COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

17 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Well it's your choice mate.

You say the Thai government haven't considered the implications of their decisions, but it's your own personal decision that's at the root of this.

Could think of worse things than being stuck in LOS till April.

If you can't stick  it out, then what value do you put on your own choice not to be vaccinated? Fair enough if it's a strong principle with you, then you change your flight, and cut and run.

I'd like to be stuck in LOS. My problem is getting back in after a visa run.
I will find a way back in but I certainly won't be vaccinated.

I made the government comment as I have been in Thailand for 3 months and wish to continue being here. I decided to come here when they lifted vaccination restrictions but the goal posts have been moved.

Did the government consider how Indian tourists in Kingdom will get medical insurance before being allowed to leave?

Someone with good PDF skills could make good money.

I think that it will all settle down to having a negative test 48-72 hours before flying.

Edited by karon steve

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Of course the most logical Solution would be for the Chinese to administer checking PCR tests at the point of departure in China and let them take on the administration for fit to fly, and keep everything the same as it was for visitors from.other countries instead of creating a mountain out of a me hill  

That doesn't work. After all, it's not the Chinese who want to stop their people from travelling.

Remember early on in the pano, the Indians travelling to Australia were negative on the Indian administered PCR test but tested positive 8 hours later on the Australian administered PCR test.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, karon steve said:

I'd like to be stuck in LOS. My problem is getting back in after a visa run.
I will find a way back in but I certainly won't be vaccinated.

I made the government comment as I have been in Thailand for 3 months and wish to continue being here. I decided to come here when they lifted vaccination restrictions but the goal posts have been moved.

Did the government consider how Indian tourists in Kingdom will get medical insurance before being allowed to leave?

Someone with good PDF skills could make good money.

I think that it will all settle down to having a negative test 48-72 hours before flying.

Well reading the post from Painter sounds like you've nothing to worry about now.

Academic now but Barrow had reported that no checks were enforced at land borders.

What a shambles!

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What a joke. Glad this nonsense was canceled, but just goes to show everyone once again the country is being run by a bunch of amateurs.

And one in particular who has aspirations to be PM! 

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

What a joke. Glad this nonsense was canceled, but just goes to show everyone once again the country is being run by a bunch of amateurs.

I had a picture in my mind of an official at BKK Arrivals calling out "All vaccinated passengers go to Immigration counters 1-15. Those not vaccinated go to holding area and have 5k ready for PCR test. Any who fail will be removed to ASQ hotels at their cost.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ha ha, its over as quickly as it started

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/09/breaking-thai-public-health-minister-says-covid-19-vaccine-documentation-proof-requirements-to-enter-thailand-to-be-cancelled/

What a farce and a complete waste of time

I presume that Chinese visitors can just start coming with no restrictions too. 

I wonder if there is plan B?

Anyone for tennis?

• Haha 1

I'm going to take my vaccination certs and proof of Covid coverage, just incase ... I didn't bother getting a two month visa for my next trip , so will be leaving and re-entering the country at some point ... best be prepared 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I'm going to take my vaccination certs and proof of Covid coverage, just incase ... I didn't bother getting a two month visa for my next trip , so will be leaving and re-entering the country at some point ... best be prepared 

I learned when I was in the Boy Scouts to "always be prepared"

I agree, better to be safe than sorry, and we never know what's around the corner. Matters could easily change again at short notice.  

On 1/9/2023 at 9:31 PM, Stillearly said:

I have my 4 with me this trip, you never know when things will change. 

I also have a pre paid covid test kit if required to return home.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://dailytelegraph.co.nz/world/thai-princess-coma-mystery-world-expert-says-its-a-covid-jab-injury/

44 YEAR OLD PRINCESS BAJRAKITIYABHA OF THAILAND COLLAPSED WHILE OUT WALKING HER DOGS ON 14 DECEMBER LAST YEAR.

According to sources she had not felt well after receiving her 3rd booster. After her collapse she lost consciousness and remains in a coma. 

According to Bhakdi, who claims he and his contacts have been in direct contact with the Thai Royal Family over the matter, the princess’ collapse was an adverse reaction to the COVID jab. She was previously healthy with no known medical conditions.

47 minutes ago, Bazle said:

https://dailytelegraph.co.nz/world/thai-princess-coma-mystery-world-expert-says-its-a-covid-jab-injury/

44 YEAR OLD PRINCESS BAJRAKITIYABHA OF THAILAND COLLAPSED WHILE OUT WALKING HER DOGS ON 14 DECEMBER LAST YEAR.

According to sources she had not felt well after receiving her 3rd booster. After her collapse she lost consciousness and remains in a coma. 

According to Bhakdi, who claims he and his contacts have been in direct contact with the Thai Royal Family over the matter, the princess’ collapse was an adverse reaction to the COVID jab. She was previously healthy with no known medical conditions.

Because the subject matter is something we have to be very careful posting and speaking publicly about, I won't provide links. But a simple Google Search will lead those that wish to a well connected source that offers a different medical view, and not the result of a Covid vaccine jab.

It's been on the Thai PBS site since the 8th January. If it was offending anyone I'm sure it would have been removed by now.

Princess Bajrakitiyabha remains unconscious and under treatment in hospital

• January 8, 2023

Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyabha Narendira Debyavati has been and remains unconscious, and doctors are still treating her with medications. She is also on a life support system, to support the function of her heart, lungs and kidneys, and to enable close monitoring of her condition, the Bureau of the Royal Household said on Sunday.

The Princess fell unconscious due to a heart problem and was admitted to King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital on December 15th.

Doctors at the hospital have attributed the initial collapse to an extremely irregular heart beat, induced by Mycoplasma infection, resulting in unconsciousness.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/princess-bajrakitiyabha-remains-unconscious-and-under-treatment-in-hospital/

Mycoplasma pneumoniae are bacteria that can cause illness by damaging the lining of the respiratory system (throat, lungs, windpipe).

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Krapow said:

So what's the mask situation, still 'Up to You', but dirty looks in Bangkok or public transport if you don't?

Or does not cut care now?

f**k wearing a mask in April, mega hot!

No big deal anymore. You see a few people wearing masks, especially catering staff in some restaurants but on the whole, in Pattaya anyway, no one seems bothered whether you mask up.ir not. 

I didn't use one on both my recent trips. 

There have been some nasty non Covid bugs going around though. 

8 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

No big deal anymore. You see a few people wearing masks, especially catering staff in some restaurants but on the whole, in Pattaya anyway, no one seems bothered whether you mask up.ir not. 

I didn't use one on both my recent trips. 

There have been some nasty non Covid bugs going around though. 

I see a few pics of Thai staff wearing them in hotels in Bangkok, but probably like when we were there last year, mostly just Thai staff.