COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

5 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Tourism, tourist destinations and hotels will be improved so that tourists will have confidence and return to Thailand. 

How many dozens of times we heard that ? 

After each coup d'etat, tsunami, farang murders, etc....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

How many dozens of times we heard that ? 

After each coup d'etat, tsunami, farang murders, etc....

And what exactly would you expect them to say in such circumstances?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Qatar have been operating more flights than most during this pandemic so it's unexpected, if it's actually correct.  However, Qatar yesterday updated a good chunk of their schedule with their latest plans, including Winter 2020, which starts on the 25th October, and Cardiff was included.  I expect that during this process something has gone awry and your flight has been temporarily removed from the booking system and a computer has generated this reaction.  If you look at QR's own website you can currently book from Cardiff on QR322 departing 14:15 with several options on to Bangkok.

If you're on this flight, ask your Travel Agent why is it still bookable?  If it's another flight number/time ask why can't you be changed to it?

Apoligies! I should have been flying on 22nd flight qr324 not the 25th. It is saying not available. But like you say flights are available from 25th. We had actually decided that we did not want to make this trip in light of the situation which has unfolded since making the booking and we were hoping they would cancel. I now have to sort out how to minimise my losses.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Thai government are proposing to remove China from the list of dangerous disease zones, thus preparing the ground to let the little yellow buggers back into the country.

Doubt if the bar owners will be throwing a party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, monkeyman said:

The Thai government are proposing to remove China from the list of dangerous disease zones, thus preparing the ground to let the little yellow buggers back into the country.

The source of that seems to be: https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/08/thai-public-health-minister-proposes-china-and-south-korea-removed-from-list-of-dangerous-disease-zones-waiting-for-full-ccsa-approval/

The final paragraph of that article is:

The Pattaya News notes that possibly removing the designation of South Korea and China as disease related zones does not guarantee citizens of those countries will be allowed entry or foreign flights will take place anytime in the immediate future. With the proposed requirement of a mandatory fourteen day quarantine it is unlikely tour groups would be back anytime soon, although individual long term travelers could be in the future.

3 hours ago, monkeyman said:

Lol.

The Chinese are covering up a massive outbreak of Covid in the north of the country.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://bit.ly/3fvbrvD?fbclid=IwAR1F03Nm2sr_U8cWWF6tjjeIoJhfQvyg2jFvAw0LVJDGxjO9u_UL_m6aJTU

Bang Saen beach covered in rubbish after one day of reopening. Nice to see things getting back to normal.

The rubbish is along the high tide line. Suspect most of the garbage has been washed ashore rather than from people on the beach.

4pm.jpg

Edited to add: Seems garbage washed ashore has been a long term problem. Article from 2013.

Insurmountable trash washed up on Bang Saen beach reaching 10 tons per day

7 October 2013 – Not far from Bangkok, Bang Saen Beach in Chon Buri, a well-known tourist destination, is experiencing a bombardment of up to 10 tons of trash being washed up on its shores daily. 

The 4.5 kilometer beach, also known as “Bang Saen the Utopia”, is currently dealing with its chronic problem of trash and sediment polluting the area. Mayor of Saen Suk, Narongchai Khunplome elaborated on the issue that each annual monsoon will bring in trash collected from various “rivers’ mouths” or deltas, as the beach is geographically located in a point that particularly receives a lot of the ocean’s incoming waves.

Up to 10 tons of waste and garbage are washed up on the shores of Bang Saen beach each year – making it necessary for officials to start the clean up from as early as 5 am each morning in order to prepare the beach for tourists.

Trash-catching buoys have also been installed to help alleviate the problem, but with limited results. According to the Pollution Control Department (PCD), the trash buildup amounted to 16 million tons for the whole year of 2012, or approximately 43,000 tons per day.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The rubbish is along the high tide line. Suspect most of the garbage has been washed ashore rather than from people on the beach.

4pm.jpg

Yes i thought exactly the same FBWY unless the backhoe or persons have arranged it as so for ease of picking up but it don't think so.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

15 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

4pm.jpg

Edited to add: Seems garbage washed ashore has been a long term problem. Article from 2013.

Insurmountable trash washed up on Bang Saen beach reaching 10 tons per day

7 October 2013 – Not far from Bangkok, Bang Saen Beach in Chon Buri, a well-known tourist destination, is experiencing a bombardment of up to 10 tons of trash being washed up on its shores daily. 

The 4.5 kilometer beach, also known as “Bang Saen the Utopia”, is currently dealing with its chronic problem of trash and sediment polluting the area. Mayor of Saen Suk, Narongchai Khunplome elaborated on the issue that each annual monsoon will bring in trash collected from various “rivers’ mouths” or deltas, as the beach is geographically located in a point that particularly receives a lot of the ocean’s incoming waves.

Up to 10 tons of waste and garbage are washed up on the shores of Bang Saen beach each year – making it necessary for officials to start the clean up from as early as 5 am each morning in order to prepare the beach for tourists.

Trash-catching buoys have also been installed to help alleviate the problem, but with limited results. According to the Pollution Control Department (PCD), the trash buildup amounted to 16 million tons for the whole year of 2012, or approximately 43,000 tons per day.

Same here...

Tides and winds are the reasons.  Happens every year.

Anyone want to guess the nationality of the three arrested?

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg 

Pattaya News.JPG

Three foreigners arrested for swimming on Pattaya area beaches, allegedly refusing to listen to soft warning1589009425073-696x522.jpg?v=1589011138

By  Adam Judd

Pattaya-  Pattaya Police arrested three foreigners this morning who were violating the Governor of Chonburi’s orders to stay off of public beaches at around noon at the back of a hotel in the Pratumnak area.

A video of the incident can be found here, taken by our video reporter:    https://youtu.be/8jetba8gmk8

Pattaya City Law Enforcement officers told The Pattaya News that they had given several soft warnings to those foreigners while they were in the water but they refused to stop swimming and shrugged off the warnings.

1589009414034.jpg

Pattaya City Law Enforcement stated that after the foreigners refused to listen to them they were forced to arrest the three. The nationality and names of the foreigners were not released by Pattaya Police.

1589009411322.jpg

All three were were taken to the Pattaya City Police Station for further legal action.

The punishment is up to one year in jail or a fine up to 100,000 baht or both. These fall under strict emergency decree laws meant to stop the control of the spread of the Covid19 Coronavirus.

1589009428912.jpg

The beaches have numerous signs and tape to clearly state they are closed. Officials have said the closure of beaches is primarily to discourage travel from people from other provinces until the situation is resolved in Thailand.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg 

Pattaya News.JPG

Three foreigners arrested for swimming on Pattaya area beaches, allegedly refusing to listen to soft warning1589009425073-696x522.jpg?v=1589011138

By  Adam Judd

Pattaya-  Pattaya Police arrested three foreigners this morning who were violating the Governor of Chonburi’s orders to stay off of public beaches at around noon at the back of a hotel in the Pratumnak area.

A video of the incident can be found here, taken by our video reporter:    https://youtu.be/8jetba8gmk8

Pattaya City Law Enforcement officers told The Pattaya News that they had given several soft warnings to those foreigners while they were in the water but they refused to stop swimming and shrugged off the warnings.

1589009414034.jpg

Pattaya City Law Enforcement stated that after the foreigners refused to listen to them they were forced to arrest the three. The nationality and names of the foreigners were not released by Pattaya Police.

1589009411322.jpg

All three were were taken to the Pattaya City Police Station for further legal action.

The punishment is up to one year in jail or a fine up to 100,000 baht or both. These fall under strict emergency decree laws meant to stop the control of the spread of the Covid19 Coronavirus.

1589009428912.jpg

The beaches have numerous signs and tape to clearly state they are closed. Officials have said the closure of beaches is primarily to discourage travel from people from other provinces until the situation is resolved in Thailand.

Russians for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Russians for sure.

No Russians here on the West Coast USA...photo from yesterday.
There is a shelter in place/social distancing order still in effect. 
Recreation is OK, though.

20200508-IMG_1977.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg 

Pattaya News.JPG

By  Adam Judd

1589009414034.jpg

1589009411322.jpg

1589009428912.jpg

Stupid waste of manpower...  But hey, you have to set "examples" I guess and make a bit of P.R. .......

Idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I reckon one looks Ukrainian .... others Russian for sure .. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

That's what I've also heard from a friend who is usually well-informed about such things. However, I don't know for sure.

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg

Ukrainians and Russians sure have known bigger problems than worrying about a beach acces ban .....  

On 5/7/2020 at 11:35 PM, Stillearly said:

Think credit card dispute will be the only way forward , if they are no longer providing the service you have paid for then full refund should be the case ..

Good  call Ian, I rang up my credit card company last night and explained the situation, they could not understand why they were not offering me a full refund, and so they set up a dispute. I come of the phone to the bank and emailed PH Travel informing them that a Credit Card Dispute had been set up and it would be in the interesst of all parties if they agreed to give me a full refund and I would then call off the Credit card dispute. I received the following email this morning:

Screenshot_2020-05-10 Email - gary mcauley - Outlook.png

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, Binlid said:

Good  call Ian, I rang up my credit card company last night and explained the situation, they could not understand why they were not offering me a full refund, and so they set up a dispute. I come of the phone to the bank and emailed PH Travel informing them that a Credit Card Dispute had been set up and it would be in the interesst of all parties if they agreed to give me a full refund and I would then call off the Credit card dispute. I received the following email this morning:

Screenshot_2020-05-10 Email - gary mcauley - Outlook.png

I'd wait to call off the dispute until the funds show up.  10-12 business weeks.  Sheesh.