COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

3 hours ago, KWA said:

Social distancing in Big C on Klang foodcourt and restaurants.  Won't do much for business if they've more than halved or quartered capacity.  Locally run places I passed on the way home might have removed a table or two to give more space, but not to the extent of these.

social 01.jpg

social 02.jpg

social 03.jpg

social 04.jpg

It could be that the big shopping centers are under much more scrutiny to strictly observe the official rules and restrictions.

Our three main shopping malls/centers in Mae Sot fully reopened this week. By that I mean all the smaller non-food shops have reopened plus customers can sit and eat food rather than just use a takeaway service. The the seating arrangements however are very similar to the above which hardly appeals to small groups and family members.

My wife visited the large Tesco complex today and commented on all the smaller shops having reopened.  Sai also mentioned a large police presence basically who seemed to be checking that all the rules were being complied with within the shopping mall.

It really does feel like "big brother" is watching us!

I am really starting to get really bored with all this.

I get disappointed when the clouds keep blowing away without it pissing down with rain. The fucking weather forecast is wrong every single day.

3 hours ago, KWA said:

social 01.jpg

social 03.jpg

I wonder what will happen when the cool season arrives and half the Thai population catches a cold? You won't make any friends if you sneeze or cough in these places, even if it's just a bog-standard cold rather than C19.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I wonder what will happen when the cool season arrives and half the Thai population catches a cold? You won't make any friends if you sneeze or cough in these places, even if it's just a bog-standard cold rather than C19.

A lot of poorer Thais hide out in air conditioned shopping malls during the hottest season. I wonder how they got though March and April.

😕

22 hours ago, KWA said:

Social distancing in Big C on Klang foodcourt and restaurants.  Won't do much for business if they've more than halved or quartered capacity.  Locally run places I passed on the way home might have removed a table or two to give more space, but not to the extent of these.

social 01.jpg

social 02.jpg

social 03.jpg

social 04.jpg

Absolute f****** nonsense, wifey and i live together or has that fact escaped their intention. Any credibility this government had in dealing with the virus is rapidly disappearing imo.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

Control, control, control...

"Thailand’s National Security Council (NSC) on Thursday called for a one-month extension to the emergency rule currently enforced against the COVID-19 pandemic."

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/05/21/security-agency-calls-for-1-month-extension-to-emergency-rule/

14 hours ago, Bazle said:

And we can guess why, why, why!!

Oh yes indeed.

10 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Absolute f****** nonsense, wifey and i live together or has that fact escaped their intention. Any credibility this government had in dealing with the virus is rapidly disappearing imo.

I was thinking exactly the same, I can have a girl that I've known for ages come to my house, we can do all sorts of nasty things together and then if I take her for food we have to sit apart ? There's some Somchai jobsworth sitting a padded cell somewhere in Bangkok coming out with these ideas and then others thinking oh what a great idea, let's do that.

Just totally mind boggling.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Reports are that some hotels in Hua Hin are showing 80% occupancy for this weekend as thais prepare to flock there this weekend. 

Good to hear but with no bars open i find that somewhat strange, perhaps they're all going for the sightseeing and not the drinking.

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Good to hear but with no bars open i find that somewhat strange, perhaps they're all going for the sightseeing and not the drinking.

I would imagine it will be mostly thais so horse rides on the beach, seafood and Leo's from the seven. It's great to see. Like the folk at Southend, people are voting with their feet and deciding that they know what's best for their own health. 

Edited by dcfc2007

44 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I would imagine it will be mostly thais sl horse rides on the beach, seafood and Leo's from the seven. It's great to see. Like the folk at Southend, people are voting with their feet and deciding that they know what's best for their own health. 

I don't think they care for the bars but what about the beach? Is it open or closed in HH? 

17 minutes ago, Esco said:

I don't think they care for the bars but what about the beach? Is it open or closed in HH? 

14 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Good question mate, not a clue? 

Confusion reigns in Thailand, WTF knows ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

According to the farang manager of the Hua Hin marriott. The beach is open, the pools are open, but alcohol served at the bar must be taken to the room. I don't know if true or not, just passing on what I'm reading. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

According to the farang manager of the Hua Hin marriott. The beach is open, the pools are open, but alcohol served at the bar must be taken to the room. I don't know if true or not, just passing on what I'm reading. 

At least you got a result, i've been trying to find out what the rules and regs are with regard to inter provincial travel with no success. I read this morning in the BP in a Covid article that its still currently banned/restricted and will be reviewed on the 27/28th May but buses are leaving Bangkok to the North and Northeast daily and many farangs have posted on the forums that they have traveled inter provincial and gone through police checkpoints with no problem.

So WTF is going on ? 

At least you got a result, i've been trying to find out what the rules and regs are with regard to inter provincial travel with no success. I read this morning in the BP in a Covid article that its still currently banned/restricted and will be reviewed on the 27/28th May but buses are leaving Bangkok to the North and Northeast daily and many farangs have posted on the forums that they have traveled inter provincial and gone through police checkpoints with no problem.

So WTF is going on ? 

To my knowledge inter-provincial travel is discouraged but not prohibited. Some provinces had more rigorous checks on incoming visitors than others. However, most of these checks seem to have all but disappeared now. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2020 at 8:40 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Apparently only Pattaya and Phuket beaches are closed, other beaches are open which would explain the travel of local tourist to Hua Hin at least. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/23/2020 at 9:15 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

So WTF is going on ? 

Yep    ---

Seems like many are wondering the same thing. They have so much info. spread out. Simplify and consolidate.

Hope you're doing well Cliff.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Yep    ---

Seems like many are wondering the same thing. They have so much info. spread out. Simplify and consolidate.

Hope you're doing well Cliff.

I've never been so confused in my life lol, we're both doing fine mate, hope you are also.

Pattaya News.JPG

Fabulous 103FM helps the needy in Pattaya, gives away nearly a thousand meals and continues to help those in need daily

By
 Adam Judd
 -

fab1give.jpg?resize=696%2C696&ssl=1

Pattaya-

The Fabulous 103FM Media group, led by President Thomas Robson, gave away nearly 1000 sets of food on Friday morning to those in need at the Fabulous 103FM office located on Soi Chaiyapruek 2 in the Bang Lamung District.

This, however, was only the tip of the iceberg of what the organization has been doing during the current period that is seeing thousands of businesses and people out of work due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus crisis. Pattaya, which is a city nearly wholly dependent on tourism and which draws millions of visitors a year for its world famous nightlife, tourist attractions and hospitality industry, still remains nearly completely shut due to government rules despite not a single case of the virus in the city in forty days.

Mr. Robson, his staff and members of the Huay Yai Municipal Staff have also been visiting the poor and needy directly in the most poverty stricken areas of the Chonburi area, directly bringing food and supplies to those who need it most. They have raised food and supplies for many other donations and charity groups around the city to help ensure that while businesses and venues remain closed those who wish to help the local community but don’t have funds to do so can.

Here is a great video introduced by Suzi Quatro which explain what they have been doing:

If you would like to help Fabulous 103 FM help the needy and unemployed of Pattaya during this crisis, please see the link below:

https://gogetfunding.com/fabulous-103fm-food-funding-for-the-poor-in-pattaya-thailand/?fbclid=IwAR2I32Wclg1hap6EInsX1iTGu2UWk6Y3VVlTulv2709uQPjNpzS8pE7nLds

Here are some photos from this weekends give away, in which nearly a thousand people showed up, including many children, standing in the blazing hot sun to get a meal.

fab1give2.jpg?resize=696%2C392&ssl=1

fab1give3.jpg?resize=696%2C391&ssl=1

fab1give4.jpg?resize=696%2C392&ssl=1

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Pattaya News.JPG

Fabulous 103FM helps the needy in Pattaya, gives away nearly a thousand meals and continues to help those in need daily

By
 Adam Judd
 -

fab1give.jpg?resize=696%2C696&ssl=1

Pattaya-

The Fabulous 103FM Media group, led by President Thomas Robson, gave away nearly 1000 sets of food on Friday morning to those in need at the Fabulous 103FM office located on Soi Chaiyapruek 2 in the Bang Lamung District.

This, however, was only the tip of the iceberg of what the organization has been doing during the current period that is seeing thousands of businesses and people out of work due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus crisis. Pattaya, which is a city nearly wholly dependent on tourism and which draws millions of visitors a year for its world famous nightlife, tourist attractions and hospitality industry, still remains nearly completely shut due to government rules despite not a single case of the virus in the city in forty days.

Mr. Robson, his staff and members of the Huay Yai Municipal Staff have also been visiting the poor and needy directly in the most poverty stricken areas of the Chonburi area, directly bringing food and supplies to those who need it most. They have raised food and supplies for many other donations and charity groups around the city to help ensure that while businesses and venues remain closed those who wish to help the local community but don’t have funds to do so can.

Here is a great video introduced by Suzi Quatro which explain what they have been doing:

If you would like to help Fabulous 103 FM help the needy and unemployed of Pattaya during this crisis, please see the link below:

https://gogetfunding.com/fabulous-103fm-food-funding-for-the-poor-in-pattaya-thailand/?fbclid=IwAR2I32Wclg1hap6EInsX1iTGu2UWk6Y3VVlTulv2709uQPjNpzS8pE7nLds

Here are some photos from this weekends give away, in which nearly a thousand people showed up, including many children, standing in the blazing hot sun to get a meal.

fab1give2.jpg?resize=696%2C392&ssl=1

fab1give3.jpg?resize=696%2C391&ssl=1

fab1give4.jpg?resize=696%2C392&ssl=1

fantastic work tommy and mr e

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 3:20 AM, Esco said:

Apparently only Pattaya and Phuket beaches are closed, other beaches are open which would explain the travel of local tourist to Hua Hin at least. 

They're open in Rayong.

I was enjoying a drink (Coke) last night at Prom Guest House across from Tree Town. Around 6:30 pm there was a flurry of activity and the food carts parked up along Buakhao made a hasty exit. A few minutes later a couple of BIB walked through the area making a show of checking the place out and then left. About 20 minutes later the food carts returned and it was business as usual.

The reality is, at least in the early evening hours, there are no large groups of people hanging around. What I've seen is at most a couple of friends standing around having a chat, and guys negotiating a price with the FL's wandering around the area. Hardly worth a complaint to city hall.

Pic of the area that was filled with food carts just after they left. Didn't take a pic of when they returned as I'd hate for that pic to end up being used against them.
IMG_20200524_183627.jpg

• Like 3