COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

23 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

It appears the Thailand 'elite visa' isn't so elite after all. Holders aren't permitted entry to the country at present.

If the "elite visa" precluded you from being infected I would demand a refund. 🤣

• Like 2

Just been speaking with a mate in Ao Nan, Krabi. It seems that Covid restrictions are being taken with a pinch of salt there. He had a party at his house last evening and, when I 'phoned him, was around at a friend's pool drinking the remainder of the wine!

45 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Just been speaking with a mate in Ao Nan, Krabi. It seems that Covid restrictions are being taken with a pinch of salt there. He had a party at his house last evening and, when I 'phoned him, was around at a friend's pool drinking the remainder of the wine!

Being taken with a pinch of salt up north. Lass sent me a photo of her and her pals drinking at a Thai bbq, place was rammed.

I wonder if any farang have tried to eat there for free?

Evil

BKKPost.JPG

Pattaya pub becomes community kitchen

Owner serving free meals to help those left jobless in tourist town

PUBLISHED : 27 MAR 2020 AT 18:13

PATTAYA: The coronavirus pandemic has turned a pub in this resort city into a community kitchen serving free food for workers who have lost jobs when the global tourism industry ground to a halt.

Surajai Attanart, owner of the Differ Night Pub, and his workers feed up to 1,000 residents who have fallen on hard times due to the pandemic that has infected 530,000 worldwide, killed more than 24,000 and prompted many countries including Thailand to close their borders.

Thailand’s measures to suppress the spread of the disease have left many without jobs as many businesses, mainly in entertainment and spas, were closed down. Like many others, Surajai’s business is hurting, but he wanted to contribute to the community.

“On our part, we’re giving out free food to people who have borne the brunt of the situation. At least, (this way), they can save around 40 to 50 baht for a meal per day, adding a lifeline for them,” Surajai, 43, told Reuters.

About a thousand lunch boxes are packed daily in the pub’s kitchen, where dozens of the remaining workers gather to prepare ready-to-eat meals.

(READ MORE)

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2

Daugther, who works at a 4* hotel exec floor in  BKK on 30d unpaid leave.

3 of her coworkers already laid off. She hopes to be laid off as well so she gets the severance pay. 

Not in a good mood as she will have to tap in her savings for the coming months....

Inevitable and worse is to come for many I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

3 of her coworkers already laid off. She hopes to be laid off as well so she gets the severance pay. 

Not in a good mood as she will have to tap in her savings for the coming months....

Hope things work out for your family still in Thailand.

From Richard Barrow:

barrow.JPG.9801fe9799dcf324bdbb7111ef49b9f4.JPG

And from Reuters:

Thailand closes more public facilities as coronavirus cases top 1,100
Thursday, March 26, 2020

11:13 p.m. CDT by Thomson Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai government on Friday ordered the closing down of more public facilities and businesses in a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus, and extended existing closures until the end of April.

Several provinces have also issued orders to restrict the opening and closing times of 24-hour convenience stores to reduce the time when people are out in public places.

The government's new Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) in Bangkok says provincial governors now have the authority to implement strict regulations to contain the outbreak.

Thailand reported 91 new coronavirus cases and one fatality on Friday, bringing the total to 1,136 cases and five deaths, a health official said on Friday. So far, 97 patients have recovered and gone home.

(LINK)

Edited by Evil Penevil

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Send some of your breakfast pictures to cheer her up 😉 

9 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Long distance trains in Thailand have also been cancelled.

Not all long distance trains have been cancelled.

SRT to halt long-distance air-con trains

The State Railway of Thailand will stop operating air-conditioned express, rapid, sleeper and dining trains to all regions from April 1 because of a lack of passengers.

Travellers could still board ordinary trains for travel on the same routes, Mr Voravuth said.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Being taken with a pinch of salt up north. Lass sent me a photo of her and her pals drinking at a Thai bbq, place was rammed.

I am up in the north west in Mae Sot.

We did a monthly shop in Macro 3 days ago. It was very busy but every single shopper was wearing a mask and you were temperature tested at the entrance.

Similar story in our large Tesco store except none of the Burmese were doing so. I read yesterday that 4,200 Burmese went back across the "friendship Bridge" the following day.

Outside of the big stores it is a somewhat different story. I would guess that maybe 50% of the Thai's are complying. All the bars however are shut as far as I am aware.

There are not that many farangs in the Town and although from what I understand it makes little difference to the likelehood of getting coronavirus I am now wearing a mask when I venture out. I don't wish to be the "dirty farang who never showers" although I have never once come across any animosity to me personally. Everybody is very friendly up here although I suppose that could change if the epidemic really takes hold which it has not done up to now.

I was speaking to a friend yesterday who is staying in the Korat area and he told me that the Thai's locally are  taking absolutely no notice at all of the official requests.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Jambo said:

We did a monthly shop in Macro 3 days ago. It was very busy but every single shopper was wearing a mask and you were temperature tested at the entrance.

Similar story in our large Tesco store except none of the Burmese were doing so. I read yesterday that 4,200 Burmese went back across the "friendship Bridge" the following day.

Outside of the big stores it is a somewhat different story. I would guess that maybe 50% of the Thai's are complying. All the bars however are shut as far as I am aware.

There are not that many farangs in the Town and although from what I understand it makes little difference to the likelehood of getting coronavirus I am now wearing a mask when I venture out. I don't wish to be the "dirty farang who never showers" although I have never once come across any animosity to me personally. Everybody is very friendly up here although I suppose that could change if the epidemic really takes hold which it has not done up to now.

I was speaking to a friend yesterday who is staying in the Korat area and he told me that the Thai's locally are  taking absolutely no notice at all of the official requests.

Don't know about where your friend lives in Korat, but my GF lives in the Sida and Bua Yai area up north in Korat. The Thais in that area are heeding to the requests from govt officials. The temples are all closed for public gatherings. Local Songkran festivities are cancelled. People are not leaving home unless necessary. Now this is for the most part. But saying, "absolutely no notice" for all of Korat is not true.

• Like 1

Don't know about where your friend lives in Korat, but my GF lives in the Sida and Bua Yai area up north in Korat. The Thais in that area are heeding to the requests from govt officials. The temples are all closed for public gatherings. Local Songkran festivities are cancelled. People are not leaving home unless necessary. Now this is for the most part. But saying, "absolutely no notice" for all of Korat is not true.

Was struggling to get a refund or credit for our AirAsia flights in April but once Songkran was cancelled we got credits for the flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

In their defence most Thais in the cities don't get to see their friends and family that often. They are very social creatures so it's expected they would fraternising with each other. Just not the greatest in the midst of a pandemic.

15 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

IMG_20200310_185452_resized_20200310_073725924.jpg

Brendon - Do you think it is this cafe - article in press does refer to inaccuracies of translation.  Photo from @Blue Streak

Located Beach Road just round the corner from Soi 6.

• Like 1

Just now, john luke said:

IMG_20200310_185452_resized_20200310_073725924.jpg

Brendon - Do you think it is this cafe - article in press does refer to inaccuracies of translation.  Photo from @Blue Streak

Located Beach Road just round the corner from Soi 6.

Not too sure. The article was taken from a Thai to English translation and we know how bad those are. It does reference 'soi 6 bar beer', which to me would be a beer bar on that soi.

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Not too sure. The article was taken from a Thai to English translation and we know how bad those are. It does reference 'soi 6 bar beer', which to me would be a beer bar on that soi.

image.png

From the article:

In Pattaya/Banglamung, anyone who visited either the ‘Café De Beach’ or ‘Khon La Fun’ restaurants on March 15, or ‘Bar Beer Soi 6 Pattaya’ between February 24 and March 26 (names translated from Thai, may differ slightly) is required to quarantine at home for 14 days. If you have symptoms such as cough, high fever, sore throat, or are facing respiratory difficulties, you must see a doctor immediately.

Google search of Cafe De Beach brings the Facebook page above.

The reason the post attracted my interest was a couple of days back, I walked past the place and saw one lady staff member inside looking very isolated with no customers and thought  I would go and have a coffee.  In the event I did not visit but left it for another day.  Good decision at the time I think.

Khon La Fun’ - seems to be a place on Third Road. 

• Like 1