COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

1 hour ago, monkey_omelette said:

I'd let the girl girl in the multicoloured blouse and white bikini top sit on my face. Looks like a nice set of child bearing hips on her.

Yes, no social distancing with Her.

52 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

The Tourism and Sports Ministry is considering a tax of 300 baht or less per person for foreign arrivals that could cover pandemic insurance, once inbound flights and tourism activities resume in the country.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1916332/tourism-levy-mulled

Sounds far too sensible, it'll never happen. Many practical shortcomings, like how are the PM and his cronies going to take their cuts, lol? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

The Tourism and Sports Ministry is considering a tax of 300 baht or less per person for foreign arrivals that could cover pandemic insurance, once inbound flights and tourism activities resume in the country.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1916332/tourism-levy-mulled

I guess thats on top.of the mandatory health insurance they spoke about last year ?  😁😁😁😁

What a joke these people are.....

Just daydreaming over a cup of coffee having slept in till 11am

Its a pity that there are no instant testing kits widely available a bit like instant tests for blood coagulation that they do at hospitals. 

A great scenario would be to arrive an hour earlier at an airport, get swabbed and tested.  Those who show to be negative are given a pass card stapled to passport. Those who show positive for C19 are not allowed to board. Then seating capacity could resume as normal. 

At the destination you pass card has to be shown at immigration confirming that you are not carrying the virus

Of course its a pipe dream but it would solve a lot of problems getting back to flying to Thailand 

I can't see flights and immigration at BKk getting anywhere back to normal despite airlines starting back up in July 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Its a pity that there are no instant testing kits widely available a bit like instant tests for blood coagulation that they do at hospitals. 

A great scenario would be to arrive an hour earlier at an airport, get swabbed and tested.  Those who show to be negative are given a pass card stapled to passport. Those who show positive for C19 are not allowed to board. Then seating capacity could resume as normal. 

At the destination you pass card has to be shown at immigration confirming that you are not carrying the virus

Of course its a pipe dream but it would solve a lot of problems getting back to flying to Thailand 

I can't see flights and immigration at BKk getting anywhere back to normal despite airlines starting back up in July 

North Korea ?

9 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

North Korea ?

I know very little about N. Korea but I would not associate my thoughts with a state controlled insular country. 

Most airports have eye cameras these days. Big bother has been around for a while as a result of terrorism. 

No one likes delays at airports in response to terrorism but we accept it as part of safety.  I would gladly arrive an hour early if swab tests were required. But that's just me. 

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

There are. The online clinics now selling instant testing kits.

7 minutes ago, farangme said:

There are. The online clinics now selling instant testing kits.

All the better and it's possible. But not at £195 a throw. But if they roll them out even better. If they have machines like blood test ones then they just need a slide for the specimen they only cost pennies. So it would be possible to test quickly on a mass scale taking a few seconds. But of course they would need to be 100% accurate could also help passenger confidence and of cause airline staff. I think I will write to the PM tomorrow 😊

3 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

All the better and it's possible. But not at £195 a throw. But if they roll them out even better. If they have machines like blood test ones then they just need a slide for the specimen they only cost pennies. So it would be possible to test quickly on a mass scale taking a few seconds. But of course they would need to be 100% accurate could also help passenger confidence and of cause airline staff. I think I will write to the PM tomorrow 😊

I've no idea how much but certainly available. I believe in Thailand they are 400 Baht.

Edited by farangme

45 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/13/pattaya-police-bust-large-pool-party-and-arrest-44-people-for-violation-of-covid-19-emergency-decree-and-breaking-curfew/

Pattaya Police bust large pool party and arrest 44 people for violation of Covid-19 emergency decree and breaking curfew

Likely well connected rich kids in a mafia run town...

Tea money, a scolding and a party next week somewhere more discrete.

I mean, it is Thailand after all, isn't it?

• Like 2