COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

12 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

1700419915_PattayaNews.JPG.d1d3544b6cd29

Thailand National Security Council officially suggests extending Emergency Decree to end of July

Thailand- At a press conference Thursday afternoon following a meeting with the National Security Council and Prime Minister Prayut Chan O’Cha, General Somsak Rungsita, Secretary-General of the National Security Council (NSC), said that the NSC would officially suggest extending the Emergency Decree until the end of July.

Have to keep the monkeys under control...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ladyboys hardly being bastions of honesty and truth, I wonder why Sky interviewed 2 of them and then 2 BR girls who are clearly not going to starve to death any time soon and also fall into a very niche area of Thai working girls, if you get my drift.

They'd have been better off heading out to Buakhao and trying their luck there, or perhaps contacting local media like Fab103 to put them in contact with some working girls.

The message gets across though, and it is only the tip of a massive iceberg.  It is also some very tough pressure from the International media being exerted here, given that they could have picked any number of struggling SEA Countries which also has an established sex industry but chose Thailand for what reasons I have no idea, but perhaps could speculate over.

• Great Info 1

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

So, me with a Condo in my name, all legal paperwork in my name and in my possession, could go then?

Is there still 2 weeks quarantine?

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Good question

Thailand to ease restrictions on nightlife and foreign visitors

Copyright: Getty Images

Thai authorities have announced that pubs, bars and karaoke clubs will be allowed to re-open from Wednesday, and rules on foreign visitors will be eased, as the country looks to bolster its tourism-reliant economy.

The venues will be able to stay open until midnight local time, so long as they adhere to safety guidelines like social distancing.

Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesperson for the government's Covid-19 task force, said customers would be closely monitored before entering the businesses.

Foreigners with residency, work permits and families in Thailand will also be able to enter the country, so long as they quarantine themselves for 14 days. Business visitors from countries like Japan and Singapore could be exempt from quarantine, provided they are tested on arrival and can produce certificates showing they're free from Covid-19.

International flights have been banned in Thailand since March. It's been nearly five weeks since any community transmission was reported there. Thailand was the first country outside of China to confirm a case of coronavirus, but so far its national toll has been comparatively low, with 3,169 infections and 58 deaths.

I noticed that in a Thai Government briefing today, that foreigners who are legally married to Thais are to be allowed in. I presume that means producing a Marriage Certificate. Whether married in Thailand or on another country was not detailed or.what evidence required.  Still unsure about whether the 14 day quarantine would apply.

That would count me and a few others here but realistically I should imagine.that by the time I feel ready to, then the rules would have opened.up anyway

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

I noticed that in a Thai Government briefing today, that foreigners who are legally married to Thais are to be allowed in. I presume that means producing a Marriage Certificate. Whether married in Thailand or on another country was not detailed.

Yea, but still 14 days quarantine. I suppose if you weren't just going for a few weeks holiday, you were going to stay with the wife in your Thai home, the 14 days wouldn't be an issue. 

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

So, me with a Condo in my name, all legal paperwork in my name and in my possession, could go then?

Is there still 2 weeks quarantine?

The first question needs more clarification. Some people are saying yes, others are saying it only applies to people who have Thai permanent residency.

Everyone who enters the country has to go into quarantine, whether they are Thai or Farnag. 

5 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

The first question needs more clarification. Some people are saying yes, others are saying it only applies to people who have Thai permanent residency.

Everyone who enters the country has to go into quarantine, whether they are Thai or Farnag. 

Yea, wife's older brother died over the weekend. She knows she can't go home currently even if she wanted, well apart from all sorts of hoops, and then there's our daughter etc.  She understands as does her family.  

Though I'd like to go back with her as soon as we can without it being a nightmare to do so.

The EU says that from 1 July it will allow travellers in from an initial list of "safe" non-EU countries.

The countries on an initial version of the list are: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay.

BBC Europe correspondent Katya Adler reports that the list will be updated as the situation in different countries changes. China, she says, will also be added if it offers EU countries a reciprocal agreement.

The list is expected to be finalised by midday tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yea, wife's older brother died over the weekend. She knows she can't go home currently even if she wanted, well apart from all sorts of hoops, and then there's our daughter etc.  She understands as does her family.  

Though I'd like to go back with her as soon as we can without it being a nightmare to do so.

That's a terrible shame. 

The current arrangements for visitors won't make much difference, especially considering they are limited to 50k arrivals. 

I'm still fairly confident if the situation continues to improve in the UK, EU and Thailand, we will see a further easing of restrictions coming into high season. 

At the minute I wouldn't even bother looking at booking flights there. 

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Yea, but still 14 days quarantine. I suppose if you weren't just going for a few weeks holiday, you were going to stay with the wife in your Thai home, the 14 days wouldn't be an issue. 

Quarantine presumably means you have to stay locked inside for 14 days.

Fcuk that .......how do you get from Swampy to Nakhon Nowhere in the first place ????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Can you tell me what a "Farnag" is?  Is it the same thing as a "Narfag"?  Is that what they call me when I am there LOL! 

• Haha 2

And then you have this.... Mask + faceshield + partition ...

Which self respecting country would treat their kids like that ?  Comments section is worth a read as well !

c1_1944116.jpg

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1944116/schools-reopen-across-thailand-with-temperature-checks-masks

Although the next one seemd a bit more raisonnable.

3678392.jpg

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1944224/pupils-delight-at-reopening-of-schools

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

And then you have this.... Mask + faceshield + partition ...

Which self respecting country would treat their kids like that ?  Comments section is worth a read as well !

c1_1944116.jpg

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1944116/schools-reopen-across-thailand-with-temperature-checks-masks

Although the next one seemd a bit more raisonnable.

3678392.jpg

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1944224/pupils-delight-at-reopening-of-schools

Little girls are beaten with canes in Indonesia for not wearing hijabs. When it comes to the treatment of women and children, there is no comparison between Indonesia and Thailand. 

Edited by dcfc2007

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Little girls are beaten with canes in Indonesia for not wearing hijabs. When it comes to the treatment of women and children, there is no comparison between Indonesia and Thailand. 

That is not the subject. And your info is wrong.  Don't confound Aceh and Indonesia.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1