual governmental policies."

Much more information than the text below is available on the full update page:

Coronavirus fear batters nerves and the economy as deaths top 3,800

"As China appeared to be getting over the initial onslaught of the coronavirus epidemic that started there, outbreaks continued growing Monday in the U.S. and Europe. A fast-growing list of schools, universities and other American institutions have asked people to stay home as the number of confirmed infections in the U.S. soars over 500.

"The new COVID-19 disease was blamed for at least 24 deaths in the U.S. as of Monday — a fraction of the more than 3,800 victims listed worldwide in figures compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Of the more than 110,000 people who have caught the virus globally, the Johns Hopkins data show that almost half — more than 62,000 — have recovered. The health risks associated with the virus rise significantly with age and many younger, otherwise healthy people who contract it might show only mild symptoms, if any.

"Nonetheless, its spread over the last week in the U.S. and, to a greater extent, Italy, has been dramatic. Italy has the largest outbreak outside China with more than 7,000 infected and at least 366 people who have died from the virus. More than 15 million people in northern Italy have been put under lockdown as the country begins to mimic the harsh restrictions that appear to be paying off in China.

"The still-rising numbers outside China continue to send shock waves through global stock and commodity markets. New travel restrictions and flight cancellations are announced daily, due as much to a lack of demand for travel as actual governmental policies.

"As the U.S. government races to catch up — and faces significant pressure over what many consider a late-to-the-game approach to wide-scale testing — the basic guidance to the general public remains the same: If you're retirement age or older, or if you have underlying health problems, avoid crowds and anyone with cold or flu symptoms. Otherwise, wash your hands well and often, and don't panic."

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Just been watching a news report from Italy, and talking to a consultant virologist at a Milan hospital.

They were saying social order is breaking down in some areas, also that the infection rates have went from 3000 to 9000 in 3 days, with another 100 dead today, bringing it to near 500 dead.

You do the percentages.

#justtheflubro

TAT update: Notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand on COVID-19 control measures

(EP note: my highlights in blue.  Given point 6., I wonder how many airlines will still fly into Thailand?)

Bangkok, 09 March, 2020 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform tourists, international and local, of the measures issued by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) on “Practical Guidelines for the Air Operators Relating to the Services to be Provided in the Territories outside Thailand Defined as Disease Infected Zones of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak.”

On 5 March, 2020, the Royal Thai Government Gazette announced the territories outside the Kingdom of Thailand: South Korea, Italy, Iran and China (including Hong Kong and Macau) as Disease Infected Zones for COVID-19. This announcement can be changed depending on the current situation.

On 8 March, 2020, the CAAT has issued the following guidelines for all air operators in order to provide practical guidance for the air operators performing flights between those Disease Infected Zones and to support the surveillance measures taken by the Ministry of Public Health.

1. Where the Ministry of Public Health defines any territory outside Thailand as a Disease Infected Zone of the COVID-19, passengers from such Disease Infected Zone shall be subject to quarantine and any other measures for the prevention and control of communicable diseases as imposed by the Government of Thailand.

2. Air operators providing services from the airport of embarkation in the Disease Infected Zones are required to perform the screening of the passengers at the time of check in. The passengers need to present a Health Certificate certifying that they have no risk of COVID-19. If any passenger is unable to present such certificate, boarding shall be denied and the boarding pass shall not be issued.

3. Air operators may apply the measure as specified in Item 2 for the screening of passengers from the airport of departure in the countries affected by COVID-19 from the report of the Ministry of Public Health or World Health Organisation. 

4. After being satisfied with the Health Certificate and the boarding passes are issued to the passengers, the air operators shall furnish the passengers with Form T8 issued under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015 and require the passengers to fill out the forms and submit them to the Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post at the airport of disembarkation.

5. The Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post at the airport of disembarkation have the power to issue an order under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015 as follows:

(1) Prevent anyone from entering into or leaving from the aircraft coming into Thailand without undergoing a medical examination. 

(2) Prevent any vehicle from approaching the aircraft.

(3) Take or make an order to the air operators to take the following action:

(a) Disinfect the disease in order to prevent and control the spread of the disease.

(b) Detain the aircraft at a specified place until the Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post permit to depart.

(c) Require the persons on board the aircraft to undergo a medical examination and may also isolate, quarantine, confine them for observation, or order to receive immunisation at a place and period to be specified.

6. Air operators shall be responsible for the expenses incurred relating to the isolation, quarantine, confinement for observation, and immunisation of the persons on board, including the expenses for the care, hospitalisation and prevention and control of international communicable diseases.

7. Air operators will strictly comply with the measures for the surveillance, prevention and control of dangerous communicable diseases issued by the Ministry of Public Health under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015.

8. Air operators shall notify their staff at the airport of embarkation and the crew members of the above guidelines and have them comply with full cooperation. The cabin crew shall also make an on board public announcement to the passengers.

The statement was issued by Mr. Chula Sukmanop, Director General, Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, on 8 March 2020.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Surprised 1

43 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

TAT update: Notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand on COVID-19 control measures

(EP note: my highlights in blue.  Given point 6., I wonder how many airlines will still fly into Thailand?)

Bangkok, 09 March, 2020 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform tourists, international and local, of the measures issued by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) on “Practical Guidelines for the Air Operators Relating to the Services to be Provided in the Territories outside Thailand Defined as Disease Infected Zones of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak.”

On 5 March, 2020, the Royal Thai Government Gazette announced the territories outside the Kingdom of Thailand: South Korea, Italy, Iran and China (including Hong Kong and Macau) as Disease Infected Zones for COVID-19. This announcement can be changed depending on the current situation.

On 8 March, 2020, the CAAT has issued the following guidelines for all air operators in order to provide practical guidance for the air operators performing flights between those Disease Infected Zones and to support the surveillance measures taken by the Ministry of Public Health.

1. Where the Ministry of Public Health defines any territory outside Thailand as a Disease Infected Zone of the COVID-19, passengers from such Disease Infected Zone shall be subject to quarantine and any other measures for the prevention and control of communicable diseases as imposed by the Government of Thailand.

2. Air operators providing services from the airport of embarkation in the Disease Infected Zones are required to perform the screening of the passengers at the time of check in. The passengers need to present a Health Certificate certifying that they have no risk of COVID-19. If any passenger is unable to present such certificate, boarding shall be denied and the boarding pass shall not be issued.

3. Air operators may apply the measure as specified in Item 2 for the screening of passengers from the airport of departure in the countries affected by COVID-19 from the report of the Ministry of Public Health or World Health Organisation. 

4. After being satisfied with the Health Certificate and the boarding passes are issued to the passengers, the air operators shall furnish the passengers with Form T8 issued under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015 and require the passengers to fill out the forms and submit them to the Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post at the airport of disembarkation.

5. The Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post at the airport of disembarkation have the power to issue an order under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015 as follows:

(1) Prevent anyone from entering into or leaving from the aircraft coming into Thailand without undergoing a medical examination. 

(2) Prevent any vehicle from approaching the aircraft.

(3) Take or make an order to the air operators to take the following action:

(a) Disinfect the disease in order to prevent and control the spread of the disease.

(b) Detain the aircraft at a specified place until the Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post permit to depart.

(c) Require the persons on board the aircraft to undergo a medical examination and may also isolate, quarantine, confine them for observation, or order to receive immunisation at a place and period to be specified.

6. Air operators shall be responsible for the expenses incurred relating to the isolation, quarantine, confinement for observation, and immunisation of the persons on board, including the expenses for the care, hospitalisation and prevention and control of international communicable diseases.

7. Air operators will strictly comply with the measures for the surveillance, prevention and control of dangerous communicable diseases issued by the Ministry of Public Health under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015.

8. Air operators shall notify their staff at the airport of embarkation and the crew members of the above guidelines and have them comply with full cooperation. The cabin crew shall also make an on board public announcement to the passengers.

The statement was issued by Mr. Chula Sukmanop, Director General, Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, on 8 March 2020.

They really want to kill tourism and business....

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

They really want to kill tourism and business....

to be fair, they have no choice.  i appreciate your views  but the truth is that as this is now global and exploding elsewhere, anything NOT done to prevent it, will end up being critisied if there is an outbreak here.  same as bars promoting water fights at songkran, if there is an outbreak after, they will be on a short rope.. and rightly.

As someone who's not in the best of health, so in the risk group this does bother me.  its not like other flus as no anti biotic will relieve its symptoms.  worse it, and the spread has destroyed the economy here in pattaya and, now, is taking its temper out on the stock exchanges.. which will lead to the world carsh we see every decade..  like it or not.. thats all fact.    think of the effect on everyones private pension plans.. seen it too many times

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

anything NOT done to prevent it, will end up being critisied if there is an outbreak here. 

This is the main reason. Everywhere. Open the umbrella and cover your ass.

Problem is it is done in panic, and doing so spreading more fear and panic.

Not saying they should do nothing, but this kind of decision should be taken calmly, tactically and not only with a  political view.

For me most of the reactions are madness. The overreaction everywhere is massive. it is like this thing is the worst problem the world had in the last 50 years.  FFS .....

Keep it in a mild control, yes people will die of it. Like 1000's die everyday from dozens of diseases. 

I am 67, I have 3 kids, of which 2 live in BKK. 1 works in a hotel, front desk, 1 in UNI. The one in France is stationed at the base used to rapatriate French residents from China. All have the same comment "this is complete madness".

And they continue their live normally as before. Same as me now having a beer.in the supermarket.

Saturday we're off to Java. A wedding. Probably 100's of people. I dont worry about it.  What worries me more is an idiot putting a travel ban between Java and Bali and me stucked in the village for weeks.

But that's me. Always been, and not gonna change now.

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Just been watching a news report from Italy, and talking to a consultant virologist at a Milan hospital.

They were saying social order is breaking down in some areas, also that the infection rates have went from 3000 to 9000 in 3 days, with another 100 dead today, bringing it to near 500 dead.

You do the percentages.

#justtheflubro

mate,why is Italy so effect by this virus/

the gaffers should have closed the place 10days ago when they found 25countries had infected people,traced directly back to Italy.

a day later it was 35 countries.

so why is Italy so effected,is it because the people live on top of each other?

over crowding in housing blocks?

I have always wanted to do a food tour of Italy,but all the planes from Australia,seem to only go as far as PI or LOS and they would dump me in those hellholes :default_071:

thank you dear budha

regards

grayray