COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

4 hours ago, andycoll said:

I laughed out loud when I read that article. If that Clown seriously thinks the Chinese Government, after all the effort to control it in their own country, will let there citizens travel to other countries who don't have it under control and then bring it back to China. Then he is an even bigger idiot than the rest of clowns who make up the circus that runs Thailand.

Anyone,including Chinese nationals,wanting to enter China have to undergo 2 weeks of solitary isolation and also pay for it.

PUBLISHED : 22 MAR 2020 AT 12:00

UPDATED: 22 MAR 2020 AT 14:02

Thailand reported 188 new coronavirus infections on Sunday, its largest daily increase, taking the total to 599 cases, a senior Public Health Ministry official said.

The majority of the new infections are connected to a previous cluster of cases from Lumpini boxing stadium, ministry spokesman Taweesin Wisanuyothin told a news conference.

Seven are in serious condition, he said, while one has already recovered.

"Most of the new cases were found in Bangkok and were among young people who continue to have social activities, which can lead to more infections," Dr Taweesin said, urging the public to stay home.

The ministry said the male patient discharged from Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute was a 36-year-old Singaporean, while seven patients in serious condition are being treated at the institute, Siriraj, Chulalongkorn Memorial, Phetchabun and private hospitals.

Many of the 15 new cases reported on Sunday returned to the country after hanging out in pubs in Poipet, just across the Cambodian border from Sa Kaew province, it added.

'Stay in Bangkok'

The ministry urged people who worked in places ordered closed in Bangkok not to return to their home provinces as they could spread the virus to their family members at home, exacerbating the outbreak.

All provincial governors have been ordered to closely monitor people who return to their villages from the capital. 

"The rapid increase in the number of new patients could result in many deciding to return to their home provinces," the ministry said.

The ministry also sent an urgent letter informing chiefs of all airports, the Land Transport Department and State Railways of Thailand about the need to strictly screen passengers in an attempt to contain the pandemic.

Infections in Thailand have jumped this month, prompting the government to close shopping malls, restaurants and other gathering venues to stop the pandemic. The nation’s capital imposed a partial shutdown from Sunday. 

There has been one death linked to the virus in Thailand so far. 

The increase in cases does not necessarily indicate how quickly the disease is actually spreading among the general population, since very few people have been tested, and the number of confirmed infections is bound to rise as testing increases among at-risk individuals.

13 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Unf**kingreal! Way to premature to let those bat soup eating, shit in the street, blowing their nose with their fingers on the sidewalk cruddy MOFOs back into Thailand. The Thai health minister calls us dirty farangs and these vermin are going to be let back in. I bet they will allow them to skirt the 100,000 health insurance as well. Despicable!!

Well said......wifey is livid when she heard this on her social media from LOS. What is wrong with the Thai Gov't?  Man she was pissed as she has her Brother, Nieces and Nephews locally and it's mind boggling. 100% agree too they will let the insurance slide for them. 

• Like 3

FWIW....I went for a wander earlier. Condo on 2nd road soi 15, down to 2nd road. 13/3 to beach road. Along to royal garden. Back to walking street, up soi diamond, along pattaya tai to buckhou and back to condo on soi 15.

I dont think I saw more than 20 "farang", and a lot of those were young ?Russian couples, looking bewildered. The seafood places had a couple of hello people, but no noise. Even the tourist police were way down in numbers...

Maybe similar numbers (20) of ladies on beach road. Admittedly it was 8 - 8.30ish, so early.

No girls loitering on walking street. Maybe 2 or 3 others on tai and buckhou.

It's like a ghost town. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Well said......wifey is livid when she heard this on her social media from LOS. What is wrong with the Thai Gov't?  Man she was pissed as she has her Brother, Nieces and Nephews locally and it's mind boggling. 100% agree too they will let the insurance slide for them. 

While I don't disagree with you, Chinese tourists accounted for 27,5% of all tourist arrivals last year and tourism as an industry is roughly 18% of Thailand's GDP so they represent approx 5% of Thailands GDP.  

https://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism.asp

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Esco said:

While I don't disagree with you, Chinese tourists accounted for 27,5% of all tourist arrivals last year and tourism as an industry is roughly 18% of Thailand's GDP so they represent approx 5% of Thailands GDP.  

https://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism.asp

There are lies, etc. 🙂

Clip_2-by-Market-50.jpg

http://www.atta.or.th/statistics-international-tourists-arriving-in-thailand-as-of-as-of-10-march-2020/

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

Where's the lie? 

I showed data up to 2019 you showed 2020 data and apparently their contribution to the overall tourism numbers is even greater making the point I tried to make even more valid as they now make up 7,5% of GDP.... 

Just now, Esco said:

Where's the lie? 

I showed data up to 2019 you showed 2020 data and apparently their contribution to the overall tourism numbers is even greater making the point I tried to make even more valid as they now make up 7,5% of GDP.... 

Sorry - I was referring to a phrase in English, popularised by Mark Twain: "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics".

1 hour ago, Painter said:

FWIW....I went for a wander earlier. Condo on 2nd road soi 15, down to 2nd road. 13/3 to beach road. Along to royal garden. Back to walking street, up soi diamond, along pattaya tai to buckhou and back to condo on soi 15.

I dont think I saw more than 20 "farang", and a lot of those were young ?Russian couples, looking bewildered. The seafood places had a couple of hello people, but no noise. Even the tourist police were way down in numbers...

Maybe similar numbers (20) of ladies on beach road. Admittedly it was 8 - 8.30ish, so early.

It's like a ghost town. 

Yes, that's all well and good, but the important stuff, is the Avenue food court still open?

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Unf**kingreal! Way to premature to let those bat soup eating, shit in the street, blowing their nose with their fingers on the sidewalk cruddy MOFOs back into Thailand. The Thai health minister calls us dirty farangs and these vermin are going to be let back in. I bet they will allow them to skirt the 100,000 health insurance as well. Despicable!!

A video going viral tonight of a chink cooking a live dog. You can hear the poor thing bark in agony. They never learn their lesson. They are subhuman barbarians. They shouldn't be allowed out of their own dystopian, polluted hellhole.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are  there any confirmed cases of covid 19 in Pattaya yet?

I suppose it is very quiet in Immigration right now but imagine the problems if any of their staff went down with it?

Edited by Jambo

4 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Are  there any confirmed cases of covid 19 in Pattaya yet?

I suppose it is very quiet in Immigration right now but imagine the problems if any of their staff went down with it?

No confirmed cases in Patts as of 5 days ago, but I would "guess" there are some who have gone undetected. Thailand now has 600 or so confirmed cases nationwide as of today. 

Thailand Virus Cases Rocket Nearly 600

12 hours ago, Painter said:

It's like a ghost town. 

We couldn't have missed you by much as we came from further out but were on Beach Road, Walking Street to Bali Hai, backtracked then up by Secrets, 2nd Road, Soi 15 to the soi between The Urban and Grand Avenue, on to Buakhao, Choyapoom to 3rd Road and home.  It was great not having to avoid traffic and people almost every step of the way.  The beach looks lovely (apart from what looks like a lot of people sleeping there now) and even the water looks clearer without all the boats spilling their crap into it every day.

Question for anyone in Pattaya just now.  Is your hotel/condo/whatever swimming pool open just now?  Ours shut today, allegedly due to the virus, but the public one on 3rd Road is still open.  Afer that walk I was dying just to fall into the pool to cool off.

Edited by KWA

53 minutes ago, KWA said:

We couldn't have missed you by much as we came from further out but were on Beach Road, Walking Street to Bali Hai, backtracked then up by Secrets, 2nd Road, Soi 15 to the soi between The Urban and Grand Avenue, on to Buakhao, Choyapoom to 3rd Road and home.  It was great not having to avoid traffic and people almost every step of the way.  The beach looks lovely (apart from what looks like a lot of people sleeping there now) and even the water looks clearer without all the boats spilling their crap into it every day.

Question for anyone in Pattaya just now.  Is your hotel/condo/whatever swimming pool open just now?  Ours shut today, allegedly due to the virus, but the public one on 3rd Road is still open.  Afer that walk I was dying just to fall into the pool to cool off.

You may have been one of the farang I counted!

Our pool closed two days ago, although a couple of people are still using it at their own risk.

44 minutes ago, Painter said:

You may have been one of the farang I counted!

Our pool closed two days ago, although a couple of people are still using it at their own risk.

Not sure I see where the risk is, assuming they're not elbows and asses together in the pool. If anything the chlorinated water in the pool would be one of the safer places to cool off as the water will quickly kill any viruses.

Apparently the Thai govt has sent a letter to all schools saying that they will pay half salary to teachers. However this do not include foreign teachers. So this may give an indication to come as the Thai govt will operate any 'rescue packages'. Any foreigner that thinks they will get a wing off the Thai govt is mistaken.

4 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Do you have evidence that your flight has been cancelled.

Bangkok - Dubai hasn't been cancelled, due to fly on Friday but that ain't happening. Have the email from Emirates for the cancellation of Dubai - Kuwait.

• Like 1

I mentioned in another topic that Mae Sot had just experienced its first positive case of covid-19 and that the guy arrived by coach. That turned out to be incorrect and now has a direct relevence to Pattaya.

The guy flew into Suvarnabhumi on the 17th March. He is a Pakistan national but works on the river up here on the Thai/Burma border.

He then spent 17 - 20 in Pattaya and was supposed to self isolate but he apparently ignored that instruction having met up with his girl friend who is a teacher here in Mae Sot. Having found most of Pattaya closed they decided to take a Nok Air flight from Don Mueang to Mae Sot on the 20th but must have already started to feel unwell.

On the 21st March he went to a private hospital but they did not have the facility to test him other than to agree he had a fever. I think they kept him in on the 21st and sent him the next day to the Government Hospital where they test came up positive. They are waiting for the result of the test on his girlfriend.

They are trying to trace the other passengers on the flight.

This would have been Pattaya's first case if he had not taken the Nok Air flight. In three days he must have been a risk to people in Pattaya and maybe confirmed cases will follow in the days ahead from this source.