COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

• 3 weeks later...

I am arriving late October and would like to know if a negative Covid test is required to enter Thailand. UK departure and my airline don't need one.

I've looked online at the Thai embassy and other sources but they are all dated information.

Edited by karon steve

19 minutes ago, karon steve said:

I am arriving late October and would like to know if a negative Covid test is required to enter Thailand. UK departure and my airline don't need one.

I've looked online at the Thai embassy and other sources but they are all dated information.

As I understand it, if you don't have evidence of being vaccinated, then a negative Covid test is required. Not sure whether they are still asking for either  though at Thai immigration  

23 minutes ago, karon steve said:

I travelled at the start of august and was only asked for proof of vaccination at heathrow. Nothing was asked for in bkk 

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/20/prominent-thai-doctors-against-extended-nightlife-closing-times-claim-tourists-dont-come-to-thailand-to-party-but-for-beaches-and-temples/

Prominent Thai doctors against extended nightlife closing times, claim tourists don’t come to Thailand to party but for beaches and temples ...

Doctor Taejing Siripanich, a secretary of the Don’t Drive Drunk Foundation has given his view about the plan, “The 4:00 A.M. extension plan cannot definitely guarantee about boosting the economy. On the other hand, this might have to be an exchange with health and people’s safety.”

“I believe that foreign tourists come to Thailand not because of nightclubs, drinking, and partying. Most of them want to come here because of natural and cultural tourism places like beaches, parks, traditional Thai culture, and temples. The 4:00 A.M. closing time is more for Thais,” Doctor Taejing added.

According to road accident statistics, this year there are more road deaths than last year after entertainment venues were relaxed from previous Covid-19 mandated closures. Will this 4:00 A.M. closing time be worth it to proceed?,” Doctor Taejing questioned.

Doctor Prasit Wattanapa from the Mahidol University added, “I personally do not agree with this idea. I think it is too much. Most of our current Covid-19 patients are working people who like to hang out at night. After they got infected from nightclubs, they go back home and infect their families. The 2:00 A.M. closure is enough for all zones. Healthy people need enough sleep and should find more healthy pursuits.”

A final decision on the 4:00 AM proposal may come as early as next week.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

According to road accident statistics, this year there are more road deaths than last year after entertainment venues were relaxed from previous Covid-19 mandated closures. Will this 4:00 A.M. closing time be worth it to proceed?,” Doctor Taejing questioned.

There would have been more traffic on the road though post-COVID.

Thai Doctor struggles with the old correlation v causation chesnut🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2397843/no-strict-covid-controls-from-oct-1

Visitors will not be required to show their Covid-19 vaccination or test certificates and infected people with mild or no symptoms will not need to enter isolation from Oct 1. 

The changes were announced by Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul after a meeting of the National Communicable Disease Committee on Wednesday. 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I was aware the proof of vaccination will be required, but the insurance requirement is brand new information for me ... any idea when this is needed for ? 

12220999-65A0-4EA4-8CC3-A0C6A8A8ECEA.png

I was under the impression that UK and most other  visitors will only be asked for proof of at least 2 vaccinations but advised to have adequate insurance. No date has been given yet as to when the change will be implemented. 

As,I understand it, proof of insurance is only required if travelling on to another country. Not sure that makes sense though. I think it's only if required by the country of destination 

https://www.traveloffpath.com/thailand-proposes-bringing-back-travel-restrictions-for-all-visitors/

Could be a bugger for those who have not been vaccinated  

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Mixed messages unfortunately ..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2476069/proof-of-covid-jabs-for-all-visitors-revived

Hopefully it will become clearer, over the next few days  I am travelling in less than 2 weeks so I would like to be 100& clear  

What this really all about is the Thai Govt want to emphasise that visitors from all ckuntries will be treated equally.  But I think we all know that there would have been no revised changes if the Chinese were still not allowed to travel.  Its bollocks 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

But I think we all know that there would have been no revised changes if the Chinese were still not allowed to travel.

Sure, but Chinese made up 40 percent of Thai tourism entries prior to Covid so this is the Thai way of ensuring 'don't bite the hand that feeds you' while at the same time 'saving face.'

The Chinese will eagerly come once the tour price is right.

39608301112_44e3d2ab16_h.jpg

35449459143_df3981aab9_o.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2476069/proof-of-covid-jabs-for-all-visitors-revived

Hopefully it will become clearer, over the next few days  I am travelling in less than 2 weeks so I would like to be 100& clear  

What this really all about is the Thai Govt want to emphasise that visitors from all ckuntries will be treated equally.  But I think we all know that there would have been no revised changes if the Chinese were still not allowed to travel.  Its bollocks 

A friend is flying out on Monday ... he has his Covid certs , but no insurance .... he normally buys insurance from his bank when he arrives in Thailand ... 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

A friend is flying out on Monday ... he has his Covid certs , but no insurance .... he normally buys insurance from his bank when he arrives in Thailand ... 

I reckon it's most  unlikely they will ask for it at that short notice if at all  There must be quite a few people in similar situation  The reason I say that is because the Airline he is travelling with should notify him in advance. Would they just turn passengers away? There has to be some sort of grace period at least 

As far as I have read so far, it's just proof of 2 vaccinations that is required 

The date of the new redtrictions enforcement  and exactly what they are in detail have not been announced yet. 

I know a guy who's travelling out in a week and he never got vaccinated. He is now concerned that he will have to get a negative Covid test within 2 days of travel. 

I suspect that the airlines and travel companies are still partly in the dark as well  as its them that have to do the checking on arrival.  Thai Immration will just look at passports on arrival 

I just took a look at my Thai Airlines App and there is no mention of any updates on travel requirements

Found this, recommended on the Thai Embassy website

https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand/?ref=share

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Travelling without insurance is seriously dumb.

Even when I was young and stupid travelling the world I always had decent travel insurance. One time I had an accident in Bangkok and was in Bumrunggrad one glance at the insurance cert the rest was A1 emergency medical treatment. Why wait ??

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

What if he breaks his leg (or gets Covid) a week before he's due to travel?  Insurance advice is always to buy it as soon as you book.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-travel-insurance/#tip2

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, KWA said:

What if he breaks his leg (or gets Covid) a week before he's due to travel?  Insurance advice is always to buy it as soon as you book.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-travel-insurance/#tip2

A risk he takes I guess , he used to spend 6 month in Thailand and six months home ( pre Covid ) so I'm guessing the Thai medical worked out cheaper for him ... 

This may, or may not , be correct...!!

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/07/breaking-thailand-ministry-of-transport-and-civil-aviation-authority-releases-to-airlines-new-entry-requirements-effective-from-january-9th/

All pax need vaccine cert. Under 18s and those unable to be vaccinated, exempt. Thais exempt.  No mention of those who are just plain not vaccinated... 

Pax returning to a country that requires a -ve test pre entry require insurance to cover them should they test +ve and not be able to return.