COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Was due to fly on 30th March -27th April 

just messaged Bangkok Airways about my internal flights as well , online I can't cancel , but hoping they will offer something.. 

Cheers mate...

Good luck with BKK Air 

• Like 1

Entered at BKK yesterday afternoon.  Forced into a single file at one point on the walk to immigration for thermal screening.

Instructed to use AOT app and create electronic T8 form before being allowed up the ramp to immigration control.  Paper ones weren't accepted and the immigration guy didn't want to see the electronic one either (no queues).  I don't know what would happen to anyone who denied having a smartphone.

The delay for the T8 meant no one was through to collect baggage so it mounted up on the belt until it jammed. Half full 2 class A380 so a smaller aircraft might get away with it.

Rest of airport also quiet and only 4 other passengers on Bell's Bus.  Sukhumvit Rd, Pattaya Nua, Third Road all very quiet at around 3:30 - 4:00pm.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, KWA said:

Instructed to use AOT app and create electronic T8 form before being allowed up the ramp to immigration control.  Paper ones weren't accepted and the immigration guy didn't want to see the electronic one either (no queues).  I don't know what would happen to anyone who denied having a smartphone.

Could you say more about the app, please.

I assume you filled in the form in the app, and thus submitted it. Is that correct?

Do you have to give the app permission to access your location, and to keep location switched-on on your phone?

Cheers.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:45 AM, Krapow said:

Do you think hotels will be next?

On 3/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, boydeste said:

Can't close hotels as you will put people  out on the street. Ffs.

Including me!

All hotels to be closed in Spain from Tuesday.

People staying in them told to contact their airlines to arrange to be flown out ASAP!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

People staying in them told to contact their airlines to arrange to be flown out ASAP!

Some hotels in the U.K. , changing to free accommodation for NHS staff , Gary Nevilles hotels and Abramovich have made theirs available 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

Could you say more about the app, please.

I assume you filled in the form in the app, and thus submitted it. Is that correct?

Do you have to give the app permission to access your location, and to keep location switched-on on your phone?

Cheers.

The app insists you have Bluetooth on and that it can access your location.  It asks for a picture of the photo page from your passport, then mostly the same information as on the TM6 with the addition of countries visited and a health declaration.  I don't know if the information was sent anywhere and the IO wasn't interested in checking I'd registered.  I have since removed the app and switched Bluetooth off, but if the authorities know my phone number I'm sure they can track me down if they want.

• Thanks 1

Would it be right to assume all those workers who were employed in the 'entertainment' industry in whatever guise are probably all fucking off home until they have work again, and as such potentially spreading the virus?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

That's fair enough,  they are giving notice and keeping airports open.

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Would it be right to assume all those workers who were employed in the 'entertainment' industry in whatever guise are probably all fucking off home until they have work again, and as such potentially spreading the virus?

Yes, all those remote villages that probably would be unlikely to catch it will now be at risk me thinks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

According to mrs Esco its already widespread in Isaan due to many Thais having returned home from the likes of Singapore where they work.

Some people a few sois down from us in Buriram alledgedly infected too.

While that may be village gossip, God forbid my mother in law gets it now because she will not be able to fight off the virus in her condition, and it could wipe out a lot of elderly in villages across Isaan too. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KWA said:

Just heard my local (Pattaya) restaurant had a visit after I left last night and agreed to stop selling alcohol.  Bars with food licences supposedly getting closed too.

When Kilkenny starts calling itself a restaurant and is packed with people drinking beer while other bars are closed you know the writing is on the wall.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

According to mrs Esco its already widespread in Isaan due to many Thais having returned home from the likes of Singapore where they work.

Some people a few sois down from us in Buriram alledgedly infected too.

While that may be village gossip, God forbid my mother in law gets it now because she will not be able to fight off the virus in her condition, and it could wipe out a lot of elderly in villages across Isaan too. 

Yea, both my parents and my wife's are in their 70's, all have some kind of health issue, most in their 70's would. If any caught it, I doubt they'd make it. 

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yes.

I know I bird that couldn't get a bus back to buriram for 3 days as they are all fully booked.

Thais aren't testing people unless they present at a hospital for a test.

5 hours ago, KWA said:

Just heard my local (Pattaya) restaurant had a visit after I left last night and agreed to stop selling alcohol.  Bars with food licences supposedly getting closed too.

Good. How fucking ignorant can some people be. Thinking they can go to a foreign country and break it's laws whilst putting the local people at risk. Some people have no shame. Hope the Coronavirus sinks them.

Edited by dcfc2007

10 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Good. How fucking ignorant can some people be. Thinking they can go to a foreign country and break it's laws whilst putting the local people at risk. Some people have no shame. Hope the Coronavirus sinks them.

Not seeing what law was broken. The original closure notice exempted restaurants.

Just now, forcebwithu said:

Not seeing what law was broken. The original closure notice exempted restaurants.

It exempted 'restaurants' on the conditions such as adequate spacing, sanitising etc. These places aren't restaurants they are bars that sell food masquerading as restaurants and many of them were only selling alcohol really. It is taking the piss. The Thai govt has put in place a law to protect the people in the country and foreigners should obey that law.