COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1880290/virus-puts-paid-to-songkran

The government will postpone the Songkran holiday and ban large public gatherings, including entertainment venues, sport and education activities, in fresh efforts to handle the spread of Covid-19.

Still, it insists that the country has not yet entered Stage 3, when community transmission of the virus becomes widespread.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, meanwhile, called for calm and assured that efforts to delay the spread of the virus were not in vain.

Anybody have any real figures about the infected and deaths in Thailand? 

Talking with the TW tonight she told me one death only and that the hot weather up north is helping. Now, she's not thick but I'm very sceptical as to where she got her info (Thai news channels she said). 

Thais will believe anything on Thai news channels. 

2 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Talking with the TW tonight she told me one death only and that the hot weather up north is helping. Now, she's not thick but I'm very sceptical as to where she got her info (Thai news channels she said). 

Official figures are still only one death , haven't seen anything else 

Official COVID19 update in Thailand on Monday:‬
🔸147 people infected (+33 change)‬
🔸37 discharged (+2 change)‬
🔸109 in hospital‬
🔸1  dead‬

• Great Info 1

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

🔸109 in hospital‬
🔸1  dead‬

She wasn't far wrong then 55555. Thanks for the info Stillearly. 

4 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Well I am currently "Up North" and it is really hot that is for sure!

As I was driving back last week it was showing 41c in Tak which is 81kms from Mae Sot where it was 38c when we arrived. That is more to do with the pollution from burning old crops obscuring the sun.

No feedback that there have been any identified infections in this region as yet.

I am keeping a used mask just to wear when going to the big stores so I don't get accused of being a dirty farlang who never showers and brings filthy disease to Thailand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

🔸109 in hospital‬
🔸1  dead‬

The situation on 16 March 2020 at 8.00 a.m. 1. There are currently 108 confirmed cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) being actively treated in hospitals, 38 cases have recovered and have been sent home, and there has been one death, which brings the total number of COVID-19 cases detected in Thailand thus far to 147. 2. From 3 January to 16 March 2020 at 11.00 A.M., the total number of patients under investigation (PUI) was 6,545 people. Of those, 276 PUI were detected from screening at ports of entry, and 6,269 people sought medical services on their own at hospitals. 4,312 cases have recovered and returned home, but a few of these cases have been sent home and are being continually monitored. Most of the PUI were infected with seasonal influenza, and 2,233 PUI are still being admitted to hospitals for further testing. 3. As of 7:00 a.m. on 16 March 2020, since 5 January 2020 the international situation involves 154 countries, two special administrative regions of China, and cruise ships, there were 167,543 confirmed cases and 6,455 deaths. 80,849 of these confirmed cases and 3,199 of these deaths are from the People's Republic of China. 2. The Ministry of Public Health reported one COVID-19 confirmed case recovered and was discharged from the hospital and there are 33 additional confirmed cases

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

The situation on 16 March 2020 at 8.00 a.m. 1. There are currently 108 confirmed cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) being actively treated in hospitals, 38 cases have recovered and have been sent home, and there has been one death, which brings the total number of COVID-19 cases detected in Thailand thus far to 147. 2. From 3 January to 16 March 2020 at 11.00 A.M., the total number of patients under investigation (PUI) was 6,545 people. Of those, 276 PUI were detected from screening at ports of entry, and 6,269 people sought medical services on their own at hospitals. 4,312 cases have recovered and returned home, but a few of these cases have been sent home and are being continually monitored. Most of the PUI were infected with seasonal influenza, and 2,233 PUI are still being admitted to hospitals for further testing. 3. As of 7:00 a.m. on 16 March 2020, since 5 January 2020 the international situation involves 154 countries, two special administrative regions of China, and cruise ships, there were 167,543 confirmed cases and 6,455 deaths. 80,849 of these confirmed cases and 3,199 of these deaths are from the People's Republic of China. 2. The Ministry of Public Health reported one COVID-19 confirmed case recovered and was discharged from the hospital and there are 33 additional confirmed cases

The situation Really I would have started with "The Stated Situation ".

JDM

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Painter said:

On another forum there are reports of a Belgium bloke testing positive in pattaya.  Now in isolation elsewhere in the country.

ONLY HERESAY ON MY PART. I HAVE SEEN NO PRESS REPORTS, OR HAVE ANY EVIDENCE. 

has anyone heard anything concrete? @tommy dee??

dont know who he was but yes, he cam here, then went up country somewhere, where he got sick and was diagnosed.  so i guess TECHNICALLY we have had a case yet.  but i am certain many have had nationally and not reported it.    

From the Bangkok Post:
Cabinet approves plans to close schools, postpone Songkran

The cabinet on Tuesday approved plans to postpone next month's Songkran New Year holiday and to close schools to limit the spread of the coronavirus, a government spokeswoman said.

The approvals followed a series of plans announced on Monday to close schools, bars, movie theatres, cockfighting arenas and other entertainment centres as well as postpone the Thai New Year holiday, which falls between April 13 to 15.

"The cabinet approved that the Songkran holiday be postponed and schools closed," Ratchada Thanadirek, the government's deputy spokeswoman, told Reuters.

She added that closures of entertainment venues would be up to the discretion of each provincial governors, adding that more details would be available later.

6 minutes ago, Painter said:

Gf has just told me bars, cinemas, massage shops, entertainment  venues all closed IN BKK from tomorrow for a fortnight. Apparently she saw it on the TV.....

Pattaya News reporting the same. Won't be surprised if Pattaya announces the same.

UK Foreign Office now saying no non essential travel anywhere in the world for at least next 30 days.

So if any flights still even going, travel insurance would be void. 

Though can't see any taking off from the UK.

• Great Info 1

30 minutes ago, Krapow said:

UK Foreign Office now saying no non essential travel anywhere in the world for at least next 30 days.

So if any flights still even going, travel insurance would be void. 

Though can't see any taking off from the UK.

So if they're not taking off from the UK, how do nationals get home...?

*gulp*