COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

7 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I don't think I will be rushing to make any reservations for this winter - I'll give it six months and see what happens in the meantime...

If Thailand cancels the next Songkran (again)...potentially traveling there in summer 2021 might be a stretch. 

I think it all hinges on developing a successful vaccine that people feel comfortable getting. 

China is still the big elephant in the room for any true "opening." Countries with high (or perceived) Covid infection rates/deaths (e.g., US, EU, UK, India, etc.) are secondary both in terms of tourist earnings and consideration. As always, political implications are at play.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

15 hours ago, Stillearly said:

"The target is to welcome 100-300 visitors a week, or up to 1,200 people a month, and generate income of about 1 billion baht a month," she said.

So each person is going to spend 833,333 baht per month?  That's >£20,000 GBP, >$26,000 USD or >$36,000 AUD.

They won't be eating at The Chunky Monkey or drinking in Katesiree then.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5

On 9/15/2020 at 10:51 AM, lazarus said:

If Thailand cancels the next Songkran (again)...potentially traveling there in summer 2021 might be a stretch. 

I think it all hinges on developing a successful vaccine that people feel comfortable getting. 

China is still the big elephant in the room for any true "opening." Countries with high (or perceived) Covid infection rates/deaths (e.g., US, EU, UK, India, etc.) are secondary both in terms of tourist earnings and consideration. As always, political implications are at play.

The "big elephant" spends money...

Long-term tourist visas approved

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/easy/1985871/long-term-tourist-visas-approved

...The finance permanent secretary said the country needed to generate income from visitors, especially those from the countries where coronavirus disease had not been spreading in past months  - such as China, Taiwan and some countries in Europe.

Twenty Chinese provinces were free of Covid-19 and had a combined population of around 800 million. If only one percent of them, about 8 million people, visited Thailand they could support the tourism sector, he said.

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Twenty Chinese provinces were free of Covid-19 and had a combined population of around 800 million. If only one percent of them, about 8 million people, visited Thailand they could support the tourism sector, he said.

That's assuming of course the CCP isn't telling porkies about the infection rate in China. If this comes to pass I know I'll be steering well clear of the Chinese tourists. Unfortunately it'll be next to impossible to avoid the secondary infections caused by the influx of Chinese tourists.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

The "big elephant" spends money...

Long-term tourist visas approved

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/easy/1985871/long-term-tourist-visas-approved

...The finance permanent secretary said the country needed to generate income from visitors, especially those from the countries where coronavirus disease had not been spreading in past months  - such as China, Taiwan and some countries in Europe.

I'm sure they will be lined up to go into quarantine, NOT!

• 2 weeks later...

Missus said to me earlier there has been some 'chatter' online amongst Thais about flights starting with more frequency from London, EVA and Thai mentioned.

No idea if true or for who specifically. Assuming Thais at this stage, but know Thai Air had already been offering limited seats for farangs who met the criteria on what small number of flights they were already doing.  

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Missus said to me earlier there has been some 'chatter' online amongst Thais about flights starting with more frequency from London, EVA and Thai mentioned.

No idea if true or for who specifically. Assuming Thais at this stage, but know Thai Air had already been offering limited seats for farangs who met the criteria on what small number of flights they were already doing.  

Probably regarding a post on the Embassy's Facebook page showing a graphic announcing Thai's can fly using flights other than the repatriation flights they organise, but if they do they will have to pay for Alternative State Quarantine - no free quarantine for Thais if they use this service.  Several airlines are mentioned and it sounds like a free for all for Thai's returning now with airlines getting permission to fly in if they want it.

The Facebook stuff was all in Thai but that's what I've gleaned from it so far.

Edited by KWA

48 minutes ago, KWA said:

Probably regarding a post on the Embassy's Facebook page showing a graphic announcing Thai's can fly using flights other than the repatriation flights they organise, but if they do they will have to pay for Alternative State Quarantine - no free quarantine for Thais if they use this service.  Several airlines are mentioned and it sounds like a free for all for Thai's returning now with airlines getting permission to fly in if they want it.

The Facebook stuff was all in Thai but that's what I've gleaned from it so far.

Yes that sounds about right. First it was only Emirates but it appears more airlines will be allowed to operate commercial flights. 

It's not just Thais either; non-Thai nationals will be able to use the same flights provided they meet the criteria and obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) from their local Thai Embassy, test negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling plus stay in ASQ upon arrival. 

On 9/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, Krapow said:

Was talking to the missus about this.

She had read about it herself, she just said 'it's a start'.

Neither of us think we'll be in Thailand before Spring/Summer next year.

You fit the criteria to travel so it's up to you whether you want to go back or not. There's talk of ASQ being reduced to a week which would make it easier for most tourists. 

It's another step in the right direction i suppose.

Though would be no good to us as it stands, i can only get about 3 weeks off work at a time, and also our daughter has just started Reception Class. 2 weeks in quarantine would not make it feasible. If it changed to 1 week, and there was still no other alternative in say the summer, then would possibly look at it. 

Though hoping, hoping, things will have eased a bit all over by summer school holidays 2021. 

My Daughters + Grandaughter have now changed their KLM flights three times  and now supposed to fly to see me in Thailand in March of next year.

If the quarantine restriction still remains there is no way they will be able to come even assuming the KLM flight takes place which seems very doubtful to me.

It seems to me that it is going to be some considerable time before any successful vaccine will make an appreciable difference to the acceptance of general tourism world wide. No country is going to force mass vaccination on their own population so the degree of control and reduction in positive cases will depend upon how successful the take up in vaccination.

Personally, I would make such vaccination mandatory for international flights but then there would have to be a much more secure way of proving that than simply the production of a paper certificate which could be so easily forged.

55 minutes ago, Jambo said:

My Daughters + Grandaughter have now changed their KLM flights three times  and now supposed to fly to see me in Thailand in March of next year.

If the quarantine restriction still remains there is no way they will be able to come even assuming the KLM flight takes place which seems very doubtful to me.

It seems to me that it is going to be some considerable time before any successful vaccine will make an appreciable difference to the acceptance of general tourism world wide. No country is going to force mass vaccination on their own population so the degree of control and reduction in positive cases will depend upon how successful the take up in vaccination.

Personally, I would make such vaccination mandatory for international flights but then there would have to be a much more secure way of proving that than simply the production of a paper certificate which could be so easily forged.

Planning 6 months ahead with the whole world having gone mad is a bit useless IMO.

Of course, me also I would have loved having my 3 kids here for Xmas, but that's clearly a dream now. So we haven't plan anything, we'll see what happens and will play accordingly.

In a world of madmen (where a PM decides on a Friday to apply a quarantine on Monday..)  planning is impossible. 

World has gone mad, but obviously the majority of sheeps love it....

Good thing I am retired, I dont think I would be able to cope with this shit in a working environment.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Good thing I am retired, I dont think I would be able to cope with this shit in a working environment.

Yeah, I can relate to that, lol.

I also feel sorry for the children. Not that they're at any real risk from the virus, but school in my days was a miserable enough experience as it was, without all this gubbins about face masks and virus testing and bubbles and self-quarantine. And I wonder how many of the more sensitive kids are going to be permanently mentally scarred, and unable to have a decent sex life, as they've been brainwashed that other people are a health hazard, especially their bodily fluids. It might be the end of snogging, never mind blow jobs, lol!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, I can relate to that, lol.

I also feel sorry for the children. Not that they're at any real risk from the virus, but school in my days was a miserable enough experience as it was, without all this gubbins about face masks and virus testing and bubbles and self-quarantine. And I wonder how many of the more sensitive kids are going to be permanently mentally scarred, and unable to have a decent sex life, as they've been brainwashed that other people are a health hazard, especially their bodily fluids. It might be the end of snogging, never mind blow jobs, lol!

Absolutely agreed mate.

This is total madness. 

Good mine are all over 20 now, I would hate to see them in the ghettos school have become now.

•  
  • Here we go,the bat eating soup,eat shit bubbles of a baboons ass are coming back first !

Thai media The Bangkok Insight has revealed the first flights that will be allowed into Thailand now that the government has approved plans for the STV or special Tourist Visa. 

The first flights will be from Guangzhou in China on October 8th and 25th. 

The first will be a specially chartered Air Asia flight to Phuket carrying 150 tourists.

Then on October 25th 126 people will be allowed on a Thai Smile flight to Suvarnabhumi.

The third flight mentioned by the media will be on November 1st from what they termed "prathet Scandinavia" or "the country of Scandinavia".

This will contain 120 passengers and also be bound for Suvarnabhumi.

They said that tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakarn's much vaunted STV plan is now just awaiting rubber stamping after gaining approval at a CCSA meeting chaired by PM Prayut Chan-ocha yesterday. 

Tourists will be housed at one of five hotels that have been approved as part of the Alternative Local State Quarantine plan.

There are 300+ rooms available in Chonburi, Phuket and Buriram. 

One more place is currently under consideration to house the tourists. 

• Like 1