COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

38 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Plenty of Westerners living in Thailand like that too!

Yep.

I always chuckle when I see them advertised as 'condo/apartment for sale'.

They are literally bedsits.

Some of them going for 1.5 million baht as well. Crazy if you pay that for a bedsit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

With the ever-shrinking size of places in the UK, a lot of people back there won't be any better off. No wonder self-isolation isn't popular with a certain segment of the population.

Good point as well. Although mainly a problem for London and the South East.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, fygjam said:

Man with coronavirus spits at passenger before collapsing dead on train

This is the horrifying moment a man with coronavirus spat at another train passenger before being found dead in a carriage.

Anan Sahoh’s lifeless body was discovered on Tuesday after he boarded a train from Bangkok to Narathiwat in the south of Thailand the day before.

He was later confirmed to have Covid-19 and officials disinfected the carriage and ordered anyone onboard to quarantine for 14 days.

But when CCTV footage from the station was checked, officers were horrified to learn what Anan, 56, had done as he bought his ticket.

Footage shows Anan on a crutch ignoring social distancing lines on the ground, before he spits in a man’s face.

He then walked away and took the train on which he was found dead.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/02/man-coronavirus-spits-passenger-collapsing-dead-train-12497286/

Wondering if this guy has been added to the official stats available,  doesn't seem to have risen since this incident.

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Latest Stickman weekly had a link to a Thai's first person account of arriving Friday and the runaround they got, and lack of information they received on being quarantined. Very interesting read. Don't know that I would have had the patience to endure what they endured.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10GsRLntAI78fv2A1jCJ4HUJqcrHTbtqavGDCDQmhtbY

What a cluster f**k....I guess for those of us "in the  know" we shouldn't be surprised. I am not coming back until it is better for sure. Sad as my wife has a niece graduating from Engineering School in Dec.....I hope it gets better and we will be back by then to attend this. 

• Sad 1

Yet another House near me has put up a red flag as if some wee flag or a bottle of green fanata is going to keep out coronavirus!

You need a proper BIG flag to keep the coronaspuds away! 🤣

GOONERS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Interesting news about new restrictions for traveling in and out of Pattaya. Not only this a solution in search of a problem, I don't see how this will work in practice. It would be mean major disruption to those traveling north and south that have no intention of entering Pattaya.

Reminds me of their half assed attempts at managing traffic flow during the construction of the underpass. Then, after less than a week of trying to implement one way restrictions they pretty much gave up and went back to what constitutes normal for Pattaya.

Pattaya City officially taking measures to restrict access to city, mask wearing requirements will be mandatory

Pattaya City is preparing extensive measurements for city closure restrictions manned by checkpoints, preventing most access, in order to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Corona virus.

The Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunplueam told The Pattaya News this evening while visiting Bali Hai Pier to deliver food supplies that City Officials are planning to restrict access to Pattaya City after conducting a survey of the remaining tourists and foreigners in the city in accordance with the hotel closures late last week.
There are two main choices of restricting access to Pattaya city, according to the Mayor:

1. Close by using the road along the railway in the west (local road). Only six roads entering Pattaya will be opened. This will essentially close off the majority of the so called Dark Side from being able to come and go during this period.
  2. For Sukhumwit Road: about six roads entering inner Pattaya to be closed.

This is a map released by Pattaya City Law Enforcement of the proposed checkpoints and closure areas.

fb_img_15861764553983272554315887106336.

In addition, there will be a formal announcement for everyone in Pattaya to wear face masks when going outside to be issued. People refusing to wear masks or caught outside without one could face stiff penalities under Thai law.

The order has NOT been finalized and issued yet and is not yet effective. The order will likely come into place tomorrow after a meeting of the Communicable Disease Committee but has not yet been officially announced.

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

Yet another House near me has put up a red flag as if some wee flag or a bottle of green fanata is going to keep out coronavirus!

You need a proper BIG flag to keep the coronaspuds away! 🤣

GOONERS.jpg

Nice picture of Charlie George on top of that and Corona would run a mile .............. no chance the old Covid19 ...... 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Interesting news about new restrictions for traveling in and out of Pattaya. Not only this a solution in search of a problem, I don't see how this will work in practice. It would be mean major disruption to those traveling north and south that have no intention of entering Pattaya.

Reminds me of their half assed attempts at managing traffic flow during the construction of the underpass. Then, after less than a week of trying to implement one way restrictions they pretty much gave up and went back to what constitutes normal for Pattaya.

Pattaya City officially taking measures to restrict access to city, mask wearing requirements will be mandatory

Pattaya City is preparing extensive measurements for city closure restrictions manned by checkpoints, preventing most access, in order to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Corona virus.

The Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunplueam told The Pattaya News this evening while visiting Bali Hai Pier to deliver food supplies that City Officials are planning to restrict access to Pattaya City after conducting a survey of the remaining tourists and foreigners in the city in accordance with the hotel closures late last week.
There are two main choices of restricting access to Pattaya city, according to the Mayor:

1. Close by using the road along the railway in the west (local road). Only six roads entering Pattaya will be opened. This will essentially close off the majority of the so called Dark Side from being able to come and go during this period.
  2. For Sukhumwit Road: about six roads entering inner Pattaya to be closed.

This is a map released by Pattaya City Law Enforcement of the proposed checkpoints and closure areas.

fb_img_15861764553983272554315887106336.

In addition, there will be a formal announcement for everyone in Pattaya to wear face masks when going outside to be issued. People refusing to wear masks or caught outside without one could face stiff penalities under Thai law.

The order has NOT been finalized and issued yet and is not yet effective. The order will likely come into place tomorrow after a meeting of the Communicable Disease Committee but has not yet been officially announced.

wont affect anyone going n to s.  the main motorway is not part of the plan.  so chop off at both ends of the suk and the incoming motorway link, and use railway road to cut off to the dark side..  per the map.. job done.

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

wont affect anyone going n to s.  the main motorway is not part of the plan.  so chop off at both ends of the suk and the incoming motorway link, and use railway road to cut off to the dark side..  per the map.. job done.

I meant the north and southbound traffic on Sukhumvit. Once they're past the checkpoints on Sukhumvit, what's to stop them from turning into Pattaya. The only way I can see them stopping that from happening is to allow entry to only those with an address in Pattaya, or making deliveries. If you're just passing through, you'll be forced to turn around and make a rather large detour to get where you want to go.

Edited by forcebwithu

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I meant the north and southbound traffic on Sukhumvit. Once they're past the checkpoints on Sukhumvit, what's to stop them from turning into Pattaya. The only way I can see them stopping that from happening is to allow entry to only those with an address in Pattaya, or making deliveries. If you're just passing through, you'll be forced to turn around and make a rather large detour to get where you want to go.

thats the game plan, and the minor routes will be blocked too i think

Sign on the bike path around Mabprachan Reservoir and the entrance to the road over the dam announcing a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Didn't see anyone enforcing the closure. I did see about 20 people out running and biking. Hopefully they only enforce the closure notice for those coming to the area to party, but turn a blind eye to those just using the area for exercise.

P4070058.jpg

P4070059.jpg

4 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

So they're going to cut-off the Dark Side from the shops and supermarkets in Pattaya? How's that going to work for the people living out there?

Plenty of shops and supermarkets on the DS. No hardship in that regard. I do question why they need to do this at this time though.

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Plenty of shops and supermarkets on the DS. No hardship in that regard. I do question why they need to do this at this time though.

Maybe they're worried about all the people leaving Pattaya for the Songkran celebrations up-country with their extended families, eating and drinking and smoking and, of course, sharing everything, and then returning to the city possibly infected with the virus? My neighbour just down the road left with her kid to go and stay with the family in Trat for Songkran, I'm guessing she left early because of the 24-hour curfew rumours yesterday. Too late to stop people from leaving for the provinces, just like it was in Bangkok, but if you can stop them returning then you can keep the virus out of the city, and that is presumably the mayor's top priority.

2 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Maybe they're worried about all the people leaving Pattaya for the Songkran celebrations up-country with their extended families, eating and drinking and smoking and, of course, sharing everything, and then returning to the city possibly infected with the virus? My neighbour just down the road left with her kid to go and stay with the family in Trat for Songkran, I'm guessing she left early because of the 24-hour curfew rumours yesterday. Too late to stop people from leaving for the provinces, just like it was in Bangkok, but if you can stop them returning then you can keep the virus out of the city, and that is presumably the mayor's top priority.

As I said, I do question why they need to do this at this time. Seems like an OTT measure considering there were just 51 new cases yesterday and 3 deaths. Plus the trend for new cases is down. All they need do is enforce the social distancing and the wearing of face masks measures already in place. That should be sufficient to keep the number of new cases down. If not, and the trend in new cases starts to go the other way, then that's the time to look for more drastic measures.

image.png

image.png

If it keeps us safe here in Pattaya then I'm all for it. It might be OTT, but if so then it's easily reversed once that becomes clear. OTOH, if they allow thousands of possibly infected people to return to the city after the 15th then all the economic pain and personal inconvenience we're put up with so far may end up being wasted.

8 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

If it keeps us safe here in Pattaya then I'm all for it. It might be OTT, but if so then it's easily reversed once that becomes clear. OTOH, if they allow thousands of possibly infected people to return to the city after the 15th then all the economic pain and personal inconvenience we're put up with so far may end up being wasted.

From Jambo's recent post, don't think you need to be worrying about an influx of people into Pattaya.

No official announcement yet, but latest post on Pattaya News FB page (link) has an updated map on the closure of Pattaya. Looks like through traffic on Sukhumvit will only have to divert to the road paralleling the railroad.

They also state "The closure of Pattaya will begin Thursday at 2:00 PM according to City Hall".

One comment on FB raised a good point. What are you going to do if you live outside Pattaya and need to go to immigration. Hopefully when more details are released they'll have a list of exceptions with that being one.

92559392_665696890847990_480003268668293120_n.jpg

My lady had mentioned a few days ago they would be spraying their magic chemical on our soi sometime this week so as to render our soi free from CV-19. When she told me that I was imagining they were going to use the spray machine mounted on the flatbed truck. With that in mind I warned her to make sure all windows and doors were closed, and to make sure the dogs were inside when they came through. Then once they finished to wait an hour or two before opening up the house again. I also told her she should pass on the same advice to her Thai friends on the soi.

Well the big day arrived and I rushed out to snap a pic. Let's just say it was great to have some comic relief during these stressful times.

DSC_0004.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 3