COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Was always going to be China first.

Biggest tourist market. Low Covid infection rate (in most of the PRC). Blood ties with Thais.

To Thai tourist operators it's all baht...they don't care who is bringing it to their country....especially the corporate concerns.

Just change the language on the signs and menus.

download.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Phantom51red said:
  •  
  • Here we go,the bat eating soup,eat shit bubbles of a baboons ass are coming back first !

Thai media The Bangkok Insight has revealed the first flights that will be allowed into Thailand now that the government has approved plans for the STV or special Tourist Visa. 

The first flights will be from Guangzhou in China on October 8th and 25th. 

The first will be a specially chartered Air Asia flight to Phuket carrying 150 tourists.

Then on October 25th 126 people will be allowed on a Thai Smile flight to Suvarnabhumi.

The third flight mentioned by the media will be on November 1st from what they termed "prathet Scandinavia" or "the country of Scandinavia".

This will contain 120 passengers and also be bound for Suvarnabhumi.

They said that tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakarn's much vaunted STV plan is now just awaiting rubber stamping after gaining approval at a CCSA meeting chaired by PM Prayut Chan-ocha yesterday. 

Tourists will be housed at one of five hotels that have been approved as part of the Alternative Local State Quarantine plan.

There are 300+ rooms available in Chonburi, Phuket and Buriram. 

One more place is currently under consideration to house the tourists. 

Should be called the Selective Tourist Visa as its very clear that those on the first few flights will have been hand picked. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm...if the Covid-19 pandemic is more than under control in Thailand...

Why do they need to control the people?

VIRUS EMERGENCY DECREE TO BE RENEWED FOR 6TH TIME

BANGKOK — The government’s response center to the coronavirus pandemic on Monday agreed to extend the emergency decree for another month, the same day officials reported 22 new cases of infection in the country.

Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Center for the COVID-19 Situation Administration, said the extension is purely intended for disease control purposes. The emergency rule is set to expire on Sept. 30.

“Its use is still necessary for disease control measures,” Taweesin said. “There are other laws in place for demonstrations.”...

...The pandemic center reported 22 new cases of infection in the state quarantine on Monday.

The new patients include 16 Thai soldiers returning from a UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan, four Indian business people from India, a Thai student returning from Pakistan, and a Thai military student returning from the Philippines, Taweesin said...

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/09/28/virus-emergency-decree-to-be-renewed-for-6th-time/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Murchie said:

Should be called the Selective Tourist Visa as its very clear that those on the first few flights will have been hand picked. 

It would be very embarrassing to both countries if any on the first batch proved Covid19 positive.

32 minutes ago, Jambo said:

It would be very embarrassing to both countries if any on the first batch proved Covid19 positive.

Yep. They definitely want to avoid that, or for that matter, any at all in the first months.

Who really knows since Covid can spread from carriers that are asymptomatic. Theoretically a person can be tested "OK" right before they depart to TH, cross paths with a contagious person prior to taking off, enter the country nor showing viral symptoms, and develop an infection (active or asymptomatic). If that person then receives a false negative test result right before they are let out into the general public and are still contagious, they would become a possible Covid-19 spreader. I know it sounds far fetched but it's plausible.

If it does in TH... BOOM... everything shuts down again.

I hope not.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2
  • Surprised 1

18 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I think that would get swept under the carpet if it happened.

Yeah, like the three "locally-transmitted" cases in the last two months. You don't read much about them in the news any more, do you?

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, like the three "locally-transmitted" cases in the last two months. You don't read much about them in the news any more, do you?

I'd only heard of the footballer in Buriram, was there more ?

Off topic now but didn't this flu come at a good time for the army to sweep those killings in Korat under the carpet so it didn't make them look corrupt ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I don't know anyone farang or Thai that believes this statement.

Lots of jockeying for position right now among the powers that be, the powers that want to be, and the ones who live above it all elsewhere.

Covid is just the tip of the iceberg chili. Tough on the ordinary folks out of work regardless.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Special visa scheme delayed again. 

Maybe the demand isn't there for it... 

Supposedly, the TH tourists in Phuket for the vegetarian festival did not want to mix with "infected" foreigners.

"BANGKOK — A visa program that would allow foreigners to visit Thailand and bring in the much needed tourism revenues was delayed until later this month for the sake of Thai tourists who wish to vacation without concerns of possible virus outbreak, officials said Thursday.

National Security Council sec-gen Nattapol Nakpanich, who oversees border reopening measures, said the arrival of Chinese tourists under the Special Tourist Visa policy was pushed back to allow locals to celebrate Phuket’s famed vegetarian festival worry-free..."

They were not giving refunds to the folks (Chinese) that pre-paid for their holiday.  

"...The first group of Chinese tourists who participated in the STV and already booked their stay on Phuket would not be given any refunds for their hotel fees and other costs, since the STV was merely delayed and not canceled at this time, the Tourism Authority of Thailand said on Wednesday..."

See:  PANDEMIC TOURIST VISAS SHELVED IN FAVOR OF LOCAL VACATIONERS

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/10/08/pandemic-tourist-visas-shelved-in-favor-of-local-vacationers/

That won't go over well in China. They are the most wired & gossipy folks on the planet.

Back when the dive boat sank in Phuket a couple of years ago it shut down Chinese tourism for months.

Edited by lazarus
  • Surprised 1

5 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Supposedly, the TH tourists in Phuket for the vegetarian festival did not want to mix with "infected" foreigners.

I read (in the Bangkok Post) that they were not giving refunds to the folks (Chinese) that pre-paid for their holiday. (looks like they pulled that article)

That won't go over well in China. They are the most wired & gossipy folks on the planet.

Back when the dive boat sank in Phuket a couple of years ago it shut down Chinese tourism for months.

I don't believe the story about the vegetarian festival in Phuket. Sounds a load of bollocks to me.

I just don't think there was enough interest considering the onerous requirements and the cost of the whole thing.

Either way it has been a monumental f**k up. I feel for tourism operators in Thailand, what little light there was at the end of the tunnel is fading fast. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Special visa scheme delayed again. 

Maybe the demand isn't there for it... 

After Guangzhou, the next flight was supposed to be from Prathet Scandinavia, a country that doesn't exist. That might tell us something about the status of the tourists who are supposed to be coming, lol.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

After Guangzhou, the next flight was supposed to be from Prathet Scandinavia, a country that doesn't exist. That might tell us something about the status of the tourists who are supposed to be coming, lol.

They are full of shit. 

Instead of coming up with half baked new ideas, why don't they see about letting some of the 7,000 Thailand Elite Visa holders stranded abroad back into the country.

Then look at ways to bring in the many men married to Thai women. Then you have those long stay tourists with Thai condos. 

Trying to attract tourists from a handful of countries to apply for a convoluted visa that costs a large chunk of money is a waste of time. 

But its window dressing to try and make it seem like they are helping the tourist operators. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

They are full of shit. 

Instead of coming up with half baked new ideas, why don't they see about letting some of the 7,000 Thailand Elite Visa holders stranded abroad back into the country.

Then look at ways to bring in the many men married to Thai women. Then you have those long stay tourists with Thai condos. 

Trying to attract tourists from a handful of countries to apply for a convoluted visa that costs a large chunk of money is a waste of time. 

But its window dressing to try and make it seem like they are helping the tourist operators. 

My understanding is there are ways for the above to get back into Thailand but they are thought by many to be too cost prohibitive/restrictive and therefore unattractive.

Thailand imo does'nt GAF for farangs even those married to Thais or those who have been ALLOWED to make Thailand their home, all they want is our money we can FO

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My understanding is there are ways for the above to get back into Thailand but they are thought by many to be too cost prohibitive/restrictive and therefore unattractive.

Thailand imo does'nt GAF for farangs even those married to Thais or those who have been ALLOWED to make Thailand their home, all they want is our money we can FO

Out of the 7,000 Thailand Elite Visa holders outside of the country, hundreds have applied to get in, 3 have been allowed entry since this whole debacle began.

They don't care, they have already been paid, and apparently they aren't even bothering to reply to emails anymore.

They may claim that these people are not banned, and strictly speaking that's true, but reports are that it's nigh on impossible in many cases to get into the country. 

Salespeople for elite visas are going to have their work cut out in future. As for other long stay tourists, they won't forget this either, once bitten twice shy... 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thailand imo does'nt GAF for farangs even those married to Thais or those who have been ALLOWED  TEMPORARY TOLERATED to make Thailand their home, all they want is our money we can FO

Corrected

38 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Out of the 7,000 Thailand Elite Visa holders outside of the country, hundreds have applied to get in, 3 have been allowed entry since this whole debacle began.

They don't care, they have already been paid, and apparently they aren't even bothering to reply to emails anymore.

They may claim that these people are not banned, and strictly speaking that's true, but reports are that it's nigh on impossible in many cases to get into the country. 

Salespeople for elite visas are going to have their work cut out in future. As for other long stay tourists, they won't forget this either, once bitten twice shy... 

But they're still lovely Thais, the best people in the world ... who should NEVER be criticized .....😄

23 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Corrected

But they're still lovely Thais, the best people in the world ... who should NEVER be criticized .....😄

They are only doing what most governments are doing. The aussie govt isn't even letting its own citizens into the country. 

12 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

They are only doing what most governments are doing. The aussie govt isn't even letting its own citizens into the country. 

Worst, they dont even let them out.

This put the Aussie government on the same level as East Germany a few decades ago. Or USSR, Nort Korea, .... but people slurp it up, and say nothing.....

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

...I believe in the Philippines, if you are married to a filipino , you can return to the Philippines anytime now.  And that also includes foreigners on retirement visas.  Only downside, Duerta plans on keeping boarders closed for the rest of us until after 2nd quarter 2021.  I guess my trip I was planning for Cebu & Davao will not happen early next year. 

• Like 1