COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

19 hours ago, Krapow said:

First I noticed this from EVA -

Updates on Europe Routes

• Flights between Taipei and Vienna/Amsterdam will be temporarily suspended until the end of April.
  • Flights between Taipei and London
    • Starting from March 21, flight BR68 departing from London, which was originally flying to Taipei with a layover in Bangkok, will be flying directly to Taipei. The departure time remains unchanged at 9:20 pm.
    • Starting from March 22, flight BR67 departing from Taipei will not be carrying passengers for the Taipei–Bangkok segment.
  • For information on flights between Taipei and Paris, please check the Timetables

Just spoke with EVA Air in London, surprising easy to get through.

They said the above was just until end of April as it currently stood. Those flights cancelled up to end of April will get full refund, as will the rest if and when they get cancelled like my June flight.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Murchie said:

What are you on about, Pattaya is a ghost town. 

Same as here. Hence it make no sense to instaur a curfew and all sort of bans, that will change nothing but add to the scare.

Everything is dead and closed here is Bali, simply because there is ZERO tourist left.  

4 hours ago, Sigi said:

Pattaya Shutdown! Severe restrictions on movement and closure of hotels among new measures as Covid-19 cases rise rapidly

A top level meeting yesterday of the governor of Chonburi, district chiefs, mayors and health personnel decided on a ten point plan that is set to be signed and implemented today. 

The measures will leave any tourists remaining in Pattaya at the whim of hotel owners as to whether they will stay open, notes Thaivisa.

It includes curfew measures, the closure of hotels, restriction on employees leaving the province and the shutdown of Pattaya.

No one will be able to go in and out of the resort unless it is absolutely necessary. 

The meeting heard that infections in Chonburi had rocketed to 61. 

The new measures are:

1. Each district sets up their own taskforce to ensure compliance with the regulations

2. Hotels and places that resemble hotels are to close down and employees are to stay at the hotels and not leave Chonburi to go home. Hotels that still have guests were given three days to decide whether to close down or stay open. 

3. Pattaya will be sealed off. No one will be allowed to go in or out. Checkpoints will decide on special cases. 

4. All beaches in Chonburi are to close to any social gathering but swimming is still allowed. 

5. Gas stations are to close between 10 pm and 5 am.

6. All markets are to shut. 

7. People are asked to observe an 11pm to 5 am curfew (if the government announces separate regulations to be followed people must follow the government orders).

8. Certain commercial businesses are to be ordered shut (This vague reference was not explained, notes Thaivisa)

9. There is to be no assemblies at reservoirs. 

10. Male and female hairdressers can remain open for haircutting only. All tattooists and nail salons are to shut. 

All these regulations will apply when signed by the governor. 

That is expected to happen today, notes Thaivisa. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1157476-pattaya-shutdown-severe-restrictions-on-movement-and-closure-of-hotels-among-new-measures-as-covid-19-cases-rise-rapidly/#comments

Source: 77kaoded

The Pattaya News article on the new restrictions has an explanation in regards to the hotel closure notice. Also has a different take on market restrictions.

-Closure of all hotels in Chonburi. This includes any establishment that is similar to a hotel, such as a guesthouse or a bed and breakfast. Additionally, employees of the hotel must stay in the Chonburi area during the closure for potential contact tracing. If a hotel still has guests, they must inform the local jurisdiction office within three business days or if they wish to stay open for current guests. (Editor’s Note: There has been some confusion about the hotel closures. This has been pushed by the Eastern Seaboard Hotel Association for several weeks now as most hotels occupancy rates are near 0 in Chonburi. However, without an official closure notice from the Government, the hotel and staff can get no Social Security benefits from the current situation and many hotels face having to lay off staff or close the business. By ordering the close, this effectively saves many hotels by enabling them to collect additional benefits and tax breaks.)

-All special markets that are not open for trading every day are closed. Markets that are normally open daily should be providing food only, per previous orders, and no seating or areas for people to socialize. Proper hygiene standards must be in place.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/03/chonburi-releases-official-order-with-list-of-new-closures-and-restrictions-including-hotels-and-beaches/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

They are really doing everything to make the place tourist friendly..........

wtf  there are no tourists mate its empty.  the hotel deal isa t the request of the hoteliers who can then lay off their staff without it costing them a penny

3 hours ago, john luke said:

I think the fact that the gent had already overstayed by two days may have been a factor in the Immigration Officer's decison to only grant the shorter extension rather than 30 days.

The shorter extension is due to the IO he dealt with not having the authority to grant the extension.  You can see on the stamp where it says the "application of stay is under consideration" which means it has not been granted and still has to be rubber stamped by a higher official.  When he returns in two weeks he'll get the remainder of the thirty days and there won't be any more to pay.  This is happening across the board just now with extensions with it sometimes 10 days, two weeks, 15 days etc.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

Man with coronavirus spits at passenger before collapsing dead on train

This is the horrifying moment a man with coronavirus spat at another train passenger before being found dead in a carriage.

Anan Sahoh’s lifeless body was discovered on Tuesday after he boarded a train from Bangkok to Narathiwat in the south of Thailand the day before.

He was later confirmed to have Covid-19 and officials disinfected the carriage and ordered anyone onboard to quarantine for 14 days.

But when CCTV footage from the station was checked, officers were horrified to learn what Anan, 56, had done as he bought his ticket.

Footage shows Anan on a crutch ignoring social distancing lines on the ground, before he spits in a man’s face.

He then walked away and took the train on which he was found dead.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/02/man-coronavirus-spits-passenger-collapsing-dead-train-12497286/

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

26 minutes ago, Murchie said:

I don't see any problem with him being fined. Start waiving fines you'll have thousands reporting late.

So you would have everyone crammed into small spaces contravening social distancing rules and risking themselves and others getting sick? Makes complete sense. Every other nation on earth has given automatic visa extensions, why not Thailand? 

10 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

So you would have everyone crammed into small spaces contravening social distancing rules and risking themselves and others getting sick? Makes complete sense. Every other nation on earth has given automatic visa extensions, why not Thailand? 

I'm don't sure how come up with an answer like that when all I said was I agree with the fine.

It's up to the Government whether they issue automatic extensions or not. You should know well enough that the Government doesn't care what the rest of the world is doing.

6 minutes ago, Murchie said:

I'm don't sure how come up with an answer like that when all I said was I agree with the fine.

It's up to the Government whether they issue automatic extensions or not. You should know well enough that the Government doesn't care what the rest of the world is doing.

Well if you agree with the fine you must agree with the measures. Defending the indefensible, putting people at risk for an extra few thousand baht. 

5 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Well if you agree with the fine you must agree with the measures. Defending the indefensible, putting people at risk for an extra few thousand baht. 

As I said I agree with the fine. Please don't assume you know what my view is.

• Thumbs Up 2

i am sure it will be changed at some point but its a system.  and the little officer on the desk cant buck the sytem.. overstays pay.  everyone is winging it right now, on every issue, worldwide.  everyone has an opinion etc.  but bearing in mind the decision makers are working on a single visa valid to june  i would say they have plans for sure.  thats already heading thru the system.

• Great Info 1

On 3/30/2020 at 10:41 PM, KWA said:

Still, as Rompho Ray mentions elsewhere, I hope we'll be able to have a beer (or two) while we wait for our food.

Still going on as of today (Friday), except that the cops stopped by and told Dave that people shouldn't congregate and drink beer in front of his place.  So now we congregate and drink beer from styrofoam cups in front of his place.

The hotels in Pattaya are basically already empty because there are little or no tourists still remaining the bulk having gone home or never arrived in the first place. Now they all have to shut which is bound to leave a remaining small number of guests who cannot get a flight home yet living........where?

So WHY is Jomtien Immigration so busy?

What am I missing?

Edited by Jambo

17 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Same as here. Hence it make no sense to instaur a curfew and all sort of bans, that will change nothing but add to the scare.

Everything is dead and closed here is Bali, simply because there is ZERO tourist left.  

The idea is presumably to prevent infected people from outside Pattaya traveling here to have a knees-up with their mates. Many Thai people, and not just a few farangs, seem to think the whole situation is a nonsense and are completely ignoring the social distancing protocol. Hence the closure of all the bars, restaurants only for takeways, no booze sales after 6:00 PM anywhere, and now no travel at all after 10:00 PM. It's just intended to stop people from being the social animals that they naturally are, getting together for a few drinks and a bite to eat, and possibly spread the virus. The message is simple and clear, stay at home with your family. If everybody did that then nobody would notice the curfew and check points.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Christ, imagine being curfewed day and night in one of those 28m2 rooms many thais in big cities live in.

A friend of mine is doing it in Pattaya. And he's doing it with his Flippo GF. The GF lays around all day watching cartoons, he on the other hand is either out exercising, or getting stupid drunk. Think the alcoholic part is how he copes.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

A friend of mine is doing it in Pattaya. And he's doing it with his Flippo GF. The GF lays around all day watching cartoons, he on the other hand is either out exercising, or getting stupid drunk. Think the alcoholic part is how he copes.

To each their own. I'd have roped it myself.

Covid19 really starting to bite in Thailand now. Apparently lumpini park is full of recently unemployed Thais who've been made homeless with nowhere to go and no money. I read that the situation in Pattaya isn't much better with quite a lot of people sleeping rough in the beach road area.Screenshot_20200404_180208.jpg

Screenshot_20200404_180122.jpg