COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

A very good, first person account of how fast, and severe the symptoms can be. End of the article had some good info on what his medical bills were.

A big thank-you-smiley-animated-thankyousign.gif for the link to that article.  It's one of the best I've read about surviving COVID-19.  The memory of it will serve as both a reminder and inspiration to keep following the recommendations for avoiding infection. I sure as hell don't want a severe case of COVID-19. 

Stay well, you and everyone else. 😷😷😷

Evil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

well finally restaurants and anywhere offering eat in food will close this week.  take away only.. docs waiting to be signed by the big boys.  its been insane so far

when we are told to not sit in groups and you wander past arsehole bar, now cafe, and its full of unwashed, knees together sippin on 2 for 1s... the shit is getting real 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

14 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

well finally restaurants and anywhere offering eat in food will close this week.  take away only.. docs waiting to be signed by the big boys.  its been insane so far

when we are told to not sit in groups and you wander past arsehole bar, now cafe, and its full of unwashed, knees together sippin on 2 for 1s... the shit is getting real 

I think the strategy is not to worry about others, look after yourself (and family). There will be victims. Make sure you're not one of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AP.JPG.760af1106968d1e8bd3d413c9fdee8b0.JPG viaKhaosodEnglish.JPG.8e5aeda0fa37ad04097adf40767c99f0.JPG(KhaosodEnglish)

Phuket Closes Land and Sea Entry and Exit Points
Associated Press - March 30, 2020 2:00 pm

BANGKOK — Thailand’s popular seaside resort island of Phuket has closed all land and sea entry and exit points until April 30 to try to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Tourists Stranded in Asia by Canceled Flights, Shut Borders
Associated Press - March 30, 2020 9:00 am

PHUKET, Thailand (AP) — From the sun-soaked beaches of Thailand to the foothills of Mount Everest, tourists across Asia are finding their dream vacations have turned into travel nightmares as airlines cancel flights and countries close their borders in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.

(READ MORE)

23 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Not rebooking until we get the all clear from both UK and Thailand ... but easy for me , don't need to put anything in the diary ...

True, but if the only option being offered if you have already booked is to rebook, you kinda have to think about it.

A hotel I booked for £500 in July is only offering that, anytime a year ahead, hence me thinking Xmas or Jan. But all sorts could change or happen by then.

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

The Thaiger is reporting this as imminent along with lengthening the bar etc closure period to finish "when the situation improves".

Our local restaurant who have reduced the seats at a table, removed tables to allow more space between them, has free hand sanitiser all over the place, masks on the staff etc will now have to probably go takeaway only.  Still, as Rompho Ray mentions elsewhere, I hope we'll be able to have a beer (or two) while we wait for our food.

11 minutes ago, KWA said:

The Thaiger is reporting this as imminent along with lengthening the bar etc closure period to finish "when the situation improves".

Our local restaurant who have reduced the seats at a table, removed tables to allow more space between them, has free hand sanitiser all over the place, masks on the staff etc will now have to probably go takeaway only.  Still, as Rompho Ray mentions elsewhere, I hope we'll be able to have a beer (or two) while we wait for our food.

555, here there will be no booze, take away only.  once they issue the edict the army will enforce it for sure.  as we sit at home and sweat it out its annoying that the covidiots are flaunting it all.  cough cough :)

3 minutes ago, KWA said:

I hope we'll be able to have a beer (or two) while we wait for our food.

When I lived in Edinburgh I regularly used to order a family carryout from the Indian "Curry House."

I used to go in; order my meal for 45 minutes later; pay and then go to the saloon bar in the pub opposite and have a starter of a bag of dried roasted peanuts and two (or three) pints of Deuchar's IPA.

I sat relaxing reading the Edinburgh Evening News and exactly 45 minutes later the nice Indian gentleman delivered my meal to me in the Bar. He always declined a drink but thanked me for the tip instead.

I then went home apologising for the long wait I had for the meal.

I never fooled the wife. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

555, here there will be no booze, take away only.  once they issue the edict the army will enforce it for sure.  as we sit at home and sweat it out its annoying that the covidiots are flaunting it all.  cough cough 🙂

Is this a nationwide edict?  The report I mentioned was about a Chonburi decision only, although the girlfriend also mentioned one of the provinces elsewhere saying no booze for sale at all, starting tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, KWA said:

Is this a nationwide edict?  The report I mentioned was about a Chonburi decision only, although the girlfriend also mentioned one of the provinces elsewhere saying no booze for sale at all, starting tomorrow.

sakon nakorn has a total booze ban including shops.  the edict here will be chonburi province.. but it will probably make national by weekend.

Well it's good news that it's not a complete ban on booze sales, like up in Sakon Nowhere!

All the same, I decided to indulge in a bit of panic buying and just got 12K Baht in beer, wine and whiskey from Makro. That's on top of the 15K I bought just before they announced the state of emergency.

Hic! Kwarancheen, whaz kwaruncheen...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

as predicted.  now all restaurants in this province cannot serve on premises, and cannot have booze sold for drinking on premises.  and all alcohol sales banned 6PM to 6AM.... guess that messes with the 7/11 outside drinkers clubs.

If people by the rules now there should be no need for a curfew.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

True, but if the only option being offered if you have already booked is to rebook, you kinda have to think about it.

A hotel I booked for £500 in July is only offering that, anytime a year ahead, hence me thinking Xmas or Jan. But all sorts could change or happen by then.

I have a similar problem with my fishing holidays to France and Germany,  They are offering to rebook another year but the ferry and tunnel are only offering to rebook within a year!  Going to be some money lost for me somewhere me thinks!

More testing labs on the way. Article doesn't say where though.

Medical chiefs ramp up Covid-19 test capacity

Up to 40 more labs will be given approval to run tests for Covid-19 infections nationwide by the end of this month, according to the Department of Medical Sciences.

The department said on Tuesday there were currently 57 labs being assessed and certified to run tests,  with 40 more awaiting assessment before they can begin testing.

Once all 97 labs were up and running, they would have the combined capacity to do 10,000 daily tests in Bangkok and surrounding provinces and another 10,000 tests a day in the other provinces.

Centara hotel group to close for a month.

Bangkok Airways suspends international flights until October.

Night curfews imposed in Nonthaburi and Mae Hong Son.

Follow Richard Barrow on social media for reliable reporting regarding Covid in Thailand. He's a fluent in Thai and has been very reliable thus far.

Edited by dcfc2007

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

sakon nakorn has a total booze ban including shops.  the edict here will be chonburi province.. but it will probably make national by weekend.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there will be a downward spiral in motorcycle deaths as a result.

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Centara hotel group to close for a month.

Bangkok Airways suspends international flights until October.

Night curfews imposed in Nonthaburi and Mae Hong Son.

Follow Richard Barrow on social media for reliable reporting regarding Covid in Thailand. He's a fluent in Thai and has been very reliable thus far.

also a very decent chap.  meet him several times every year.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tommy dee said:

. . . . guess that messes with the 7/11 outside drinkers clubs.

I think they had already been dealt with.  The reports I read also had:

No one is allowed to bring food and alcohol to consume in public areas

and

. . . . with group gatherings in parks, beaches and even communal areas of condos now banned.

Between these two I'm sure they could capture the 711 patios.

• Like 1