COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

On 6/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, Horizondave said:

When is the next CCSA meeting?.

Hoping the roadmap carries on and Thailand Pass etc stopped from 01 July for fully vaccinated.

At least if no change it is just me for the Thailand Pass.

Tomorrow I think mate.

According to what I can glean from the Bangkok post etc, Masks will stay but be less harshly enforced, covid down to Endemic as of July and possible full relaxation of covid rules as to entertainment venues,

No mention of Thailand pass ending or any insurance requirement changes though or vacc status declaration.

I expect as from Mid July / Early August though, everything will be binned as it finally dawns upon those in charge that a lot of people are now heading to Vietnam instead.

2 minutes ago, Butch said:

Tomorrow I think mate.

According to what I can glean from the Bangkok post etc, Masks will stay but be less harshly enforced, covid down to Endemic as of July and possible full relaxation of covid rules as to entertainment venues,

No mention of Thailand pass ending or any insurance requirement changes though or vacc status declaration.

I expect as from Mid July / Early August though, everything will be binned as it finally dawns upon those in charge that a lot of people are now heading to Vietnam instead.

Thaiger believes the Thailand Pass will go, that publication is pretty good and I now have it on my phone as it contains a hell of a lot of good information. I prefer it to the Bangkok Post.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Thaiger believes the Thailand Pass will go, that publication is pretty good and I now have it on my phone as it contains a hell of a lot of good information. I prefer it to the Bangkok Post.

+1 on that, I like The Thaiger as well. The forum isn't for the faint of heart though lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

More mask news.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/passengers-traveling-to-thailand-must-wear-a-mask-while-on-the-plane-402899

CAAT seems to be saying that Royal Gazette order removing the mask mandate does not mention air travel.

On the other hand, it doesn't exclude air travel, so CAAT may be exceeding its authority.

A test case might prove interesting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, monkeyman said:

More mask news.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/passengers-traveling-to-thailand-must-wear-a-mask-while-on-the-plane-402899

CAAT seems to be saying that Royal Gazette order removing the mask mandate does not mention air travel.

On the other hand, it doesn't exclude air travel, so CAAT may be exceeding its authority.

A test case might prove interesting. 

Can they enforce that ? Surely its up to each airline......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, monkeyman said:

Rumours going round now that the mask mandate will be reintroduced tomorrow.

That'll wipe out the tourist industry revival at a stroke.

If it's in crowded venues like stadiums / bus stations / airports, not too bad . If it's bars, clubs and restaurants then it is going to very much be as you say.

As for the Aircraft rules, I think a majority still adhere to mask wearing anyway. I'm not particularly bothered personally, but I understand why some people are against it.

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

If it's in crowded venues like stadiums / bus stations / airports, not too bad . If it's bars, clubs and restaurants then it is going to very much be as you say.

As for the Aircraft rules, I think a majority still adhere to mask wearing anyway. I'm not particularly bothered personally, but I understand why some people are against it.

The story was rather unspecific as to the extent of the mandate if it does indeed happen so I guess we'll have to wait for a few more hours to find out, unless they put it off again.

I took a couple of flights in Europe in the last few weeks and didn't see a single person wearing a mask.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

Thai government announces 19th extension of Emergency Decree, effective until September

By
 Nop Meechukhun
 -

The power of the Emergency Decree is probably too powerful to give up. Wonder if they'll ever let the decree expire.

EWyw_MJU8AAIpHO.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, nampla69 said:

+1. You going to Pattaya D ? Or going straight up Isaan way ???

Straight up to Khon Kaen. I will be in Chiang Mai with family before heading possibly to Pattaya early August (around 1/2) for a couple of days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wish they would give the fear mongering a rest.

While Chonburi this morning reported the lowest count of new infections  in months (34), and for Thailand they reported another day with sub-2k new infections (1,740), I see this clickbait headline in the Bangkok Post. Their predictions are as believable as the day new infection count.

City braces for sixth wave with big spike in infections picked

Bangkok is bracing for a sixth wave of Covid-19, as Covid cases in the capital bounce back to over 10,000 new cases per day, threatening the city's public health system.

As Thailand gradually recovers from lockdown measures, the spread of the newly emerged BA.5 Omicron subvariant has yet again put Bangkok back on high alert for another Covid-19 outbreak.

While the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) says it is ready to cope with another wave of the Covid-19 epidemic, Bangkok could be faced with tens of thousands Covid patients by the time this outbreak peaks in late August.

BA.5 subvariant sparks fears

No different than the fear mongering that took place ahead of Songkran.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Homor said:

I’m traveling to Thailand next week so I need any documents to enter Thailand?

Other than passport there was no need to show any documents at immigration window.

No landing forms to fill in on aircraft.

I did however upload our vaccinations certificate (last QR code) to Finnair when checking in on line so at drop baggage in airport just had to show passport.

29 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Other than passport there was no need to show any documents at immigration window.

No landing forms to fill in on aircraft.

I did however upload our vaccinations certificate (last QR code) to Finnair when checking in on line so at drop baggage in airport just had to show passport.

Thanks 

Slightly O/T sorry

The NHS Vacc certificate (for travel and proof of vacc) is also now valid for 180 days, whereas previously it was just 30 days, which is useful.

Edited by Butch

36 minutes ago, Butch said:

Slightly O/T sorry

The NHS Vacc certificate (for travel and proof of vacc) is also now valid for 180 days, whereas previously it was just 30 days, which is useful.

https://covid-status-letter.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/request-letter-for-travel

You can get an original printed version.  My understanding is that this is not time dated.