COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

On 5/24/2020 at 5:39 PM, Evil Penevil said:

Pattaya News.JPG

Fabulous 103FM helps the needy in Pattaya, gives away nearly a thousand meals and continues to help those in need daily

By
 Adam Judd
 -

fab1give.jpg?resize=696%2C696&ssl=1

Pattaya-

The Fabulous 103FM Media group, led by President Thomas Robson, gave away nearly 1000 sets of food on Friday morning to those in need at the Fabulous 103FM office located on Soi Chaiyapruek 2 in the Bang Lamung District.

This, however, was only the tip of the iceberg of what the organization has been doing during the current period that is seeing thousands of businesses and people out of work due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus crisis. Pattaya, which is a city nearly wholly dependent on tourism and which draws millions of visitors a year for its world famous nightlife, tourist attractions and hospitality industry, still remains nearly completely shut due to government rules despite not a single case of the virus in the city in forty days.

Mr. Robson, his staff and members of the Huay Yai Municipal Staff have also been visiting the poor and needy directly in the most poverty stricken areas of the Chonburi area, directly bringing food and supplies to those who need it most. They have raised food and supplies for many other donations and charity groups around the city to help ensure that while businesses and venues remain closed those who wish to help the local community but don’t have funds to do so can.

Here is a great video introduced by Suzi Quatro which explain what they have been doing:

If you would like to help Fabulous 103 FM help the needy and unemployed of Pattaya during this crisis, please see the link below:

https://gogetfunding.com/fabulous-103fm-food-funding-for-the-poor-in-pattaya-thailand/?fbclid=IwAR2I32Wclg1hap6EInsX1iTGu2UWk6Y3VVlTulv2709uQPjNpzS8pE7nLds

Here are some photos from this weekends give away, in which nearly a thousand people showed up, including many children, standing in the blazing hot sun to get a meal.

fab1give2.jpg?resize=696%2C392&ssl=1

fab1give3.jpg?resize=696%2C391&ssl=1

fab1give4.jpg?resize=696%2C392&ssl=1

stones.jpg

42 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Thailand opening up from 1st July???

So they say...

"...The government has set July 1 for the lift of all business and activity lockdowns ordered earlier to cope with the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), said the National Security Council chief.

These include interprovincial and international travel, as well as the end of emergency decree and curfew..."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1925768/complete-end-to-lockdown-on-july-1

7 minutes ago, lazarus said:

So they say...

"...The government has set July 1 for the lift of all business and activity lockdowns ordered earlier to cope with the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), said the National Security Council chief.

These include interprovincial and international travel, as well as the end of emergency decree and curfew..."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1925768/complete-end-to-lockdown-on-july-1

Indeed!

That's what I seen, so came to see if anyone had any more info, what it involved or doesn't involve etc. 

24 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Indeed!

That's what I seen, so came to see if anyone had any more info, what it involved or doesn't involve etc. 

A more detailed "story"...

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2020/05/28/thai-security-chief-full-reopening-international-flights-from-july/

Hotel quarantine packages are part of the solution, 1 stranded foreigner was quoted ฿45,000 for 15 days

There is also talk in the travel industry of hotels being used for state quarantine with inbound foreign travellers being offered a commercial quarantine package as opposed to limited state facilities.

One stranded foreigner spoke to a hotel in Bangkok which was preparing to take part in the programme and was quoted ฿45,000 for 15 days for a quarantine package which included accommodation, medical care and daily meals.

Thai governments ‘Alternative Quarantine’ offer

It is understood that the Thai government has already signed up 6,000 hotels to the programme as part of an ‘Alternative Quarantine offer’ being promoted already by the government’s own PR arm.

This would be a boost to the hard-pressed tourism sector but clearly, represents an added expense for foreigners who already have homes in Thailand. 

For most, of course, it will be a price worth paying.

The government in Thailand has made available two hotline numbers for those seeking information on the service. These are 1667 and 1426.

This initiative has been organised by Thailand’s Ministry of Health and each hotel is working with a hospital as a partner.

Prices on offer appear to be variable

It does appear that the prices and scale of charges on offer vary with the accommodation. 

One hotel, for instance, is the Qiu Hotel in Bangkok which offers a 16 day/15 night package per person for ฿32,000.

Edited by lazarus

10 hours ago, lazarus said:

A more detailed "story"...

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2020/05/28/thai-security-chief-full-reopening-international-flights-from-july/

Hotel quarantine packages are part of the solution, 1 stranded foreigner was quoted ฿45,000 for 15 days

There is also talk in the travel industry of hotels being used for state quarantine with inbound foreign travellers being offered a commercial quarantine package as opposed to limited state facilities.

One stranded foreigner spoke to a hotel in Bangkok which was preparing to take part in the programme and was quoted ฿45,000 for 15 days for a quarantine package which included accommodation, medical care and daily meals.

Thai governments ‘Alternative Quarantine’ offer

It is understood that the Thai government has already signed up 6,000 hotels to the programme as part of an ‘Alternative Quarantine offer’ being promoted already by the government’s own PR arm.

This would be a boost to the hard-pressed tourism sector but clearly, represents an added expense for foreigners who already have homes in Thailand. 

For most, of course, it will be a price worth paying.

The government in Thailand has made available two hotline numbers for those seeking information on the service. These are 1667 and 1426.

This initiative has been organised by Thailand’s Ministry of Health and each hotel is working with a hospital as a partner.

Prices on offer appear to be variable

It does appear that the prices and scale of charges on offer vary with the accommodation. 

One hotel, for instance, is the Qiu Hotel in Bangkok which offers a 16 day/15 night package per person for ฿32,000.

I spoke with one my colleagues in Bkk yesterday who has a friend in quarantine in one of the government provided facilities.

Apparently the accommodation is quite good ("3 star") with comfy beds, decent grub and wifi all provided for free. 

It's not like people are sleeping in tents. 

2 hours ago, Esco said:

I spoke with one my colleagues in Bkk yesterday who has a friend in quarantine in one of the government provided facilities.

Apparently the accommodation is quite good ("3 star") with comfy beds, decent grub and wifi all provided for free. 

It's not like people are sleeping in tents. 

Might I ask, is he having to pay for that ( if so how much ) or is the Thai government providing ?

When I was getting a hotel voucher the other day for my cancelled June trip, they were saying the buffet breakfast is no more, indeed all breakfast was no more.

They weren't sure when, if ever, it would change. 

World famous Pattaya Beach 😂  What for, the coconut bar!

Thailand's Pattaya Beach reopens to tourists

Wasawat Lukharang

BBC News Thai

The world-famous Pattaya Beach was among the first in Thailand to reopen to tourists on Monday.

Under phase three of the easing of lockdown measures, Thailand is allowing provincial governors to decide whether they should reopen tourist attractions.

Despite the rain, dozens of tourists came back to Pattaya Beach on Monday - but it was nowhere close to its usual capacity. International tourists are set to be allowed back into the country from July.

Tannee Pimpan was excited to visit the beach and travelled all the way from Bangkok with her two children.

“As soon as I found out about the lifting of restrictions, I made a plan to come to Pattaya. I take my children here for a short break. I’m not scared of the virus anymore but we are still wearing masks. The beach today is very beautiful and there is no rubbish lying around like before,” she told BBC News Thai.

Aside from Pattaya Beach, the eastern province of Chonburi has also reopened Jomtien and Bangsan.

However beaches in other provinces remain shut to visitors.

Almost all Thai businesses are allowed to operate again as the spread of the virus has significantly slowed down. A curfew remains in place but it has been shortened by one hour.

53 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Wasawat Lukharang

BBC News Thai

The world-famous Pattaya Beach was among the first in Thailand to reopen to tourists on Monday.

Under phase three of the easing of lockdown measures, Thailand is allowing provincial governors to decide whether they should reopen tourist attractions.

Despite the rain, dozens of tourists came back to Pattaya Beach on Monday - but it was nowhere close to its usual capacity. International tourists are set to be allowed back into the country from July.

Tannee Pimpan was excited to visit the beach and travelled all the way from Bangkok with her two children.

“As soon as I found out about the lifting of restrictions, I made a plan to come to Pattaya. I take my children here for a short break. I’m not scared of the virus anymore but we are still wearing masks. The beach today is very beautiful and there is no rubbish lying around like before,” she told BBC News Thai.

Aside from Pattaya Beach, the eastern province of Chonburi has also reopened Jomtien and Bangsan.

However beaches in other provinces remain shut to visitors.

Almost all Thai businesses are allowed to operate again as the spread of the virus has significantly slowed down. A curfew remains in place but it has been shortened by one hour.

Its progressing although I am not sure that Pattaya is world famous for its beach 😄😄

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2020 at 5:35 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Its progressing although I am not sure that Pattaya is world famous for its beach 😄😄

I have been coming to Patts for quite some time. There is a beach in Pattaya? Ya learn something new everyday.

Edited by Steelers4Life

19 hours ago, Krapow said:

Wasawat Lukharang

BBC News Thai

Um.  Lots of beaches never closed.  The ones in Rayong didn't.

• Thumbs Up 1