COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

I went into the local Tesco Lotus Express convenience store yesterday. A girl took my temperature and applied hand sanitiser, then she gave me a laminated card with the number '6' on it. I got what I wanted, paid and went to leave, then remembered the laminated card. so I gave it back to her but she didn't look grateful. Now what the heck was all that about?

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

I went into the local Tesco Lotus Express convenience store yesterday. A girl took my temperature and applied hand sanitiser, then she gave me a laminated card with the number '6' on it. I got what I wanted, paid and went to leave, then remembered the laminated card. so I gave it back to her but she didn't look grateful. Now what the heck was all that about?

Fool, it had her phone number on the back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I noticed that 83.80% said that they attached more importance on health and 12.87% said they thought freedom was more important

Probably depends.on the profile of the people polled. Country, age, etc.... 

Freedom is the most important thing in my live. 

Whats the point of being healthy but in jail ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

It's just a sign that the average Thai has no idea what freedom really is, since they've never experienced it.

If your concept of freedom is being allowed to maim or kill yourself while riding with three others on a scooter with no crash helmets, while at the same time being forbidden from saying or writing anything openly critical of the powers that be (even if they're riding out the virus storm in a foreign land), then you probably won't regard that version of freedom as being terribly important. 

We in the west take our freedoms for granted. Which makes it all the more sickening to see them being sacrificed on the altar of 'diversity'.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

We in the west take our freedoms for granted. Which makes it all the more sickening to see them being sacrificed on the altar of 'diversity'.

I understand the term "diversity" and the use of the expression "alter of diversity"  but I do not understand your particular useage with regard to the "sacrifice of (western) freedoms" ?

I consider myself to be a free man. I am free to think and speak my mind without fear of being thrown into prison. 

Free to leave my home whenever I chose. Free to practice any Religion I may chose if I wish. 

However what is probably implies is that some freedoms have been taken away on a temporary basis, such not being able to go to the pub, or football match or gather in a large crowd etc

But we have always had LAWS which could be considered for public safety.  It's illegal to carry a gun or knife, its illegal to buy and sell narcotics, its illegal to assault another person and the list goes on and on. So we have always been restricted of certain freedoms which are deemed dangerous for society 

The current lockdowns across the world have merely been put in place to protect their citizens and slow down the spread of a highly contagious virus. 

None of us like those restrictions and some do not agree with them being in place but on the whole we are a free nation and we are free people. The restrictions are for the safely of the population in general and will only exist while this Pandemic is still present. 

Like it or not, democratically we elect our governments and they make decisions on behalf of their country. They may not always get it right but that is how the system works and there are opposition parties for checks and balances. 

If some members were in China and criticising the Chinese government, they could end up being carted off to jail and never seen again. Here and in most. Western countries.we have the freedom of press and the freedom to criticise our governments and our politicians 

If we had a State of Martial Law that might me a different matter but it has not been considered necessary to activate the army to keep control of public behaviour 

The majority are voluntarily controlling their own behaviours during the C19 Pandemic 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I understand the term "diversity" and the use of the expression "alter of diversity"  but I do not understand your particular useage with regard to the "sacrifice of (western) freedoms" ?

Freedom of speech, freedom of political assembly. 

Citing 30 potentially offensive tweets, the PC singled out a limerick Mr Miller had retweeted which  questioned whether transgender women are biological women. It included the lines: "Your breasts are made of silicone, your vagina goes nowhere."

Even though no crime was committed, sharing the limerick online was recorded as a ‘hate incident’.

PC Mansoor Gul told Mr Miller: “I’ve been on a course and what you need to understand is that you can have a foetus with a female brain that grows male body parts and that’s what a transgender person is."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/24/man-investigated-police-retweeting-transgender-limerick/amp/

Germany has made public burning of the EU flag or that of another country punishable by up to three years in jail, classing it as a hate crime.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-52674809

Edited by dcfc2007

52 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Germany has made public burning of the EU flag or that of another country punishable by up to three years in jail, classing it as a hate crime.

Well exercise your freedoms when travel is again possible and burn a Thai flag in public when you get back to Thailand.

Let us know how you get on.

• Haha 1

United States COVID-19 Score -- 92,188 Dead as of 19 May, 2020

Fighting the virus -- controlling contacts -- has become a political issue...right vs. left. Not to be discussed on here, of course.

Social distancing and masks have proven to be an effective deterrent. However, with new infections held in relative check people want to resume "normal" life.

No one knows if there will be a significant national spike in new infections. Still very hard to gauge as testing is limited.

. . .

Two Americas: Lockdown Left vs. Re-open Right

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/05/15/two_americas_lockdown_left_vs_re-open_right_143212.html

12 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

You did not answer my question with the above.

What you stated previously just sounds like pretentious bollocks to me.

11 hours ago, Jambo said:

You did not answer my question with the above.

What you stated previously just sounds like pretentious bollocks to me.

I did.

Believe whatever you want.

Freedoms in the UK are being eroded away.

Pubs, bars and entertainment venues will be allowed to reopen in the coming weeks if the daily count of new virus cases stays in single digits, the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced on Tuesday (May 19).

CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said the number of shoppers surged on Sunday as low-risk and moderate-risk businesses (listed “white” and “green”, respectively) reopened as second-phase restrictions were eased and the ThaiChana contact-tracing platform was deployed. He added that social distancing improved on Monday.

Dr Taweesin said “red” businesses (medium to high risk) would be allowed to reopen in the fourth phase of relaxation, depending on the daily case count.

He reported that the Covid-19 situation is improving, with new daily cases dropping to single digits for the past 22 days. The CCSA will assess the situation every 14 days. If the single-digit trend continues, reopening of “red” businesses is likely to come faster, he added.

Taweesin emphasised that everyone should keep their guard high to maintain the low infection rate, which would help everyday life return and boost customers’ confidence in “red” businesses.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388123

Well at least the village swimming pool reopened on Monday, so I can enjoy a daily dip. I couldn't care less about the shopping malls, and it turns out that the GF and I are just as happy enjoying a sundowner sitting on the patio as we are going down a bar, but I really need a decent swim every day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Social distancing in Big C on Klang foodcourt and restaurants.  Won't do much for business if they've more than halved or quartered capacity.  Locally run places I passed on the way home might have removed a table or two to give more space, but not to the extent of these.

social 01.jpg

social 02.jpg

social 03.jpg

social 04.jpg

Edited by KWA
  • Like 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I love the part where they say "the Covid-19 outbreak that was wreaking havoc on people from all walks of life". 

No you brain dead tossers, it's your policies that are doing that now.

Capture twats.JPG

Absolutely no reason to extend it. 

In much worse hit countries all over Europe everything is slowly getting back to normal. Why on earth would Thailand be any different with hardly any cases? 

Mind boggling. 

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Esco said:

In much worse hit countries all over Europe everything is slowly getting back to normal. Why on earth would Thailand be any different with hardly any cases? 

Mind boggling. 

I'm sitting here trying to think of a reply to that but there is nothing more to say. Mind boggling sums it up perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Esco said:

Mind boggling. 

I was just about to reply with a similar response. 

If the stats are to be believed in Thailand I am shocked there appears a need for the restrictions presently in place or even to think of extending the period further.

• Thumbs Up 3