COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

BKK all malls to shuit from tomorrow, all shops excluding food stores, restaurants and pharmacies..  all to close

FYI.. the reason restaurants is left on the list all the time ISnt what many think.  its a translation from "place to eat"  for the thais, so runs from the ritz to the tin shack with 6 stools.

Don't know if true are not but once it was announced malls are to close people started panic buying food. She showed me a few photos and it did seem that that's what's happening. 

4 hours ago, Murchie said:

Don't know if true are not but once it was announced malls are to close people started panic buying food. She showed me a few photos and it did seem that that's what's happening. 

supermarkets et al can remain open, there is no shortage.    

6 hours ago, tommy dee said:

BKK all malls to shuit from tomorrow, all shops excluding food stores, restaurants and pharmacies..  all to close

FYI.. the reason restaurants is left on the list all the time ISnt what many think.  its a translation from "place to eat"  for the thais, so runs from the ritz to the tin shack with 6 stools.

It won't be long before it's nationwide.

• Like 1

Mrs restaurant up in Isaan still open ....... but real countryside open air place. She reckons even up there nobody going out.

What have you heard from Monday Tom in Thailand?

Just seen Sky News from Italy --- Jesus its fucking awful up in Lombardy scenes were almost unbearable

+++ it's now hitting 30-40 year olds and not old codgers like me and Tommy D.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Mrs restaurant up in Isaan still open ....... but real countryside open air place. She reckons even up there nobody going out.

What have you heard from Monday Tom in Thailand?

Just seen Sky News from Italy --- Jesus its fucking awful up in Lombardy scenes were almost unbearable

+++ it's now hitting 30-40 year olds and not old codgers like me and Tommy D.

cheeky twat :)

all i can see is the SOP which is tha the decree goes out to BKK, now  already neigbouring provinces have adopted and by monday it will be here too.  and phuket and cm and silands, then everywhere by mid week.  this idea of hanging on to the end of the month is pathetic, sadly.  as by then a renewal of clampdowns will be asy as the gp will adapt to it by then.  3-4 months  at least.

god help us.  or buddha, or who ever is listening 😉

btw I have paracetomal i am willing to trade for bog roll if anyone is interested 😉

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I still remain less worried for the Thais ,as they are extremely rugged people,that can always go back and live simply if they need to.

Our family in Isaan has been notified by the cheese and kisses what to do,and becuase she’s married to a Falang,they believe in and do what she says.

we've topped up the account ,not overly,and they have been instructed how to buy food and what distances they should stay away from each other.

Mum and Dad are over 80,so they’ve been sent out to the farm house,where food will be dropped for them.

My brother in law has stepped up and understands what to do.

f**k he’s a hard c**t,motorcycle accident couple of years ago didn’t kill him,can’t imagine this knocking him over.

Yes it will kill a bunch if them,but they will bounce back quicker than we will I believe.

,just simply through necessity.

Bit of whining going on over here,specially about other people’s business.

Mostly everyone has been good,but our sense of entitlement,I believe will make it more difficult to get it knocked over and move forward.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

cheeky twat 🙂

all i can see is the SOP which is tha the decree goes out to BKK, now  already neigbouring provinces have adopted and by monday it will be here too.  and phuket and cm and silands, then everywhere by mid week.  this idea of hanging on to the end of the month is pathetic, sadly.  as by then a renewal of clampdowns will be asy as the gp will adapt to it by then.  3-4 months  at least.

god help us.  or buddha, or who ever is listening 😉

btw I have paracetomal i am willing to trade for bog roll if anyone is interested 😉

I have enough Nurofen and Andrex for 2 months ...well if I was living on my own ...... daughter and boyfriend here too.

Are restaurants closed in Pattaya too Tom? Been told conflicting stories....... should be.

Mrs just texted me food markets all closing in Isaan ..... (I'll PM you the address of the Mrs restaurant in Isaan Tom she's still open so you won't starve mate) She takes luncheon vouchers so ....

Skinny fecker you need to put on some weight :default_cheers:

• Haha 1

This is the clearest and least ambiguous statement I've seen on what is required to enter Thailand.  It comes from Thai Airways official Facebook page.  It applies to passengers whose destination is Thailand as well as those transiting through Thailand.

THai.jpg....thai1.JPG

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

I have enough Nurofen

Nurofen- W.H.O are recommending paracetamol. I was given a medical explanation of this yesterday, by a boffin. I trust him implicitly but just glazed over during the science😀

From the Jerusalem Post:

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/World-Health-Organization-backs-call-to-avoid-ibuprofen-for-coronavirus-621408

Have been avoiding the news today, been watching too much of it. I did though after your earlier post,  just watch Sky News report on Bergamo. Now that is a scary, wake-up call.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have some close friends parents live in Bergamo ............... did you see the scenes of Italian army trucks middle of the night driving bodies away ??

Awful this is no ordinary virus ....I know of at least 3 people with it ...... one side effect is they lose sense of taste and smell.

Mate of mine became a super spreader but has survived and he's 66 .....fit fucker .......I need to avoid the news Lems but ach well.

Had a few Paddy's night racing from Wexford on ....looked around and thought half this pub will be dead soon. Loads of old Paddies ...... :default_drinks:

Stay strong D. 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand?fbclid=IwAR1IMUzsv3UwLG3BTNFqP51Wwy3B17GeTcocQsueZDkOUiNMSJn2_8sJPI0

Advice for British nationals in Thailand temporarily

If you wish to leave Thailand you should make a plan to leave now and contact your airline or tour operator. We are aware that many airlines are suspending or reducing flights, both direct and indirect, to the United Kingdom. All British Airways flights are suspended from 29th March. We anticipate that you will find it increasingly difficult to return to the UK. This disruption is likely to last for many months.

If you are in Thailand temporarily, for example if you are on holiday or on a business trip, you should familiarise yourself with your airline’s policies towards coronavirus, including whether special requirements are in place such as providing a medical health certificate during the check-in procedure.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, nampla69 said:

I have enough Nurofen and Andrex for 2 months ...well if I was living on my own ...... daughter and boyfriend here too.

Are restaurants closed in Pattaya too Tom? Been told conflicting stories....... should be.

Mrs just texted me food markets all closing in Isaan ..... (I'll PM you the address of the Mrs restaurant in Isaan Tom she's still open so you won't starve mate) She takes luncheon vouchers so ....

Skinny fecker you need to put on some weight :default_cheers:

luncheon vouchers hey?  Madam sin perhaps.. reminds me of Mrs. C Payne  back in the day..  BCSD  and all... which worried me as I had a roller at the time... not sure if most will get that :)

Tommy's plan...  well I think our locals will have all been closed down soon,   on the outskirts of the city the police are less keen to close real restaurants, but it will probably happen within days.  people are all very worried, villagers and expats ONLy talk about the big corona.   shops and markets are full of food etc,   and the mini marts get regualr deliveries.  i had masks before the crisis for the smog, as i go to work early when its at its peak, so not sure if you can buy them now.  I had someone in the car the other day saw amy box of them and they were amazed that i had been able to get them.  so i shared a few.  some things i dont understand,  is the closing of public anf group ( estate) swimming pools, but then again i guess they encourage people to get close.  I have upped my pathetic "get fit" regime  to include walking 100 laps a day of my pool with weights, its a simple thing but gets you going and opens up your lungs..  I am also making usre i take pletnty fo vits etc and water.  not more you can do really.    we have banned visitors to the sutdios and will probably go to work from home only soon.  Our income has been slashed to virtually zero and will hit rock bottom if hotels cant advertise their food etc, which is already in effect in bkk.  from then on its gonna be very tought.  I have designed a trap that catches local dogs, ( bats too for variety) and so we should eat well until the locals notice.  T.

• Great Info 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1883290/chinese-tourists-ready-to-break-out

Several Chinese provinces have lifted travel restrictions on their citizens. TAT hoping to lure the filthy mongrels back in April.

Unf**kingreal! Way to premature to let those bat soup eating, shit in the street, blowing their nose with their fingers on the sidewalk cruddy MOFOs back into Thailand. The Thai health minister calls us dirty farangs and these vermin are going to be let back in. I bet they will allow them to skirt the 100,000 health insurance as well. Despicable!!

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Thumbs Up 3

At 6:56 am this morning I was abruptly woken from a good night's rest to loud (volume 11) Thai music emanating from the next soi over. My lady tells me they're having a wedding today.

Just had a look at the set up and see they've managed to squeeze in seating for close to 100 in a small parking area between two houses. Only a half dozen or so milling about now, but expect the place to be packed in the next couple of hours. So much for the Thai adhering to their government's mandate on social distancing. Bunch of hypocrites. Won't be surprised to read we have a COVID-19 outbreak in the next couple days traced back to a wedding party held in a residential area close to Max Muay Thai.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

luncheon vouchers hey?  Madam sin perhaps.. reminds me of Mrs. C Payne  back in the day..  BCSD  and all... which worried me as I had a roller at the time... not sure if most will get that 🙂

Tommy's plan...  well I think our locals will have all been closed down soon,   on the outskirts of the city the police are less keen to close real restaurants, but it will probably happen within days.  people are all very worried, villagers and expats ONLy talk about the big corona.   shops and markets are full of food etc,   and the mini marts get regualr deliveries.  i had masks before the crisis for the smog, as i go to work early when its at its peak, so not sure if you can buy them now.  I had someone in the car the other day saw amy box of them and they were amazed that i had been able to get them.  so i shared a few.  some things i dont understand,  is the closing of public anf group ( estate) swimming pools, but then again i guess they encourage people to get close.  I have upped my pathetic "get fit" regime  to include walking 100 laps a day of my pool with weights, its a simple thing but gets you going and opens up your lungs..  I am also making usre i take pletnty fo vits etc and water.  not more you can do really.    we have banned visitors to the sutdios and will probably go to work from home only soon.  Our income has been slashed to virtually zero and will hit rock bottom if hotels cant advertise their food etc, which is already in effect in bkk.  from then on its gonna be very tought.  I have designed a trap that catches local dogs, ( bats too for variety) and so we should eat well until the locals notice.  T.

Don't worry tom I will fedex a care package from work , don't worry its all halal killed for our muslim friends ( wonders what courier bag would fit in a 250kg side of beef) 4am this morning I counted 17 , 13m freezer containers stacked up taking the over flow because the pesky Chinese and poms are in lock down

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Nurofen- W.H.O are recommending paracetamol. I was given a medical explanation of this yesterday, by a boffin. I trust him implicitly but just glazed over during the science😀

From the Jerusalem Post:

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/World-Health-Organization-backs-call-to-avoid-ibuprofen-for-coronavirus-621408

Have been avoiding the news today, been watching too much of it. I did though after your earlier post,  just watch Sky News report on Bergamo. Now that is a scary, wake-up call.

Updated: WHO Now Doesn't Recommend Avoiding Ibuprofen For COVID-19 Symptoms

https://www.sciencealert.com/who-recommends-to-avoid-taking-ibuprofen-for-covid-19-symptoms   (among plenty of others)

Now I'm glad there's no confusion about the advice being given!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

Updated: WHO Now Doesn't Recommend Avoiding Ibuprofen For COVID-19 Symptoms

https://www.sciencealert.com/who-recommends-to-avoid-taking-ibuprofen-for-covid-19-symptoms   (among plenty of others)

Now I'm glad there's no confusion about the advice being given!

The Jerusalem Post article is dated 4 days after your source above. Given the speed things are moving at, I'd take advice issued 4 days later as correct.

As mentioned in my post, a boffin pal of mine gave me a super-detailed explanation of the differing ways Ibuprofen and Paracetamol act on the body. I just glazed over to be honest but trust the guy implicitly.

Don't think trying to be too clever is the way to go here. If someone is sick, why take the chance? Take paracetamol.

Even if it turns out that Ibuprofen is effective, it if it's not that's a hell of downside to risk.

9 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Have some close friends parents live in Bergamo ............... did you see the scenes of Italian army trucks middle of the night driving bodies away ??

Awful this is no ordinary virus ....I know of at least 3 people with it ...... one side effect is they lose sense of taste and smell.

Mate of mine became a super spreader but has survived and he's 66 .....fit fucker .......I need to avoid the news Lems but ach well.

Had a few Paddy's night racing from Wexford on ....looked around and thought half this pub will be dead soon. Loads of old Paddies ...... :default_drinks:

Stay strong D. 

Yes saw the same film Namps with a convoy of about half a dozen large military trucks taking the dead away.

I don't know anyone personally that has got it, but given my local hospital ran out of beds on Thursday evening maybe I do?

I'm in good shape, and am observing all the protocols, not worried for myself but am very concerned about family and friends.

Have several family members nursing in both England and Ireland (including 2 intensive care nurses, though looking at the Bergamo film, that might be an artificial distinction very shortly). My family seems to be contributing a disproportionate number of Varadkar's Churchillian few.

Had the exact same thought about the old boys down the pub last Tuesday- worried about them. There will be a terrible accounting on the other side of this when we realise who we've lost.

Will see you for a beer on the other side of this:default_beer:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

At 6:56 am this morning I was abruptly woken from a good night's rest to loud (volume 11) Thai music emanating from the next soi over. My lady tells me they're having a wedding today.

Just had a look at the set up and see they've managed to squeeze in seating for close to 100 in a small parking area between two houses. Only a half dozen or so milling about now, but expect the place to be packed in the next couple of hours. So much for the Thai adhering to their government's mandate on social distancing. Bunch of hypocrites. Won't be surprised to read we have a COVID-19 outbreak in the next couple days traced back to a wedding party held in a residential area close to Max Muay Thai.

They don't care as long as the baht rolls in and they can get rid of the 'dirty farangs'. They absolutely despise westerners. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

They don't care as long as the baht rolls in and they can get rid of the 'dirty farangs'. They absolutely despise westerners. 

I'm sorry but what does a wedding have to do with what you posted.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1883290/chinese-tourists-ready-to-break-out

Several Chinese provinces have lifted travel restrictions on their citizens. TAT hoping to lure the filthy mongrels back in April.

I laughed out loud when I read that article. If that Clown seriously thinks the Chinese Government, after all the effort to control it in their own country, will let there citizens travel to other countries who don't have it under control and then bring it back to China. Then he is an even bigger idiot than the rest of clowns who make up the circus that runs Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1