COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

I picked up Covid - was tested on April 14th after having symptoms and was notified on April 15 that  I had it.

My company asked me to take two meetings here in the USA with Chinese business groups (not to say I got it from them for certain), but considering I live alone and was already working from home and never went out except for those two meetings...

I initially had a huge migraine headache that never went away, then the cold sweats came on. I was short of breath and had no taste or smell. My body ached all over  

When I notified my doctor of my symptoms, he had me go to the emergency room for immediate testing. Check-in, rooms were all isolated and I spoke with nurses and doctors via a tv monitor. Once they were ready to swab me/testing a full protected nurse came in with the stinging swab up my nose. The results/call came in the morning the next day, so very quick results.  After I was told of the positive results, I was told how to care for myself and precautions to take. I received another 2 calls from govt agencies to discuss my situation.  I received 3 calls each day asking of my current health situation.  On the 18th (3days after diagnosis/positive results), I received my morning call.  I was very ill and they decided to call an ambulance to my home.  I was taken to the hospital.  Although very ill, my initial feeling was a bit of panic as the section of the hospital I was rolled into was something out of a scary pandemic movie.  All medical staff were fully geared up and the rooms were barred off.  I was immediately put on a ventilator and stayed on the ventilator for the next 11 days. I was mostly exhausted and in a fog, but could hear occasionally when someone went into CA.  After 11 days, I began to feel much better and was released 4 days later.  

My employer had me on medical leave for 2 full months.  I am salaried + commissions and they paid my full salary and decided to pay me the commissions I made the prior year which was very unexpected.  I had to beg/plead with them to allow me to begin working from home again.  They have given me 1-2 small assignments per month which takes no more than about 2-3 hours work per month and I was told that I was not required/allowed to join any of my former group assignments...told to just take it easy.  Basically, I’m getting no actual work to do and getting paid full salary + matching commissions from last year. This has been going on now for the last six months and my boss keeps telling after my persistent requests for me to return to full work assignments that I should just relax and take it easy.  I am guessing my company of 20 years feels that I got the virus from those meetings I took in April and want me to just stay on the sidelines....for how long unsure. Last time I spoke with my boss, he said don’t expect to go back to full assignments until after July 5th next year at the earliest!!!

So, since I’m not really working, just staying home and doing a lot of home projects and gardening indoors & outdoors.  

What are my lasting health effects. Well, even after 6 months, I still seem to have lost a bit of taste and smell still and still have a very slight persistent cough. 

Now that is scary, glad you're ok.

• Thanks 1

I've got no problem with the bars staying open in Pattaya for NYE, but there's an obvious risk if tens or even hundreds of thousands of people from Bangkok and its neighbouring provinces decide to come down as well and party. Let's keep Pattaya for the Pattayans this New Year.

4 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Not looking good as as posted on another thread bars etc in Ban Chang have been told to close.

I'm in limbo between stocking up on booze and giving the liver a rest. Looks like I still have a day or 2 to think it over. 

15 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I've got no problem with the bars staying open in Pattaya for NYE, but there's an obvious risk if tens or even hundreds of thousands of people from Bangkok and its neighbouring provinces decide to come down as well and party. Let's keep Pattaya for the Pattayans this New Year.

I drove back from BKK today and there was hardly and traffic coming this way. The governor already cancelled NYE activities last week so I reckon most Bangkokians who'd made plans to come here have cancelled as well. 

25 minutes ago, Esco said:

giving the liver a rest

Well January's the traditional month for that, and I've been thinking much the same thing, it wouldn't do me any harm to go a few weeks without any booze - as long as I can survive the first day or two, lol!

59 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Well January's the traditional month for that, and I've been thinking much the same thing, it wouldn't do me any harm to go a few weeks without any booze - as long as I can survive the first day or two, lol!

Ive spent 16 days "down the hole" in October while in ASQ. It's overrated but apparently good for you lol. 

• Haha 1

Nobody seen this ?

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-clears-use-of-herbal-medicine-for-covid-19-treatment

BANGKOK (BLOOMBERG) - Thailand's health ministry approved the use of a herbal plant extract to treat early stages of Covid-19 as a pilot programme amid a flare-up in the coronavirus outbreak in the South-east Asian nation.

Andrographis paniculata, commonly known as green chiretta, will serve as an alternative treatment to reduce the severity of the outbreak and cut treatment costs, the ministry said in a statement on Wednesday (Dec 30).

The treatment will be available in five state-owned hospitals initially, it said.

There are now 28 provinces in the highest control zone (red): Tak, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Saraburi, Lopburi, Singburi, Ang Thong, Nakhon Nayok, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Ratchaburi, Suphanburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Chachoengsao, Prachinburi, Sarakaew, Samut Prakan, Chanthaburi, Chonburi, Trat, Rayong, Chumphon, Ranong and Bangkok.  

Expect announcement of interprovincial travel restrictions and more this weekend. This could start on Monday. 

Chonburi covid count up to 239 from 211 yesterday, supporting the notion that we have 'peaked'. 

Too early to tell I reckon but with only 28 additional cases compared to 51 yesterday hopefully further restrictions will be limited. 

Latest from Chonburi PR. No change for restaurants as of yet. 

Urgent‼ ️ elevate COVID-19 control areas up to 28 provinces.

Whatever the situation  Everyone must be ready with the card, don't fall, protect yourself.  Go out of the house, wear a mask 100%, or stay home, don't take yourself outside risks.

Now, many people have asked many things.  Can you travel to Chonburi?  Is the province closed?  Can the restaurant still sit?  Is school closed anyway?  Many issues became clearer.  For example, some schools are now closed until January 10, 2021 and will start again on January 11, 2021.

Regarding traveling in or out of Chonburi, it may not be as convenient as it should be.  Because the brothers and sisters have set up screening stations for both COVID and foreign workers.  Any people from high-risk areas would like to inform the community leaders to monitor their symptoms for 14 days.

As for the brothers, the food, beverage and other shops that the FDA announced yesterday  For now, please wait for an official order from the province.  If anything changes  Admin will update you immediately.

As for the announcement of various places of Chonburi Province who go in the same place at the same time  Asked a lot about what to do.  Have to go check it out ????  The answer is to observe the symptoms according to the information sent to the announcement because every place  The Provincial Health Office has investigated the disease and found people at high risk of exposure, and then examined and quarantined for symptoms  For those who have not been contacted for examination, you are general surveillance groups.  But if you have symptoms as told by the doctor, such as fever, cough, runny nose, you can go see the doctor and report the symptoms and share the history of going to a risky place with an infected person.

56 minutes ago, Esco said:

Latest from Chonburi PR. No change for restaurants as of yet. 

Urgent‼ ️ elevate COVID-19 control areas up to 28 provinces.

Whatever the situation  Everyone must be ready with the card, don't fall, protect yourself.  Go out of the house, wear a mask 100%, or stay home, don't take yourself outside risks.

Now, many people have asked many things.  Can you travel to Chonburi?  Is the province closed?  Can the restaurant still sit?  Is school closed anyway?  Many issues became clearer.  For example, some schools are now closed until January 10, 2021 and will start again on January 11, 2021.

Regarding traveling in or out of Chonburi, it may not be as convenient as it should be.  Because the brothers and sisters have set up screening stations for both COVID and foreign workers.  Any people from high-risk areas would like to inform the community leaders to monitor their symptoms for 14 days.

As for the brothers, the food, beverage and other shops that the FDA announced yesterday  For now, please wait for an official order from the province.  If anything changes  Admin will update you immediately.

As for the announcement of various places of Chonburi Province who go in the same place at the same time  Asked a lot about what to do.  Have to go check it out ????  The answer is to observe the symptoms according to the information sent to the announcement because every place  The Provincial Health Office has investigated the disease and found people at high risk of exposure, and then examined and quarantined for symptoms  For those who have not been contacted for examination, you are general surveillance groups.  But if you have symptoms as told by the doctor, such as fever, cough, runny nose, you can go see the doctor and report the symptoms and share the history of going to a risky place with an infected person.

the wonders of google translate, 5555

Slightly different numbers now. 

32 new cases have accumulated 243 for high-risk locations.An investigation is underway.  It will be announced as a public warning the following evening.

32 new cases of infection have been modified according to their residences or on a regular basis.  (Original one is a medical treatment area)
 📍 Bang Lamung District 17 cases
 📍 Sriracha District 13 cases
 📍 Sattahip District 2 cases

243 cumulative cases of infection, change the information according to their home or habitually  (Original one is a medical treatment area)
 📍 Bang Lamung District 173 cases
 - 1 death, Thai woman aged 47 years
 📍 Mueang District, 21 cases
 📍 Sriracha District 29 cases
 📍 Sattahip District 10 cases
 📍 Ban Bueng District: 4 cases
 📍 Phanat Nikhom District 1 case
 📍 Rayong 5 cases

Thailand Weighs New Curbs to Contain Its Biggest Virus Wave
Bloomberg News

Thailand will impose more restrictions on businesses and gatherings in regions that are at greater risk from the latest flareup in coronavirus cases including the capital Bangkok.

Authorities identified 28 provinces as high-risk areas, and set new limitations such as suspension of some business operations and meetings that could potentially fan infections, health ministry officials said in Bangkok Saturday. The new measures will be effective from Monday once approved by Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha, they said.

Thailand is battling a resurgence in the virus outbreak with the country reporting more than 2,000 new cases in the past two weeks alone, prompting authorities to close schools in Bangkok and temporarily shut some businesses including gyms, spas, pubs and bars. Prayuth’s government has refrained from imposing a national lockdown but allowed provincial authorities to set their own measures based on risks of infections.

More curbs planned to contain a new wave of virus cases in Thailand

The new wave threatens to delay Thailand’s plan to gradually reopen its tourism industry and revive Southeast Asia’s second-largest economy. The government plans to extend its domestic travel subsidy program beyond April to help the tourism industry cope with the hit from the latest outbreak, Tourism Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said earlier this week.

Under the stricter social distancing rules recommended by the Covid-19 response center, travel will be discouraged between provinces with more than 50 active cases and people will be recommended to work from home, officials said. The new curbs may be in place until the end of this month and will be reviewed later, they said.

The education ministry also ordered all the schools in these areas to be closed from Jan. 4 through the end of the month, Rachada Dhnadirek, a government spokeswoman, said on Twitter.

Thailand reported 216 new virus cases and one death on Saturday, with the majority of infections locally transmitted. While many of the new cases in recent weeks were tied to a seafood market in Samut Sakhon province near Bangkok, local transmissions have been reported from more than 58 provinces now, health ministry data showed.

New cases in Thailand, which was relatively successful in containing the pathogen after becoming the first country outside China to report the deadly virus, may spike to as high as 18,000 a day if no control measures are implemented, according to Taweesilp Witsanuyotin, a spokesperson for the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration. The country can limit new infections to about 1,000 cases a day with strict control measures, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-02/thailand-orders-new-curbs-to-contain-nation-s-biggest-virus-wave?srnd=premium-asia

• Sad 1

Anyone know what the situation is for Thais in the UK wanting to travel home to Thailand for a couple of months to visit family with the new restrictions from the UK perspective? (Know all the rules for entry into Thailand)

It says essential travel is allowed but doesn’t really expand too much on that......

58 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Anyone know what the situation is for Thais in the UK wanting to travel home to Thailand for a couple of months to visit family with the new restrictions from the UK perspective? (Know all the rules for entry into Thailand)

It says essential travel is allowed but doesn’t really expand too much on that......

Best to ask the Thai Embassy in the UK, but right now Thais can still return home from the UK so they better hurry up... 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sangsom said:

The new Government 22 page document strickly says no travel for holidays here or abroad. You can only stay over night at your main residence. There are a few exceptions, whether a personal family situation ie berevement could be used as an excuse I don't know.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

@tommy dee, a suggestion for a news segment; what services are available to the homeless and soon to be homeless after the latest round of closures? I know a couple of ladies who are very soon going to lose the roof over their head due to inability to pay rent, so any info I could pass on to them would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1