COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Seeing a few more people wearing face shields now. It does look odd, but if you're serious about protecting yourself from the virus, then a mask alone isn't enough. 

I wonder whose robes were sacrificed for the saffron face masks.

8 hours ago, tommy dee said:

also a very decent chap.  meet him several times every year.  

Yep.

Gets a lot of stick but as usual just jealous pricks.

I think he's fairly well connected through his own hard work.

If it's true laughter is the best medicine, I should be protected from most ailments for awhile with this news report.

Gov’T Mp Blames Amateur Housewives For Egg Shortages

A pro-government lawmaker blamed young housewives for the ongoing egg shortages, saying they are only capable of making desperate egg dishes during their quarantines.

In a video that emerged on social media recently, Phalang Pracharath MP Veerakorn Kumprakob is seen speaking on Friday at the parliament that the country’s egg shortage is caused by unseasoned housewives whose culinary skills are limited to egg dishes.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

If it's true laughter is the best medicine, I should be protected from most ailments for awhile with this news report.

Gov’T Mp Blames Amateur Housewives For Egg Shortages

A pro-government lawmaker blamed young housewives for the ongoing egg shortages, saying they are only capable of making desperate egg dishes during their quarantines.

In a video that emerged on social media recently, Phalang Pracharath MP Veerakorn Kumprakob is seen speaking on Friday at the parliament that the country’s egg shortage is caused by unseasoned housewives whose culinary skills are limited to egg dishes.

He's got a point.

It's embarrassing how reliant millennials are on takeaways.

Most millennial women can't even boil an egg.

5 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

He's got a point.

It's embarrassing how reliant millennials are on takeaways.

Most millennial women can't even boil an egg.

I agree that's true for a lot of the western countries, but is it true for Thailand? 

For the most part the ladies I've met, old as well as young, seem pretty good at rustling up tasty Thai food that uses quite a few more ingredients than just eggs.

I'm also impressed on our hash runs in the jungle the Thai ladies on the run usually come back with bags full of various edible plants they found on trail. Plants that most of us wouldn't even notice, let alone realize they were edible. The running joke on the hash is the Thai ladies don't come to run, they come to shop for free vegetables.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pattaya News.JPG

Grand Bella Hotel in Pattaya is set to become 
field hospital for Covid19 patients under investigation

Ms. Morakot Kuladilok, Hotel Manager at Grand Bella, spoke with the local Thai press and said that the Hotel will be offering one of its three buildings which has 140 separate rooms to be used as a field hospital for Covid-19 patients who are under investigation for the disease.

grandbella1-1024x768.jpg

She stated that the government has no budget to open a field hospital but that the hotel volunteered to help as they wanted to support the community and be part of the solution to the problem of Covid-19. The Grand Bella Hotel will be incurring all costs, including electricity, room and food. A medical team of doctors and nurses from local hospitals are currently surveying the building offered as a field hospital.

She told The Pattaya News that previously the hotel had been very busy with Chinese customers but once the Chinese left they had to focus on the Russian and Indian market. With the further spread of Covid-19 and the effective closure of borders and ability for foreigners to enter the country, the hotel no longer has any tourists. However, the hotel continues to keep hundreds of staff on their payroll, some of whom are willing to assist as needed during the field hospital process.

Ms. Kuladilok made it clear that the hotel had volunteered their assistance and had not been approached by any Government official. She felt that by offering to help they are ensuring this problem can be resolved more quickly by working together.

(LINK)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

curfew probably coming,,  keep your eyes peeled..  all to be revealed soo I think you will find.

Thing is with everything shut what are people even doing at night anyway?

• Like 1

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/02/more-papers-required-for-visa-extensions-due-to-national-security/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

''Nine separate documents are now required for foreigners stranded in Thailand to extend their stay for up to 30 days, the immigration said Thursday.

Immigration spokesman Phakkhaphong Saiubon defended the inconvenience on the grounds of “national security.” New requirements include land deeds, rent contracts, and even selfies of foreigners with their accommodations, even as scenes of disarray and massive queues at immigration continue unabated.

“Indeed, we are requiring more documents than usual because there are those who want to exploit the opportunity,” Col. Phakkhaphong said. “We are doing our best to provide the best service, but bearing in mind that national security is our utmost priority.”

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/02/more-papers-required-for-visa-extensions-due-to-national-security/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

''Nine separate documents are now required for foreigners stranded in Thailand to extend their stay for up to 30 days, the immigration said Thursday.

Immigration spokesman Phakkhaphong Saiubon defended the inconvenience on the grounds of “national security.” New requirements include land deeds, rent contracts, and even selfies of foreigners with their accommodations, even as scenes of disarray and massive queues at immigration continue unabated.

“Indeed, we are requiring more documents than usual because there are those who want to exploit the opportunity,” Col. Phakkhaphong said. “We are doing our best to provide the best service, but bearing in mind that national security is our utmost priority.”

What a load of bollocks.

Compare with here :

Screenshot_20200324-075929_Samsung Internet_copy_600x1067.jpg

6 hours ago, tommy dee said:

curfew probably coming,,  keep your eyes peeled..  all to be revealed soo I think you will find.

Reuters.JPG

Thailand imposes nationwide curfew to curb coronavirus

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will impose a nationwide night curfew from Friday to try to curb the spread of the coronavirus, the prime minister said on Thursday, adding that people had to adapt to survive.

The 10 p.m.-4 a.m. curfew, which will run indefinitely, is the latest measure by the government to curb gatherings and have people stay at home as much as possible.

Exceptions include those people transporting medical supplies and health workers travelling to and from work, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said.

“We prioritise health over freedom,” said Prayuth, a retired army general who seized power in a 2014 coup and was re-installed as a civilian prime minister after a disputed general election over a year ago.

“We might not feel as comfortable as before, but we all need to adapt for survival and have social responsibility, so that we can make it through this crisis.”

Prayuth also said he would ensure that hospitals get the supplies they need, describing medical staff as the “vanguard” against an “invisible enemy”.

In a televised address, Prayuth also asked all Thai citizens abroad to “delay” returning to Thailand until after April 15 in a bid to stop imported cases.   Since March 1, Thailand has seen rising numbers of cases who became infected abroad before returning to Thailand and has put nearly 2,000 people who came into contact with them into quarantine.

Last week, Thailand closed all border crossings for everyone except for Thai nationals, diplomats and their families, and foreigners with permits allowing them to work in Thailand.

Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat, Panarat Thepgumpanat and Chayut Setboonsarng; Editing by Nick Macfie

(LINK)

First I noticed this from EVA -

Updates on Europe Routes

• Flights between Taipei and Vienna/Amsterdam will be temporarily suspended until the end of April.
  • Flights between Taipei and London
    • Starting from March 21, flight BR68 departing from London, which was originally flying to Taipei with a layover in Bangkok, will be flying directly to Taipei. The departure time remains unchanged at 9:20 pm.
    • Starting from March 22, flight BR67 departing from Taipei will not be carrying passengers for the Taipei–Bangkok segment.
  • For information on flights between Taipei and Paris, please check the Timetables

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

First I noticed this from EVA -

Updates on Europe Routes

• Flights between Taipei and Vienna/Amsterdam will be temporarily suspended until the end of April.
  • Flights between Taipei and London
    • Starting from March 21, flight BR68 departing from London, which was originally flying to Taipei with a layover in Bangkok, will be flying directly to Taipei. The departure time remains unchanged at 9:20 pm.
    • Starting from March 22, flight BR67 departing from Taipei will not be carrying passengers for the Taipei–Bangkok segment.
  • For information on flights between Taipei and Paris, please check the Timetables

I was on that last flight from Bkk to Heathrow on the 21st, looks like I got out just in time.

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I was on that last flight from Bkk to Heathrow on the 21st, looks like I got out just in time.

You had the sense to get out.

Some farang thought they were in for an extended holiday.

Now some provinces are closing hotels and turfing tourists out on the street.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Mrs reckons its scorchio temperature up in isaan right now.

No air con daytime   ..... should have had the sense BM Boyds had and gotten out.

4 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yes, I came home two weeks early as it wasn't looking trendy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yes, I came home two weeks early as it wasn't looking trendy.

I flew out overnight 1st and 2nd April 2020.  Things were noticably tightening up during the last few days I was there.  Kiss Foods on Naklua Road where we normally had lunch was closed.

That said the supermarkets and 7/11/Family Mart were open 0500 1900 approx and showed no shortages of food or indeed toilet rolls.  Finnair re booked me onto Qatar Air.  I was impressed with Qatar Air.  Walked through my front door at 0800 hours this morning.

• Like 5