COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

46 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I think they will allow more foreigners in over the coming months, but with the same conditions of entry that are currently imposed, can't see a return to commercial tourism yet. I don't think that will come until a vaccine is working. 

I have to agree with you 100%. I am on the pessimistic side about US tourists being allowed in anytime soon. Especially with hotspots cropping up here. I am leaning towards early 2021 when we will be allowed entry at the soonest. 

On 7/26/2020 at 3:48 AM, Jambo said:

4. Apart from a valid visa, travellers must prepare the following documents in order to enter 
Thailand: 
 (1) COE and Declaration Form with applicant’s signature acknowledging and 
accepting the terms stated therein 
 (2) Medical certificate affirming good health in traveling (Fit to Fly/ Travel Health 
Certificate 
 (3) Medical certificate affirming a negative result of Corona (COVID-19) RT-PCR 
test examined or issued not over 72 hours before departure 
 5. Travellers shall, immediately after entering Thailand, strictly follow the health 
procedures by quarantining at an ASQ for 14 days at their own expense 

You would also need evidence that you're in one of the categories allowed back in eg work permit, marriage certificate, Thai child's birth certificate or whatever.

1 hour ago, Steelers4Life said:

I have to agree with you 100%. I am on the pessimistic side about US tourists being allowed in anytime soon. Especially with hotspots cropping up here. I am leaning towards early 2021 when we will be allowed entry at the soonest. 

It's a fast changing situation, it seems a surge of cases in Europe and the Northern Hemisphere is almost inevitable when we move towards winter.

It's unlikely a vaccine will be widely distributed and working before then. I just can't see Thailand opening up to tourists with this thing still circulating. Public opinion in Thailand is still very much against letting tourists back into the country. 

Realistically, we are looking at least another 12 months before we start to see tourists traveling to Thailand in numbers anywhere near like they were prior to covid19. 

• Great Info 1

Given the crowds in Pattaya and elsewhere over this long holiday weekend, emulating the conditions in Da Nang recently, I think we need to watch what happens in Thailand over the coming two weeks. Short of inviting tourists back, the Thais have done just about everything they can to encourage the virus to resurface, as it has in Vietnam. Now let's wait and see what happens.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Given the crowds in Pattaya and elsewhere over this long holiday weekend, emulating the conditions in Da Nang recently, I think we need to watch what happens in Thailand over the coming two weeks. Short of inviting tourists back, the Thais have done just about everything they can to encourage the virus to resurface, as it has in Vietnam. Now let's wait and see what happens.

It will be telling for sure as Thailand has reported no new local infections for 63 days. If there is a new outbreak then that would indicate the govt has been publishing false info for several months.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It will be telling for sure as Thailand has reported no new local infections for 63 days. If there is a new outbreak then that would indicate the govt has been publishing false info for several months.

Not necessarily, Vietnam had gone around 100 days without a local case when two suddenly emerged during a crowded holiday period. Apparently their contact tracing is top-notch (as you might expect of a Communist government with its surveillance apparatus at the local level), yet the last I read they still didn't know how the new cases had been spread. My guess is an asymptomatic carrier (or more than one) who doesn't present a major risk in normal situations, but during a holiday when he or she gets down to party central, the virus suddenly finds it can spread again in a crowded, enclosed place where people are talking very loudly or shouting. I think the Thai and Vietnamese governments have been telling the truth as far as they know it. The CCSA admits that it doesn't know what's going on in the general population as they claim they cannot afford mass testing, but as far as I can see they haven't deliberately lied or falsified any numbers. The one ray of hope is that they've carried out two lots of "mass testing", one in Rayong and Bangkok due to the recent Egyptian/Sudanese incidents, and the other in Pattaya during the lockdown, and neither found any evidence of the virus circulating in the general population. Of course, testing 10,000 people in three places out of 70 million is hardly exhaustive, but again there's zero evidence that anybody has been telling porkies.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Boys, boys, boys.... do you really believe any numbers and any announcement by governments such as Thailand, Vietnam, or here ? 

Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise, or an alternative source of information?

The conversation is based on announcements being made, whether the reasons behind them might be debatable, does not change any restrictions being placed on immigration at the current time.  

19 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have just read that a pet cat in Glasgow has tested positive for Covid 19.😃

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

..... or it's a pussy problem again! 🙂

• Haha 4

On 7/28/2020 at 11:05 AM, Thai Spice said:

Boys, boys, boys.... do you really believe any numbers and any announcement by governments such as Thailand, Vietnam, or here ? 

Well Vietnam must have been lying, it's had a Thai style ban on tourists for months, then all of a sudden dozens of cases pop up after weeks of 0 cases. How did that happen?

• Like 1

Thai Embassy in London are running three Thai Air flights repatriation flights from London to Bangkok in August, they're allowing 50 non Thai on each flight. Flight's not even that expensive considering, £689. Yes i know it's the cost of quarantine etc once you arrive. 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/120100-**Repatriation-Flights-for-non-Thai-nationals**.html

13 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Well Vietnam must have been lying, it's had a Thai style ban on tourists for months, then all of a sudden dozens of cases pop up after weeks of 0 cases. How did that happen?

People trafficking over the Chinese border, from what I read, and once they're in it starts to spread.

14 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

18 minutes ago, KWA said:

People trafficking over the Chinese border, from what I read, and once they're in it starts to spread.

If countries like Thailand, VN, declare having nearly zero cases IMO there are 3 choices :

- They lie, and their numbers are BS.

- They have a miraculous protection in their DNA

- The whole Covid thing is a hoax

pick whichever you want.