COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

4 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Let me know because I was off in two weeks. Just about to do the same ....... would still go but can't figure out what Thailand want from foreigners ???

Self quarantine etc ???? Looks almost certain will have to cancel.

Pretty sure I won't be going now , looked at moving dates but the cost was £350 .... so I'm holding onto the flights in case UK or Thailand bring in restrictions, then hopefully the airlines will allow to cancel or move dates for free .... 

• Great Info 1

Think it will all go mango and durian shaped next week and you will probably be right. Just checked and my flights are still taking bookings for a fraction of what I paid just can't see it flying so to speak ....... few weeks ago we were all joking about people eating bats in Wuhan Market and now global panic as people fight over toilet rolls.

Didn't see that one coming when I bought my ticket :default_cry:

Edited by nampla69
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, grayray said:

Mike,

I to have sorted out my send off,all paid for with 5/6000aud leftover to throw on the bar or me sister can just do what she wants with it

music will be at the start,Queens "Another one Bites the Dust" and finishing with ACDC "Highway to Hell".

and my ashes to be dropped in the local lake on a out going tide,at the place I loved both as a kid and adult.

I don't fear death,just the manner I go,best deal would be,go to sleep and never wake up,i hope I don't go screaming out for me mum.

regards

grayray

Sure hope you meant to say local seashore beach instead of lake. I know of no lakes with a tide. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Pretty sure I won't be going now , looked at moving dates but the cost was £350 .... so I'm holding onto the flights in case UK or Thailand bring in restrictions, then hopefully the airlines will allow to cancel or move dates for free .... 

Who are you flying with? I thought most airlines had removed the changing  flight penalties...

I return to the UK in 10 days.... i'm checking the Emirates website daily, and the "my booking" bit, which, at the moment, says my flights are as I booked them, except they have substituted an empty a380 for a just as empty b777 for the first leg. I'm expecting changes...but have a plan b, c and d in place!

for those of you thinking of coming to the LOS.. as long as you can get here... once you are here you will find that yes it is quiet, but there is no panic, life is normal and shops are full.  people are going about theior normal business, markets are busy and it aint that bad.  will that change.. who knows but to be fair, heat and drought aside, its still a great place to be, and ps.. we have bog rolls but dont tell everyone :)

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Who are you flying with? I thought most airlines had removed the changing  flight penalties...

I return to the UK in 10 days.... i'm checking the Emirates website daily, and the "my booking" bit, which, at the moment, says my flights are as I booked them, except they have substituted an empty a380 for a just as empty b777 for the first leg. I'm expecting changes...but have a plan b, c and d in place!

Sounds like he may have booked through an agency..I just cancelled my flight 18th march to nepal with emirates,was going hiking to everest base camp,gokyo lakes,few 5000 m peaks ect ect,24 days wasgonna be staying in various lodges ,feckin sick,months of planning and training for this,nepal gov cancelled all visas and all expeditions to climb everest this year.Im getting the full refund £660 may take up to 15 days off course,thinks its the same with most airlines if you have booked in a certain time period.Come back from 25 days in thailand yesterday,flight to dubai was chocka,tho they did change my flight from 1am to 2am.

Not many people wearing face masks on both flight,thought it was funny, one guy s face was full of dread few rows in front of me as he had 2 old chinese ladys sitting in his row,with face masks on.

Restricted from going to work[offshore] tho for 14 days,so bloody stuck in uk,cant even go back to thailand cos that would put me back another 14 days once back to uk,hey ho off to scotlands mountains ill go.

Edited by Phantom51red

Just spoken to an English chap at the pool.

He's meant to return home on Tuesday, with EVA air.

He had an email yesterday saying flight cancelled. No reason,  and he has to phone their office to rebook.

Except the office is shut on sundays...

Monday's flight also cancelled, so he has booked a separate ticket on Wednesday, and will argue the toss when he gets home.

48 minutes ago, Painter said:

Just spoken to an English chap at the pool.

He's meant to return home on Tuesday, with EVA air.

He had an email yesterday saying flight cancelled. No reason,  and he has to phone their office to rebook.

Except the office is shut on sundays...

Monday's flight also cancelled, so he has booked a separate ticket on Wednesday, and will argue the toss when he gets home.

The airline industry in six months ain't gunna look anything like it is today.

Below is a memo to staff of Delta from the CEO. Staff of most airlines are likely to receive similar memos over the next few days or weeks.

MEMO

To: Delta people worldwide

Subject: The Challenge Facing Us – COVID-19 Impact Growing Rapidly

Earlier this week, I updated you on the steps we are taking to protect our people, our customers and our business amid the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. In just the few days since, the situation has worsened considerably, with large public events cancelled, businesses suspending travel, and popular destinations facing heightened government travel restrictions, including a 30-day ban to continental Europe announced Wednesday night.

Demand for travel is declining at an accelerated pace daily, driving an unprecedented revenue impact.  Cancellations are rising dramatically with net bookings now negative for travel over the next four weeks. To put that in perspective, we're currently seeing more cancellations than new bookings over the next month.

The speed of the demand fall-off is unlike anything we've seen – and we've seen a lot in our business. We are moving quickly to preserve cash and protect our company. And with revenues dropping, we must be focused on taking costs out of our business.

In order to do this, we are taking difficult but determined actions to protect the financial position of the company. These include:

• An overall capacity reduction in the next few months of 40 percent – the largest capacity reduction in Delta's history, including 2001.
  • Nearly eliminating flying to continental Europe for the next 30 days, which could be extended. We will maintain service to London.
  • Parking up to 300 aircraft as our reduced capacity requires a substantially smaller fleet.
  • Deferring new aircraft deliveries to manage our reduced capacity and preserve cash.
  • Reducing capital expenditures by at least $2 billion for the year, including delaying aircraft mods, IT initiatives and other opportunities to preserve cash.
  • Immediately offering voluntary short-term, unpaid leaves as well as an immediate hiring freeze.
  • Substantially reducing the use of consultants and contractors.

We'll be making more critical decisions on our response in days to come. The situation is fluid and likely to be getting worse. But what hasn't changed is this: Delta remains better-positioned to weather a storm of this magnitude than ever before in our history. We've spent a decade building a strong, resilient airline powered by the best professionals in the business. We will get through this, and taking strong, decisive action now will ensure that we are properly positioned to recover our business when customers start to travel again.

In coming days and weeks, every one of us will have an opportunity to contribute to Delta's durability. That ranges from considering a voluntary leave that works for you and your family, to identifying opportunities to save money in your division or department, to volunteering for the Peach Corps to help our customers and colleagues at the airport. I ask all of you to see what you can do to help us save cash.

In light of these developments, I'm foregoing 100 percent of my salary, effective immediately, for the next six months.

We are in discussions with the White House and Congress regarding the support they can provide to help us through this period. I'm optimistic we will receive their support. That said, the form and value is unpredictable, and we can't put our company's future at risk waiting on aid from our government.

Above all, nothing is more important than the care, safety and health of our customers and each other. That includes the many steps we are taking to keep our planes and facilities clean and disinfected, as well as our never-ending commitment to flight safety even among these distractions. We need to assure our customers it is safe to fly in all respects, now more than ever. We also understand the need for social distancing as a means to protect our customers and each other, and we encourage all of our people to be mindful of every opportunity to reduce the risk of transmission at work and in your daily lives. This is a severe crisis.

I know many of the newer members of the Delta family have never experienced this level of uncertainty in our business. Your veteran colleagues will tell you that we have been through turbulent times before, and what has always carried us through has been our commitment to our values, our culture and each other. I am confident that we will emerge from this crisis as a strong, trusted global brand that truly connects the world like no other. And we will be stronger for having gone through this experience.

I continue to be honored and humbled to lead this team. I will give you another update early next week. Thank you for all that you are doing, and will continue to do in the days ahead, to care for the Delta family and our customers. 

Ed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Sure hope you meant to say local seashore beach instead of lake. I know of no lakes with a tide. 😉

well if you lived where I do,Lake Macquarie NSW Australia,the tide comes in and goes out in the channel that runs from Pelican,thru Swansea and out to sea,every day.

the channel is the entrence to the lake

regards

grayray

5 hours ago, tommy dee said:

for those of you thinking of coming to the LOS.. as long as you can get here... once you are here you will find that yes it is quiet, but there is no panic, life is normal and shops are full.  people are going about theior normal business, markets are busy and it aint that bad.  will that change.. who knows but to be fair, heat and drought aside, its still a great place to be, and ps.. we have bog rolls but dont tell everyone 🙂

Problem is Tom not a clue what the Thais want us to do ....prove we're Covid free .... self quarantine  ..... wash your hands while humming the Thai national anthem ......

not a clue mate but I guess it keeps changing. + That Minister for Public Health seems to tweet when he's had a few late night Leo's and Lao Kaos.

Meanwhile Thai Embassy UK lots of news on trade visits but fcuk all on travel updates. :default_fish:

7 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Problem is Tom not a clue what the Thais want us to do ....prove we're Covid free .... self quarantine  ..... wash your hands while humming the Thai national anthem ......

not a clue mate but I guess it keeps changing. + That Minister for Public Health seems to tweet when he's had a few late night Leo's and Lao Kaos.

Meanwhile Thai Embassy UK lots of news on trade visits but fcuk all on travel updates. :default_fish:

+ the risk of being quarantined when you arrive back home ?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Painter said:

Qatar , only removed completely  for countries like Italy 

• Thumbs Up 1

EVA Air European flights refund or rebooking fee exempt for flights up to end of April. Will surely change to later, save me £180. I'm thinking more and more of moving everything to a January trip. 

【 France / Austria / Netherlands / United Kingdom Route 】

Updated: 14MAR'20

1. Eligibility For passengers holding EVA/UNI AIR tickets with confirmed booking on BR/B7 France/ Austria/ Netherlands/ United Kingdom flights.

A.Ticket issued/reissued date : on/before 2020-03-14. 

B.Travel date : on/before 2020-04-30. 

2. Applicable period 

The application must be submitted on/before 2020-04-30. 

3. Provisions of Rebooking/Reissue 

A. Passengers may change to the new BR/B7 flight/date departing on/before 2020-12-31 and the reissue fee will be waived for ONE transaction 

(a) Itinerary with BR/B7 flights only: 

(b) Tickets with interline connecting flight involved, re-accommodation must be made in accordance with applicable EVA/UNI AIR fare rule within same destination (city) and the fare/tax differences should be collected.

(c) For conditions other than above, please refer to applicable EVA/UNI AIR fare rule and the fare/tax difference should be collected. 

B. No-show passengers will not be exempted from no-show fee.

C. For tickets purchased from travel agents, please contact the original issuing agent for rebooking and ticket change. 

4. Refund 

A. Refund fee of the tickets and/or ancillary services will be exempted.

B. For tickets purchased or modified from EVA AIR official website, please submit a refund application through EVA AIR website. For tickets purchased from EVA/UNI AIR ticketing channels, please contact EVA/UNI AIR reservation and ticketing office to arrange a refund. 

C. For tickets purchased from travel agents, please contact your travel agent for refunds. 

5. Refund fee could be waived for the reissued tickets. 

6. Award ticket and upgrade with mileages 

Please contact EVA/UNI AIR reservation and ticketing office for rebooking or refund. The service fee can be exempted for ONE transaction. Expired miles are exempt from collection ONE transaction, provided the revised itinerary meets the same criteria as the previous ticket. 

7. Group passengers 

Please refer to the original issuing agent. 

8. Free and reduced fare tickets

Such as ID/AD/DM tickets, are not applicable to this provision.

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EVA also saying they're going to 'adjust frequencies' of their flights -

EVA Air statement about COVID-19 (Update on March 14)

Update on March 14 for European flights

In response to continued coronavirus outbreak in Europe, Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has issued level 3 travel advisories for European countries today (March 14). According to CECC's instructions, travellers arriving from these areas, including airline crew, should follow a 14-day home quarantine. 

As the precautionary measure will limit the number of our cabin crew who can work on board, EVA will maintain normal schedules of its European flights today and tomorrow (March 15). From March 16, we will adjust the frequencies of our flights to Europe based on passengers' travel demand and assignment condition of our cabin crew. EVA will provide refund or ticket change services for passengers who hold its tickets to Europe. For related rules and information, passengers can visit EVA’s Coronavirus disease 2019 website at https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/2019-nCoV.html.

• Thanks 1

EVA Air to 'adjust frequency' of flights from Europe to Thailand -

EVA Air statement about COVID-19 (Update on March 14)

Update on March 14 for European flights

In response to continued coronavirus outbreak in Europe, Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has issued level 3 travel advisories for European countries today (March 14). According to CECC's instructions, travellers arriving from these areas, including airline crew, should follow a 14-day home quarantine. 

As the precautionary measure will limit the number of our cabin crew who can work on board, EVA will maintain normal schedules of its European flights today and tomorrow (March 15). From March 16, we will adjust the frequencies of our flights to Europe based on passengers' travel demand and assignment condition of our cabin crew. EVA will provide refund or ticket change services for passengers who hold its tickets to Europe. For related rules and information, passengers can visit EVA’s Coronavirus disease 2019 website at https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/2019-nCoV.html.

I can see this happening pretty soon.  BKKians will flee to Pattaya as they did in the floods.,  BKK anbd area is likely to be the first to see, if anywhere, a burst of covid.  

cant say its a good thing but as wqe are now for the first time seeing panic buying in some places,, that will only escalate as its on the news now so more will do it

gawd help us.

• Like 1